Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2010, 17:07   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation

But most maruti wirkshops I have visited also have only one washing bay. And since I always get the car serviced in front of me, I know that washing is indeed the weakest link in the chain as far as time is concerned.

But the job not well done, thats sad. I say again, Carnation simply cannot afford bad publicity through this. This is a golden chance and should do as much as possible to get proper repeat business.
Old 12th December 2010, 17:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

One washing bay that can accomodate one car at a time is not on. All Maruti A.S.S that I have been have at least 3 washing guns and multiple set of people taking care of washing like an assembly line. Here it was one person washing one car at a time.
Old 12th December 2010, 19:22   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited Carnation ( Uppal Branch) on Saturday around Noon. Bad timing

They took the car into the bay for that 25-point check and were done with it in less than 20 minutes and was in a line for vaccum cleaning and washing for almost an hour ( in between more than 30 minutes break for lunch)

I got my car back at 3pm which is almost 3 hours wait for just vaccum and washing. Trust me they didnt even spend more than 15 minutes for waxing. He was dabbing a little of 3M wax and rubbing it immediately, first time i see such horrendous style of application. Thank god, took my white angel instead of the annihilator.

This place is huge but everything seems sad. Right from advisors to their attitude was reeking of sadness. They absolutely dont seem to have any business as most bays were empty and mechanics were just walking around the place chit catting et. all

Essentially, just get the vaccuming and washing done which was done quite thorougly. If you love your car, ask them to not go ahead with waxing as it's just a farce

I have another voucher available which i will use on my Cruze just for washing which would still make this deal worthwhile but, next time will go on a sunday and at 9AM so as to get away from that place in an hour.

Some mobile cam pictures of work being done on my cutie pie
Attached Thumbnails
Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-img00056201012111152.jpg  

Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-img00062201012111435.jpg  

Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-img00063201012111437.jpg  

Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-img00065201012111450.jpg  

Carwash & Waxing for Rs.99 at Carnation-img00067201012111453.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th December 2010 at 19:24.
Old 12th December 2010, 20:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

Got it done on Saturday. Happened to meet another BHPian.

Observations:

The guys there have no preparation for the volume of cars turned up. My car was sent without a job card, which later turned out to be a pain.

Washing was with bore water which was very hard and a single bay did not help my case either. Washing was improper with no proper method resulting in a lot of unwashed areas on the car.

The wax used was motowax. I asked the service manager if was to avail their services again (I bought two :() can I bring my own wax? And he responds "Sir, it is not practically possible, what if every customer gets their own wax". Well, what to say, he made my day.

I made it a point to get my car properly done.

All in all, a below average experience and not worth the effort. I do not recommend carnation.
Old 12th December 2010, 20:42   #80
Senior - BHPian

After seeing the negative reviews here am glad my judgement for wait and watch was good
As so many bhpians bought coupons anyone with a good experience?
Old 12th December 2010, 20:42   #81
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thanks buddy for your review.

I will take my Matiz there, But i need to know one thing, i booked it on the NET, i dont have any coupon, but an acknowledgement that i copied on to word doc. I think i need to take a print out and go.

And, "DIAMOND BLUE" is a horrible polish, but you cant get anything more than this for Rs.99/-
Sorry but what else can one expect for 99 rs
BTW this is what even Honda puts on cars to be delivered,can you beat that? The fact that this 99 rs waxing has got so much attention points to the fact there is lack of awareness at what proper surface treatment is all about!
Old 12th December 2010, 20:54   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Sorry but what else can one expect for 99 rs
BTW this is what even Honda puts on cars to be delivered,can you beat that? The fact that this 99 rs waxing has got so much attention points to the fact there is lack of awareness at what proper surface treatment is all about!
The point is not about waxing for 99 rs. It is about a product which is otherwise 999 is offered for 99.
Old 12th December 2010, 21:04   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am going to Carnation, Pune tomorrow by 11 AM. Anyone else from pune for the same time?
Hi Anil,

Pls do share your review about pune centre. I am planning to go for it by this month end.

Also, where exactly is this location? Can you please share it on google map?
Old 12th December 2010, 21:43   #84
BHPian

Got this done at Carnation, Marathahalli, Bangalore.

Total time spent - 3hrs

- 25point check - when asked what all is involved they said lights, indicators, fluid levels (engine oil, coolant, windshield washer)
- Washing - my local person does it much betters than these guys. My car had a lot of grease marks. All that remained after the wash. They did not even wipe the interiors properly.
- Waxing - They use some liquid called Diamond Blue. Less than half of the sachet/packet was used. The waxing was done in 15mins.

What is carnation trying to achieve with this promotion?

I'm not sure how this is done in other carnation centers, but please avoid the Marathahalli one.

End result - Cost of the offer 99, 1 litre petrol, and getting added to SnapDeals and Carnation's bulk email list!

Last edited by sanjaykk : 12th December 2010 at 21:47.
Old 12th December 2010, 23:13   #85
Senior - BHPian

Well guys, thanks to all for putting up their experience.

It seems to be as what I expected. No one can offer a true waxing job for just a mere 99 bucks. It is basically a slightly glorified car wash

Never did find carnation to be of any use anyways

When I went there once on Marathalli road, the entire showroom was empty (almost), and I had asked for some premium brand wiper blades and one of the guys told me to go in for syndicate as it is really amazing. He was trying to tell me that the stock brand for an Accent was something else, till i revealed that it already had sundicate and I thought it was crap. And I wanted Bosch, anyway, I prefer to stay away from that place as I have heard too many bad stories

With ref to the coupons, will just take it there for a normal pressure wash. Looks like each centre uses a differnt brand of wax by whats been written here
Old 13th December 2010, 10:28   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post

With ref to the coupons, will just take it there for a normal pressure wash. Looks like each centre uses a differnt brand of wax by whats been written here

Looks like they charge Rs. 300/- for a normal wash (without coupons).
Old 13th December 2010, 10:57   #87
BHPian

Another addition to the list horrible experiences with Carnation. I went to the BG road workshop at 9:45AM on 12th. I was the third person to enter their building that day. Came out at 3PM . Went home and spend the next half an hour trying to get rid of the wax over spray from the windshield.

The infrastructure is good, the equipment is new but the workshop is run by a bunch of morons. Even my petrol pump pressure wash is much more efficient and the wash is a lot better. Don't even get me started on the waxing. I regularly do a much much better job of it at home myself.

Carnation: Never again.

I think I met DieselFan there. It was nice meeting you sir. Only consolation for one of the worst Sunday mornings in recent history.

Oh, BTW, they were offering free wash and wax that day since it is a new facility. I basically lost 99/- Rs!

Last edited by bullinb : 13th December 2010 at 10:59.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

I will be visiting Carnation auto sometime next week.Will post my experience for sure.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:53   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
I think I met DieselFan there. It was nice meeting you sir. Only consolation for one of the worst Sunday mornings in recent history.
Yes it was me. It was nice to meet up with you and chatting while frustratingly waiting for the job to get done.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:07   #90
BHPian

I was thinking of taking this offer for my Altis, but since nobody seems to have had a good experience, I have dropped the idea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks