Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2010, 22:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

New "Hire a Driver" service for those who party hard!

Intention of this thread is to bring this to your notice, that a safer alternative to drinking and driving exists.

I have no personal experience with these drivers though.

Other alternative is-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...rs-mumbai.html
Attached Thumbnails
New "Hire a Driver" service for those who party hard!-165392_188750031139913_100000147534537_771455_2753809_n.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 27th December 2010 at 10:49.
Old 26th December 2010, 23:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: New "Hire a Driver" service for those who party hard!

Good initiative its better than creating a havoc after a few glasses.On the second thought are these driver's well versed on driving premium segment cars..!

And secondly what if any of these drivers bang the cars they are given,will the company be able to take the responsibility for that one new eve's night.
Old 27th December 2010, 02:19   #3
BHPian

Excellent money making initiative on the new year eve. However in a city like Mumbai, everyone would love to party on 31st, how will they manage with so many driver resource??
Old 27th December 2010, 09:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Guys, as i said, this is just to bring to your notice & I have no personal experience with their drivers.

Yes, as far as i know, they are hiring drivers on the basis of his driving etiquette, experience in number of years & also which cars he has driven.

For any queries, you can just call up the number given & clear the doubts.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Good initiative its better than creating a havoc after a few glasses.On the second thought are these driver's well versed on driving premium segment cars..!

And secondly what if any of these drivers bang the cars they are given,will the company be able to take the responsibility for that one new eve's night.
Did you ever read the fine print on the job card copy given to you at any of the authorised service centres? It says the vehicles are stored and driven at owner's risk. That being the case, it is too much to expect the company to take the responsibility.

It is a risk worth taking rather than driving after getting drunk. Make sure that your insurance papers are in order. :-)

Murthy
Old 27th December 2010, 11:05   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: New "Hire a Driver" service for those who party hard!

Great to see new entrants in the industry. Personally though, I've had a satisfactory experience each time that I've used "Party Hard Drivers" and don't think I'll switch over.

Raj, could you please provide some info on their charges?
Old 27th December 2010, 12:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

The service is available after 8 pm. Pricing for 7 hours is Rs. 1200 (on 31st december) & overtime charges is Rs. 100 per hour.

Also, this rate is for New Year's Night only & the rest of the nights, they charge Rs 400 for 9pm to 3am with Rs. 100 overtime.

@ Ramie: Paaji, no firm will take the responsibility of your car. The A.S.S. does not, valet parking guys does not, pay & park in malls does not... nobody does!

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th December 2010 at 19:29.
Old 27th December 2010, 12:50   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
a safer alternative to drinking and driving exists.
Just a choice-of-word quibble, if I may...

Please leave off the -er. There is no safety in drinking and driving.

The only safe amount of alcohol consumption before driving is zero.

And remember... if you party hard, you can still be unsafe the next day.
Old 27th December 2010, 15:45   #9
BHPian

I had bad experience with a hired driver couple of months back. As I could not spare my office work on a week day to take my family on a day trip , I hired a driver from a reputed agency referred by my friend. He took my family out the whole day and bought them safe by night, He left after parking the car and getting his changes. Next morning I got to see a big scratch in left end of my front bumper.
I enquired my family whether he hit the car somewhere and their reply was absolute "No". I think he would have brushed it somewhere in the shopping mall parking after dropping my family.
Old 16th May 2013, 21:18   #10
BHPian

Posting this to my friend's reqest.

My friend has been a customer for over a year with EZi Drivers. His customer Id is 17927. On Thursday 9May2013 he had booked a driver for the 10th. The driver was a no show. There was no communication from the Company either, he had to cancel his father's doctors appointment due to this lapse. On 11May2013, he had booked a driver for 13May2013, 11Am. At 10Am on 13May13, he gets a call that a driver is available only at 1Pm. When he questioned them, they hung up and sent me a message saying the driver request has been cancelled.
The EZi Drive company may have been above average before, but now they seem to have slipped into absolute mediocrity.
]BOOK A DRIVER AT YOUR OWN

Last edited by narendra.vw : 16th May 2013 at 21:22. Reason: unwanted words

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks