Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 22:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Supporting individual local businesses/ initiatives

With all the change around us, it seems like we are set for an Americanised version of India. I am not saying it is a bad thing; there is some really good infrastructure being built now. However, this should not be at the cost of our own Indian way of living. It is better to be a modest yet proud original than a watered down copy of someone else, isnt it?
From the little time I lived in France, I have seen a lot of the cliched behaviour but I ended up appreciating their support for local produce/ business setups. The locals here prefer to buy their bread/ meat/ cheese/ wine etc from smaller producers for their unique taste, than the uniform blandness of the hypermarkets.
To a large extent, we also practice this in India and we know of a large number of local producers who provide excellent quality even though they may be a little more expensive than the stuff available in markets. the objective of this thread is to list the great local produce that is available in our cities, most of which is not publicised enough for everyone's awareness.
Do you know where we can get excellent quality food products/ raw materials/ clothes/ services in our cities? I am not talking about chains but good individual businesses.
for e.g. there is a great dairy right opposite pune railway station for lassi (I think it is called shiv kailash)

Mods: please merge if already existing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks