Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 12:20   #136
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Issues with Customer Care : Mobile Phone Companies

I think even Vodafone is no better. Their customer care has gone worse as well. Now a days I don't call these guys. Instead I approach vodafone store directly and talk to them face to face. Atleast, they way they can't ignore me by putting me on hold.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:46   #137
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Best method to fix Vodafone problems?
Email them. They are not helpful. After 3 days, email the Nodal officer. Get your problems fixed within hours.
Old 25th January 2011, 13:13   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Best method to fix Vodafone problems?
Email them. They are not helpful. After 3 days, email the Nodal officer. Get your problems fixed within hours.
Not required to wait for 3 days. Mail them, while keeping the Nodal officer in CC. Call the Nodal office if you do not get a response in a day. Tried and tested

EDIT: Hey, why are we discussing Vodafone care related stuff in the Airtel care(lessness) thread???

Last edited by silversteed : 25th January 2011 at 13:21.
Old 25th January 2011, 15:38   #139
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Jokers named Airtel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
I also have another Idea prepaid connection. Both continue to activate various services themselves on my numbers without any request from me and even me being aware of activation. Result I loose 200-300 Rs. Every month. This is cheating of lowest grade by so called respected businessmen like Sunil Mittal and Kumarmanglam Birla. They should be ashamed, but that is wishful thinking on my part.
Very surprised to read that. Have been using Idea (Mah. circle, pre-paid) for over 4 years. No incidence of any fraudulent charging on any pretext. Instead they will loot you over the table with higher tariffs.

On the other hand, Airtel is the biggest daylight swindler in the business. If I write my experiences, it will fill pages. Just run from them like hell...

All other operators I have used are somewhere in between in these two (regarding this parameter). Even the much maligned Reliance Infocom is nowhere in comparison to Airtel, when it comes to swindling, craftiness, customer care horrors, etc. Thats what it takes to be number one, it seems...
Old 7th June 2011, 18:03   #140
BHPian

Re: Issues with Customer Care : Mobile Phone Companies

Team-BHPians, BE CAREFUL of Airtel's 3G services.

I saw my mobile bill for the month of May, 2011, which is Rs. 1643.69/- in which the GPRS data usage was charged Rs.1175.70. My average bill happens to be around Rs. 700 - 900. Looking at this surprise, I called the customer care immediately, who replied that it is the 3G usage charges 30P/20KB. When more queries were asked, the executive tried to escape from the scene and replying in a rude way.

Lots of e-mails were exchanged between 121@airtel.com & me. I got weird replies again and again with slight modification (looks like the guy copy pastes it in the mail). They said they never received any notification regarding deactivation of the 3G services. They said "On receipt of your concern, we reviewed your bill dated 03-06-2011 and have verified the charges of Rs.1175.70 levied in your bill towards 3G usage. There appears to be no overcharging in your account. We would like to assure you that we have deployed a state of the art billing system which ensures that your bill is always error free."

I called '198' Airtel complaints division, they clearly mentioned that the 3G services were activated on 26th Feb, 2011 by their Back-end team. Earlier I had a 2G plan with Rs 98/- with 2GB of data usage limit and these marketing so called Back-end team changed it without my knowledge. The 3G charges were laid even if I used 2G network on my phone. I received neither SMS, e-mail nor any phone call from Airtel regarding 3G activation, but just hefty bills.

The Airtel’s Back-end team will call you on your cell phone stating your interests to promote their 3G services. I strictly denied them always as I was aware about these charges. But this back-end team does lots of work at the back-end. They play with your services.

This clearly re-confirms that this mischief was done from Airtel's back-end team. Since Airtel's marketing team is responsible for my all the huge bills for the month of March, April & May 2011 I said them to reimburse the bills. This has also been escalated to the Nodal Officer Airtel. The decision will be taken on 8th May, 2011.

I specified them clearly if the actions are not taken, one day Airtel will definitely lose a heavy number of customers. It is not a single customer, but the Airtel will lose a chain of customers. Thanks to the number portability also.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 7th June 2011 at 18:09.
Old 7th June 2011, 21:26   #141
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issues with Customer Care : Mobile Phone Companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Team-BHPians, BE CAREFUL of Airtel's 3G services...

I specified them clearly if the actions are not taken, one day Airtel will definitely lose a heavy number of customers. It is not a single customer, but the Airtel will lose a chain of customers. Thanks to the number portability also.
Please take a look at this blog.

I'm one such hapless soul who ended up with a very hefty bill from Airtel, and managed to escape to Vodafone, thanks to number portability. What you said is right, there are quite a lot of people in my friends-circle who've ported out of Airtel.

Most Viewed