Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 18:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
Hell! their network is a full book of jokes itself! My signal strength indicator moves up and down like an equalizer bar!
LOL

Quote:
"sir, system down hai"
You have millions of customers and "system down hai"? did the inhouse monkey mess up the cables?

Quote:
I am apprently a premium customer as my monthly billing is more than 25k (dont ask me why)
Forgive me pradster, but I can't stop myself. 25k ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The way i understand this is, there are two clauses to this statement of theirs, which we shall break up and analyze:

1.) All services not affecting talk time value,
2.) Services which include incoming voice calls/SMS.
Take the following statement as an example.

"All companies which manufacture cars in India, including Tata motors and Hyundai, have decided to jack up their prices by 10%"

Anything wrong with this statement ?

Does it mean that Maruti hasn't raised it's prices? Does it not leave that part to the better judgment of the reader ?

I hope this makes things clear now.
Old 16th April 2009, 18:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Not surprised at all.
5 years back gave up airtel sim card due to their 'excellent' billing system and switched to vodafone. Vodafone has dc problem at times in between calls but billing is very accurate and CC is also fine.
My experience with airtel CC for broadband and landline has been very good since last 3 years.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Airtel Customer Care sucks Big time !
Old 16th April 2009, 19:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't make a difference even if you visit their main office. All levels are the same.

Faced problems in:
-Airtel Broadband
-Airtel Landline
-Airtel Prepaid
-Airtel Postpaid
- Airtel Technical & Network Issues

Last edited by Gordon : 16th April 2009 at 19:06.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried disconnecting your airtel Post paid number?

I had gone to their office to disconnect my number and Lo Behold was invited to this long Queue there. We waited for an hour and then the lady at the counter asked me and my friend to give our numbers on a piece of paper and they would do the needful as we had paid all our previous dues.

One month later I got a bill from them asking me to pay for using their sim which i had disposed off in a dustbin and been using vodafone. This has been continuing for sometime and calling their customer care wont help
They have hired some recovery agents and i had to contact them to get my issue addressed to and one piece of advice. When these guys say that they will call you back in half an hour that means you should call back in half an hour.
I loved their broadband service but after seeing their mobile service i dont wanna take a risk again
Old 16th April 2009, 19:20   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
It doesn't make a difference even if you visit their main office. All levels are the same.

Faced problems in:
-Airtel Broadband
-Airtel Landline
-Airtel Prepaid
-Airtel Postpaid
- Airtel Technical & Network Issues
Are you sure? Airtel landline/broadband (originally Touchtel) is totally a different company than Airtel Mobile (prepaid & postpaid). My experience with Airtel landline/broadband customer service has been fantastic since 4 years. But I can't say the same about Airtel mobile, nowhere close. They have the same parent (Bharti) as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I loved their broadband service but after seeing their mobile service i dont wanna take a risk again
They are not the same, they even have different CEOs. Don't judge Tata Consultancy Services by Tata Motors experience.

Last edited by Samurai : 16th April 2009 at 19:22.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:25   #37
BANNED

Airtel customer care staff is illmannered & often rude to the customers.

Airtel freely lets out nos. of their customers to advertising agencies/marketing purposes. Its common to recieve marketing calls from their own enterprises also, like Airtel broadband or basic phone, etc.

I've given up the Airtel nos. I had, after frequently experiencing poor customer care service.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

really disappointing service.
and i was going to get an AirTel sim this summer :(
OT: Can someone recommend a different operator for me? The phone will be used primarily in Chennai, but should be able to roam within india.

btw, does 160by2 really work?

cheers
Old 16th April 2009, 19:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Are you sure? Airtel landline/broadband (originally Touchtel) is totally a different company than Airtel Mobile (prepaid & postpaid). My experience with Airtel landline/broadband customer service has been fantastic since 4 years. But I can't say the same about Airtel mobile, nowhere close. They have the same parent (Bharti) as of now.
The secret is here, Airtel pays its customer care providers (call centers) per call minute/per call.

Vodafone pays in certain circles per agent shift hours. and in certain circles per minute or per call depending upon the response to the RFQ by each vendor.

To cut costs its essential that more customers are resolved in the lowest number of attempts, there's also a rider on the same.

Again question of Arpu (Average Revenue Per User) is higher in fixed line/WLL segment as against cellular. ARPU can fluctuate from as low as 400 per month to 600 per month per cellular subscriber.

In the fixed line/WLL phones its as high as Rs. 1000 to 2000 per subscriber line. With Corporate customers its pretty high.

The difference is there, there is also a system where premium customers with an average billing of over Rs. 1000 or so are handled in an altogether different call center as against the lower ARPU call centers.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
btw, does 160by2 really work?

cheers
Yes, it does work well. But you have just 80 chars for each message. The rest will be a small ad

Indyarocks.com is better in that regard. You get over 100 chars there(maybe even 120) Don't remember exactly.
And no ads in indyarocks !
Old 16th April 2009, 23:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Airtelbroadband is no better

i have got the basic 399 unlimited connection the modem is mine and i have disconnected the landline but i still get a bill of 800+ every month
now if i calculate the bill it will come about 400@12.5%= 450

but the airtel people don't listen to it
i will be going to airtel office after my exams

Last edited by manikjeet : 16th April 2009 at 23:57.
Old 17th April 2009, 00:02   #42
BHPian

In AP Airtel charges are one of the highest. It is definitely not commensurate with their service. I am waiting for the number portability to begin to switch the service. Airtel grew on the weakness of BSNL. Now it is struggling under its own weight. Their snobbishenss doesn't enhance their appeal.
Old 17th April 2009, 00:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

I have a pretty good experience with airtel in AP. I use both broadband and their cellular services.

Airtel Live does not work on winmo and iphone, nor does NOP (99bucks unlimited internet on phone). WHen i asked why, they said it is because NOP should be used to browse only wap sites but on winmo and iphone the browsers load full websites also.
It was a load of crap i know, symbian phones also load www but NOP works on them.
I beleive airtel live and nop are blocked with imei if their software detects winmo or iphone.
Old 17th April 2009, 00:26   #44
BHPian

d3mon:

My Airtel plan gives me outgoing SMS at the rate of Rs.0.05. Five paise per local sms.

However, when my balance falls below the minimum balance required to make a 1-minute phone call-- i.e. Re. 1 --all outgoing calls and SMSes are barred. All outgoing is barred, except to the customer care number and emergency services. (Try calling 100, it should work.) Never mind that I may still have enough balance to send 19 smses as per my plan.

This is Airtel's system. That's the way it is. No offence, but why are you breaking your head over it? Why don't you just recharge your phone and use it, instead of getting worked up over something so trivial?

Last edited by Perakath : 17th April 2009 at 00:28.
Old 17th April 2009, 00:40   #45
Team-BHP Support

Guys, Airtel has launched a scheme called Chhota Recahrge, wherein you can send an sms and get 10 bucks worth talktime instantaneously. It will be debited when you recharge next. So make use of it.

Please call up the customer care () to know the exact content of the sms.

Most Viewed