Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 12:11   #76
BHPian

Hey PatienceWins, Did you speak to the store manager or their escalation channel. If it still happened after that, I will say report that to TRAI. They would love to look at this.

As for rest, do you guys think that bringing this thread up to the notice of the higher people in Airtel could help. Has anyone tried this yet, with what results. I have someone who is doing well in that company, so he might send this to one of the senior managers there.
Old 26th April 2009, 12:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

Other operators are no better.

I bought a prepaid Vodafone card for my gf a couple of days back. As usual, the verification documents had a problem. They always do. I've had about 4 vodafone/orange/hutch/max touch numbers myself and as far as I can remember, every sim bought by me, my family and friends has needed a second set of verification documents. No problems I thought, the borivli VF gallery is on the way to the library where me and my gf study everyday. Went to the gallery where I was told of a group-talk plan for postpaid users. Since I already had a postpaid number, I decided to change my gf's recently-bought prepaid number to postpaid.

Now remember that I still had to submit those documents for the prepaid verification. I was promised that this would be taken care of when I went to the gallery and submitted a second set of documents. These would work for the prepaid verification too and would be used for the prepaid-postpaid conversion as well.

Now these idiots have decided to block my gf's number because the verification documents are pending. The prepaid > postpaid conversion was done under my name, so I'd be getting the bill at my place. Bear in mind that I already have a postpaid Vodafone number and am receiving bills for it at the same address for the past year or so. They'd still like to verify the same address for the second number. No worries. But why the hell did the CS at Borivli Vodafone gallery promise us that the prepaid number would keep working all through the prepaid>postpaid conversion. So as of now, the prepaid number has stopped working because of invalid verification documents and the postpaid conversion isn't happening because the Vodafone people couldn't take the time to come and verify the billing address. *&^%ing *******s.

On calling the customer service, I was told that they couldn't do anything about it since it was a Sunday and therefore, I wouldn't be able to talk to my gf at all for 2 days, since this is the only number she had. The indifferent attitude was shocking, the cs rep wouldn't give me a timeframe less than 24 hours. Escalated the call to 2nd level support (floor supervisor "Sameer Khan". If you know him, please stab his face with a broken glass bottle) who was unwilling to do anything about it. &^%$ Vodafone.

Last edited by pranavt : 26th April 2009 at 12:27.
Old 26th April 2009, 12:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Guys stop dreaming about number portability. Its not going to happen anytime soon.

Airtel was one of the worst things that happened to me. And like most other sub-standard things... I got rid of it in 3 months. I'd rather live without a mobile rather than live with Airtel. I know a number change inconveniences people... but thats no excuse for patronising mediocrity.

Just jump on the best service provider. You can have better service RIGHT NOW... not tommorrow. Our ranting here is not going to make one bit of difference to Airtel, as long as you guys keep paying your bills and filling their coffers.

Leaving the service immediately is by far the best way to register your disgust.
Old 26th April 2009, 18:20   #79
BHPian

And who would you recommend as being so much better than Airtel, Raccoon?

I've just come across a new scam by Airtel-- this time in the DSL broadband department. A friend of mine just got a new connection and has exactly the same parameters as me (upto 256 kbps speed, unlimited usage)-- at Rs.650 a month compared with the Rs. 1200 (999+tax) I've been paying every month for the last two years.

What the?!

The customer care executive (in person) admitted that this practice is unethical and directed me to another customer care centre in Pitampura where I "can opt to shift to the cheaper plan."

I've been to that centre before for prior hassles; it's the one place where things actually get done. (If you live in North or Central Delhi and have severe problems with Airtel, you should go there.)

But why should I have to go? Why should Airtel not be liable to return with interest the excess they've been charging me since the plan my friend is on was introduced?

Customer care informs me that when the new plan was introduced, my connection speed "would have been upgraded to 384 kbps" or some such rot.

Without notice of such upgradation, that's completely irrelevant. I should have been given the option to choose faster speed or lesser money for my original speed.

I qualify as an advocate in a couple of months and I think my first action will be to sue Airtel... even if it's only in customer court!
Old 26th April 2009, 18:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Now these idiots have decided to block my gf's number because the verification documents are pending. The prepaid > postpaid conversion was done under my name, so I'd be getting the bill at my place. Bear in mind that I already have a postpaid Vodafone number and am receiving bills for it at the same address for the past year or so. They'd still like to verify the same address for the second number. No worries. But why the hell did the CS at Borivli Vodafone gallery promise us that the prepaid number would keep working all through the prepaid>postpaid conversion. So as of now, the prepaid number has stopped working because of invalid verification documents and the postpaid conversion isn't happening because the Vodafone people couldn't take the time to come and verify the billing address. *&^%ing *******s.

My first question to the Indian operators (all fo them are equally guilty of this) is WHY in the first place do you have to create a new account every time a customer purchases a new SIM? Why cant they simply authenticate the customer and add the IMSI to his existing account - that way the customer does not have to present documents all over again, these documents dont have to travel to and fro between different offices and then finally go to an external agent for verification.

I've had the exact same experience with AirTel - I went to take a second connection and I was asked to submit documents. Asked them why I should when you've just taken some requests on my existing line - just add the new number to the same account.

"Sir we cannot do that". I wonder why - because there is NO system restriction to doing so, all billing systems support multiple IMSIs in the same account - not just now but for over a dozen years now.

They insisted I had to go through the whole process, so I told them to take a walk - if I had to go through the same process, why should I take an AirTel line? Might as well have a second line from another operator...so I bought an Idea line.

There are so many other inefficiencies in the system. I wonder why though - license fees for billing systems are based either on number of accounts of number of calls, so if it is the former the operator ends up coughing out more money to each vendor of every little bit of software in the company to the vendor. In AirTel's case they probably pay per customer to IBM too.

Then they pay the agent for verification. Add to it the logistics cost of handling the document. The cost of document management & storage (which is probably per account too!!!).

It is very likely that the costs of all these transactions and licenses will never be recovered by the piddly ARPUs we generate per line.

Inefficiencies everywhere - in a country where there is over a dozen years of experience across so many operations.

Last edited by Steeroid : 26th April 2009 at 18:35.
Old 26th April 2009, 23:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
And who would you recommend as being so much better than Airtel, Raccoon?
I'v been with Reliance and BSNL then Airtel then Idea. I find Idea the best by far. Even Reliance is better than Airtel... much better. In fact anything is much better, even BSNL, as I said. If Airtel is the only choice, better to be without a phone.

Thats my experience in Poona/Maharashtra. It can/will of course vary circle wise... so no arguments about that.

Last edited by Raccoon : 26th April 2009 at 23:56.
Old 27th April 2009, 00:02   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Hey PatienceWins, Did you speak to the store manager or their escalation channel. If it still happened after that, I will say report that to TRAI. They would love to look at this.

I spoke to the store manager. How to escalate issues with airtel customer care?

I called the customer service sometime back to see if they can take up the request now. The customer care executive took down the details and said that the SIM would be blocked in another hour. It seems the system is up that they had anticipated.
Old 27th April 2009, 00:13   #83
BHPian

I am using airtel mobile and broadband for some time now & haven't faced any issues with the connection and the service.
Old 27th April 2009, 01:24   #84
BHPian

Its crazy.

I am in the US now, and wanted to surrender my post paid account.

An email wont do. A paper application wont do.

I absolutely need to submit the SIM to close that account.

I simply dont get it. I will have to courier it to them, or pay every month post paid!

Thats Airtel for you.
Old 27th April 2009, 01:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

^^^Lol! Why you getting bullied by them?!?!?! Just don't do anything then... tell them do whatever they want... you wont paying a dime. And beware, if you send them the SIM, they will very likely use it (maybe their employees do that... but thats not your problem) extensively and send you a big fat bill every month! This has actually happened to a friend of mine. He continued to get huge bills in spite of presonally surrendering his SIM and having the reciept too!
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:00   #86
BANNED

Hello,

This is to bring to your notice the pathetic Customer Service from AIRTEL.

April 2009 – My account is changed from 105-101345039 to 1007837109.

NOTE: Account change was not initiated by me but was told by AIRTEL that all the corporate accounts under that plan were changed.

This was intimated to me through a SMS on 10th June 1009. No hard copy was send to me.

When the change in account was done by AIRTEL, the ECS details for my account were not transferred to the new account. This was confirmed by the Customer Care Executive on calling 121.

May 2009 – I verify from my Bank that the ECS for the month of May has not been deducted for the month of April. I had to ask them to add the ECS details to the new account. Which they should have done when the account was changed.

They confirmed that the cumulative bill will be deducted from my account in the June ECS.

At this time I was told by AIRTEL that they will not disconnect my outgoing and I will continue to get the service as it was a mistake from their end. Fair enough.

June 2009 – I verify my Bank account details on the 10th of June and the ECS has not gone through. I call 121 again and ask for an answer.

The executive tells me that the ECS billing cycle has been updated only for 21 July 2009 Billing Cycle. No reasons why this is so. Now the bill has got 2 months backlog and still not paid.

I am assured by AIRTEL that my outgoing will not get barred. And I am able to use the service for whole of June 2009.

PLEASE NOTE: My service has not been affected as it was AIRTEL’s
mistake. 3 invoices not paid till June.

July 2009 – On 18th July 2009, my outgoing calls were barred by AIRTEL. No initial intimation was given before disconnecting.

I called 121 and asked to speak to a Manager.

Mr Bharat (no second name given) said he was the Manager and took up the case. I explained in detail quoting all the case numbers since May. He said he will look into it and call me back

He called back and apologized for the inconvenience caused and released my outgoing.

On 19th July, my outgoing calls were barred again. No intimation given.

I called 121 and asked to speak to Mr Bharat. I was told I will get a callback in 4 hours. Since it was a Sunday I had no issues.

Mr Bharat called and again apologized and committed that my outgoing calls would not get barred. On being asked to send a mail he rejected.

On 20th July, I get a call from Mr Bharat that I can be assured that my outgoing calls will not get barred and the bill will be deducted only by the August ECS.

On 22nd July, my calls again get barred. I call 121 and ask to speak to a Manager. My call is handed to Mary (again no second name given) another Manager. She goes through my case and releases my outgoing.

On 23rd July, my calls get barred again and this time when I call 121 an obnoxious Mr Johnson (no second name given) tells me my outgoing cannot be restored and he will even bar my incoming.

23rd July, I call the nodal officer number for Bangalore 9972534865 and speak to Vidya (no second name given) - Nodal Officer, Bangalore. She responds saying cannot see the case as the systems are down. So I explain the whole story again.

She says fine and agrees to invoke ECS right away. I ask her to give me time to confirm with my bank the balance on my account. She will call me in an hour.

Nobody calls. I call the number again and get connected to Vidya, and confirm they are good to take the ECS payment. She will confirm and give a call back by 16:00, but no call is received and I call the nodal officer number again. She now says she is on the matter and will call me before the office closes.

I have been paying through ECS for the past 3 years for this number and each payment has been done on time. Since I travel a fair bit I have
agreed to have this ECS facility for my number.

Now anyone here know any email addresses or phone numbers I can call to get this sorted immediately? I am ready to shoot out a mail to any higher ups to get this sorted.

Thanks in advance.
Spitfire.
Old 11th September 2009, 21:56   #87
Senior - BHPian

Airtel- unsolicited VAS sms from 290603

For several months Airtel has been sending me some VAS message daily for which it is charging Rs 3/- each SMS. This SMS comes as "Tip of the Day" and "Love Tip of the Day"- useless and irritating junks.

I complained sometime in June 2009 and it stopped for a while, but again, since last month it has started unsolicited. Now my prepaid balance due to this has turned negative Rs. -30/- w/o me making any calls/sms. It is a lifetime prepaid account- I use as a secondary phone w/o much outgoing calls.

121 helpline is useless- can't talk to a cust officer. Emails to 121 has also not helped. They have set replies.

If you google for "Airtel 290603 SMS" there are many hapless customers like me. But, none having a concrete solution yet.

What are my options? Does anyone know some higher up in Airtel- MH/Goa circle, email-id/contacts? Thanks for any pointers.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 11th September 2009 at 21:58.
Old 11th September 2009, 22:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

What are my options? Does anyone know some higher up in Airtel- MH/Goa circle, email-id/contacts? Thanks for any pointers.

-BJ
Look up the email id for the nodal officer for your area. Also cc the CEO of Airtel into this email.

Always worked for me. I will PM you the email id for the CEO.
Old 12th September 2009, 00:29   #89
Senior - BHPian

Well, me too! Just yesterday I got an SMS informing me that some Matrimonial service has been activated for free for a certain period. Which means I'd have to pay for it after that period. So clearly they activated a service totally without my consent. The message had some instructions about how to unsubscribe. IIRC TRAI rules do not allow operators to subscribe to any service without consent from the customer. Airtel is openly violating this rule. Why should i waste time in tedious unsubscribe procedures when I never subscribed to the service in the 1st place? In any case I stopped using Airtel as my primary phone long ago, after suffering in many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Look up the email id for the nodal officer for your area. Also cc the CEO of Airtel into this email.

Always worked for me. I will PM you the email id for the CEO.
Nodal officer or Appellate authority does not exist in Airtel. At least not for Mah circle. The phones are never answered and the emails only bring an auto response... never a reply. Its just a sham to show that the TRAI regulations are being met ...on paper.

Airtel is a FRAUD of the highest order in telecom.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:37   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
For several months ....-BJ
This is exactly the problem I am facing on my Airtel prepaid bombay number. But I called the Customer Care and they agreed to refund Rs.100. I am just waiting for the confimation regarding the same. Are you saying that they refused to refund the money?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks