Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Manjunathan - Modern Day Martyr

I did a search for Manjunathan at tbhp and it returned nothing, which is rather surprising given the fact how much we curse and spit at the amount of adulterations being done at the fuel pumps. Here was one person who was in a position to do something about that and went ahead with doing what he believed in. But sadly, he ended up paying for his honesty and dedication with his life.

This country needs more people like him.

A news article covering the incident

My deepest condolences to his family, alongwith utmost gratitude.

Regards
Amitoj

PS: Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

So much when you do something honestly!!! Where are we heading towards? I also remember another gentleman (I do not remember his name though) who lost his life in Bihar trying to uncover some irregularities in the golden quadrilateral project. We are loosing precious lives here just because they chose to be honest.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:07   #3
Team-BHP Support

Man, that is terrible. A person is shot for doing his job. For once I hope the justice system moves swiftly, however, I have this nasty feeling that the blame will be placed on someone else and the main culprits will get away.

What is happening in this country? Are we collectively going mad? Or was this always going on and its only now with the increase in media coverage, do incidents such as these become daily news these days.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:08   #4
BHPian

I guess the news was never publicised by the media. Unfortunately we all had been complaining about fuel adulteration and here is one man who had done the supreme sacrifice and his act goes unnoticed...

thanks Amitoj for bringing this to everyones notice. am sure Manjunath deserves a lot of respect for his deeds. Hope we can do something for his family.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:12   #5
BHPian

Dubey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
I also remember another gentleman (I do not remember his name though) who lost his life in Bihar trying to uncover some irregularities in the golden quadrilateral project.

His name was Satyendra Dubey. (Sorry if I got the spelling wrong). did you know that he was an IIT graduate ? Manju was a graduate of IIM..... guess this is what these guys get for ditching lucrative overseas jobs and join forces with the PSUs.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
So much when you do something honestly!!! Where are we heading towards? I also remember another gentleman (I do not remember his name though) who lost his life in Bihar trying to uncover some irregularities in the golden quadrilateral project. We are loosing precious lives here just because they chose to be honest.
Yeah Deepak. That happened barely a week after Manjunathan was shot.
Satyendra Dubey

Satyendra was responsible for getting some engineers suspended due to mishandling of funds on their part.

Manjunathan was from IIM Lucknow and Satyendra was an IIT Kanpur graduate. Its a sad loss when such bright minds are not allowed to flourish further.

Amitoj
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj

Manjunathan was from IIM Lucknow and Satyendra was an IIT Kanpur graduate. Its a sad loss when such bright minds are not allowed to flourish further.

Amitoj
Yes, Satyendra Dube it was.

No wonder we see all IIT and IIM graduates outside India. When some good people like the above examples try to add some value to things in India, they get a treatment like this.

We can take the example of our own rtech. He is still trying not to use any influence and is trying to approach thro' proper channels. Look at the way he is getting treated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks