Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2006, 18:51   #1
BHPian

Friends born from Wheels

As they say, the number of true friends one has in his life is the true measurement of how rich you really are. Come to think of it, I owe the car a big favor as I have made a number of friends due to it. There is a sort of instant lightening up of the eye when you find an equally interested car lover. You probably might not allow your wife to drive your precious vehicle but your car lover friend - YOU CAN TRUST, even though he will narrate stories to you off cornering at 120 kmph.

Icing on the cake is when you find a pretty lass who loves cars. I knew a girl who was completely crazy after driving. I met her for the first time when I had come to propose to my wife (another girl) from Delhi to Bombay. So it happens that this Car Lover Girl is very much with me in a borrowed car that I took to pick up my wife for the first time. This happens coz I offer to drop off the Car Lover girl enroute picking up my soon to be wife. It is only later that I realize that Car Lover girl's place of residence is after Wife's pick up point. What a situation!!! At the end I was chauffered by Car Lover Girl with my wife and me sitting at the back seat.

When I came to Hyderabad, I knew no one. Thanks to Mr. Raj Kapoor who modded my Car in Delhi, he put me onto a colleague of his who is into organizing Rallies. Through him I was introduced to Round Table and have made a number of friends there on.

So, Thank you, Car, for increasing my true wealth.

Would love to hear some more of such experiences from you guys...

Burjis
Old 4th January 2006, 19:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Two words. Team BHP.

Last edited by v1p3r : 4th January 2006 at 19:10.
Old 4th January 2006, 21:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hi Burjiis,

Nice writeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis
Would love to hear some more of such experiences from you guys...
So Many Friends, So Little Time

cya
R
Old 4th January 2006, 22:22   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis

When I came to Hyderabad, I knew no one. Thanks to Mr. Raj Kapoor who modded my Car in Delhi, he put me onto a colleague of his who is into organizing Rallies.
Burjis
So i hope you have good friends now in Hyd .. and i hope we too meet up very soon ... who is this guy you met in APMSC ??
Old 4th January 2006, 22:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Here is an account of my journey at Team BHP

My journey at Team BHP.. experience of a life time
Old 5th January 2006, 11:37   #6
BHPian

[SIZE=2]Read all your experiences at Team BHP by Dippy, Rehaan, Rudra...Wow. Would love to meet all you people and more. The last time I came to Bangalore, I went to the Science Center holding Mum's hands. I also did some boating and had lots of Egg Curry at the Parsi Dharamshala.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]But now that I have come to Hyderabad, I am definitely going to frequent Bangalore more often. Will let you know guys.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Haryan: I was introduced to Mr. Zayn Khan from APMSC.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Old 5th January 2006, 11:55   #7
BHPian

hey burjiis,
you a tabler..if so which table..iam a tabler as well from BART 140 in bangalore.
anoop
Old 5th January 2006, 13:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
hey burjiis,
you a tabler..if so which table..iam a tabler as well from BART 140 in bangalore.
anoop
I was kinda hoping that someone from the Tabling Community would be here. Our Table is called Hyderabad Deccan Round table (HDRT) and we have yet to receive a number as our charter is due on th 17th of March. We just had an inaugration on the 12th of December. I am pretty new to Tabling but am thorougly enjoying it. But ofcourse first love is anything to do with cars and I thank Team BHP for it.
Burjis
Old 5th January 2006, 13:43   #9
BHPian

well its cars for u...... and its bicycles for me...not really old enough to own a vechicle yet... so have biking friends....
Old 6th January 2006, 08:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Now, if only i can meet ur 'Car lover girl'. I'll write another heart warming post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks