Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 16:55   #136
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

As an aside, just wondering if there are any 'active' women tbhpians whose spouses aren't quite into it
Old 7th April 2011, 17:06   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
As an aside, just wondering if there are any 'active' women tbhpians whose spouses aren't quite into it
Me. I am not exactly very active. I have phases between work and home commitments where I am quite active, other times I do read a lot but don't post. Right now the pre-launch excitement of the new Fiesta is fueling the activity.

My husband drives very well. But sees a car as a medium of transport, nothing else. He was ok driving a very old Fiat for so many years till the floors gave away and it was taken over by stray dogs as their new abode. The local scrap vendor too had started helping himself to pieces of metal from wherever he could manage.

Hubby is very much at ease without power windows, power steering, wipers, aircon, dislodged speakers, scratches on the exteriors, dangling silencers, jammed doors, frayed footmats, dented bumpers etc. You get the picture, I hope. Is always asking me what the fuss is all about?

The neighborhood street dogs jump onto the bonnet of his car and then onto the roof for a better view of the block !!

Last edited by Sugeeta : 7th April 2011 at 17:13.
Sugeeta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2011, 18:26   #138
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
My husband drives very well. But sees a car as a medium of transport, nothing else. He was ok driving a very old Fiat for so many years till the floors gave away and it was taken over by stray dogs as their new abode. The local scrap vendor too had started helping himself to pieces of metal from wherever he could manage.

Hubby is very much at ease without power windows, power steering, wipers, aircon, dislodged speakers, scratches on the exteriors, dangling silencers, jammed doors, frayed footmats, dented bumpers etc. You get the picture, I hope. Is always asking me what the fuss is all about?

The neighborhood street dogs jump onto the bonnet of his car and then onto the roof for a better view of the block !!
Made my day. Thank you.
Old 7th April 2011, 19:28   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Presently in the 5th year of marriage, my wife used to be kind of suspicious (married guys will know) whenever i open my laptop.

Even before i became a member, seeing the TBHP site 99.9% of the times she is comfortable that it is "just" a harmless auto website & not something dangerous like a dating website/chat.

Oh man...that is such a relief..guess I am not the only guy with this problem!
Keeping this in mind, I always browse Team BHP during end of office hours. But just to be fair, it's because she wants to spend time with me and our daugther, no laptop or any other distraction!

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 7th April 2011 at 19:30.
Old 9th April 2011, 20:40   #140
BHPian

Quote:
After all 2 addicts is better than 1 addict.

Cheers.
Agree !! That is why I first put her onto golf and then Team Bhp....
Old 9th April 2011, 20:57   #141
Senior - BHPian

Hi, It is same here with me also, Whenever I am home and on my laptop every one right from my both sons ,my wife, my daughter in law are for sure and say "Papa come have dinner and give some rest to your Team Bhp". You can go back again to TBHP after food. I actually have to bribe them by taking my both sons and others to TBH meets, and also dinner or lunch to patch up yaar. so that there is no disturbance when I am surfing TBHP. hahahahahah.
Old 12th April 2011, 10:40   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Such a valid Topic, for many of us. I get threatened with Divorce every time my wife sees the Black Page up on my Mac. :-)
Thank god! I am not married yet!

P.S. I will marry one who has keen interest in automobiles . So, My problem solved!
Old 7th June 2011, 11:19   #143
BHPian

Quote:
We can also have a set called T-WAGS - Wives and Girlfriends of T-BHPians, just as we can classify another set of men as T-HABS - Husbands and Boyfriends of T-BHPians.
This absolutely is one gem of an idea! I suggest you suggest this at the T-bhp suggestion thread. Brilliant!
Old 9th June 2011, 16:55   #144
BHPian

got married about 2 months ago, and this is the topic that i really needed!!

the problem I am facing is that my wife has absolutely no interest in anything on wheels - all she can differentiate is the color and at times the size of the car. absolutely nothing else. to her bmw, audi, merc, laura, accord, blah and blah and blah are all the same and equally useless!
now how do i make her understand that being on the forum at times (trust me when I am home - it's at times only - maybe half an hour a day) is a necessity and not just mere tp.

can anyone help me here?
Old 10th June 2011, 02:44   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
got married about 2 months ago.....
trust me when I am home - it's at times only - maybe half an hour a day) is a necessity and not just mere tp.

can anyone help me here?
Congrats man

I'm not married. My fiancee let me free as of now (till marriage) and after that she fixed the timings for T-BHP, it is hardly 1 hour (or may be less than that) when she prepares the dinner, that too I should relocate to kitchen with laptop.
Old 10th June 2011, 17:03   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Congrats man

I'm not married. My fiancee let me free as of now (till marriage) and after that she fixed the timings for T-BHP, it is hardly 1 hour (or may be less than that) when she prepares the dinner, that too I should relocate to kitchen with laptop.
Before marriage you can pretty much do what you want.
after marriage the rules change. Your wife is your boss at home ~ well as far as team-BHP is concerned. So i am not surprised that your fiancee has fixed a certain amount of time and that amount of time only, and nothing more than that.

Now coming to how to explain to your wife how Team-BHP is not just a past time. Well simple just make her understand it's not mere chatting here. It's a social service too. We help one another and learn a lot from each other too. it's fantastic forum where we not only cover cars but various other subjects too.
Point her towards the travelogues and other fantastic threads i am sure she would love them, and probably start surfing team-bhp too.
Now that would be awesome wouldn't it
Good luck!
Old 10th June 2011, 17:51   #147
Senior - BHPian

My brother's left side RVM was broken in a small accident. I was driving it the next day and was finding it difficult to navigate between lanes without the mirror.

My wife: Team-BHP has spoiled you
Old 6th July 2011, 15:00   #148
BHPian

I am probably of the luckier few. My wife has come to terms with the fact that she could not get the love for automobiles out of me, so she's taken up loving cars too.
Old 6th July 2011, 15:20   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
can anyone help me here?
Apart from the travelogues bit, you can also:
Step 1. Plan to buy some accessories for your car and check/ compare prices using tbhp.
Step 2. Discreetly mention the plan. The amount you mention here should be around 1.5x or 2x the amount you know you will spend
Step 3. Browse through tbhp for some days
Step 4. Announce that tbhp recommendations have saved you x money
Step 5. Use the money you "saved" to buy her something she wanted to buy

Disclaimer: Experiments have been conducted in a controlled environment and I am not to be held responsible if things go awry in your lab!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 17:56   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Apart from the travelogues bit, you can also:
Step 1. Plan to buy some accessories for your car and check/ compare prices using tbhp.
Step 2. Discreetly mention the plan. The amount you mention here should be around 1.5x or 2x the amount you know you will spend
Step 3. Browse through tbhp for some days
Step 4. Announce that tbhp recommendations have saved you x money
Step 5. Use the money you "saved" to buy her something she wanted to buy

Disclaimer: Experiments have been conducted in a controlled environment and I am not to be held responsible if things go awry in your lab!

Dear Friend, I must warn you that women are quite intutive. She will soon figure out things for herself. You can validate this in your lab.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks