Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 22:46   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Dear Friend, I must warn you that women are quite intutive. She will soon figure out things for herself. You can validate this in your lab.
I agree.
Beware!
though selfdrive's plan is fantastic, i am going to remember this, am sure it will come handy sometime.
Also some good news to share.
Today ~ 6th of July 2011. Yep that's today. is a very memorable day.
My wife actually started speaking to me about cars again. and she is slowly narrowing down on a small hatch to potter around in the city.
I'm Ecstatic!
Old 6th July 2011, 23:33   #152
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Also some good news to share.
Today ~ 6th of July 2011. Yep that's today. is a very memorable day.
My wife actually started speaking to me about cars again. and she is slowly narrowing down on a small hatch to potter around in the city.
I'm Ecstatic!
Wow, you lucky man. Whenever my wife talks about a car for her, it is usually trouble time.
Old 7th July 2011, 10:33   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friend, I must warn you that women are quite intutive. She will soon figure out things for herself. You can validate this in your lab
As the sole resident lab rat, while still running on my treadmill; I can confirm nothing untoward has happened since. I guess this is the first time that this rat has tried some experiment, and I am working hard to ensure it wont be the last either! I am aware the consequences can be dire; hence I am more alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I agree. Beware!
though selfdrive's plan is fantastic, i am going to remember this, am sure it will come handy sometime.
Also some good news to share. Today ~ 6th of July 2011. Yep that's today. is a very memorable day. My wife actually started speaking to me about cars again. and she is slowly narrowing down on a small hatch to potter around in the city.
Hearty congrats mdsaab! Take this opportunity to show some ownership and comparo threads on hatchbacks here on tbhp. I am sure it will be addictive enough to initiate discussions on this topic.
Let me know if you need either of my hatchbacks to drive around for a while

Last edited by selfdrive : 7th July 2011 at 10:36.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:52   #154
Senior - BHPian

alrighty, i join the band wagon too! my wife ain't too happy about Team-BHP.

these are the kind of responses i get when i'm:
* taking pictures of bad drivers/ cops/ something weird/ pedestrians on the road - you're wasting your time!
* spotting other team-bhpains on the road - you're nuts!
* browsing on my laptop after office hours (she knows i'm on Team-BHP) - your office hours are over, close the laptop!

simply put, she's not too happy about me spending time with Team-BHP. this is the reason why i got Android installed on my phone so that i could get the Team-BHP app. now at least i can browse peacefully under the pretext of going to loo!

i'm slowly and steadily trying to convert her though. first step, take her along to a Team-BHP meet (check). i've already put her on the Team-BHPians and their pets thread (check). have to find more threads that might be of interest to her (WIP). i hope in the end the tables don't turn on me a.k.a me having to tell me wife to stop browsing Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
As the sole resident lab rat, while still running on my treadmill; I can confirm nothing untoward has happened since. I guess this is the first time that this rat has tried some experiment, and I am working hard to ensure it wont be the last either! I am aware the consequences can be dire; hence I am more alert
ROFL!! dude, do be careful; be alert - you never know, the enemy might be lurking just around the corner
Old 7th July 2011, 16:05   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
alrighty, i join the band wagon too! my wife ain't too happy about Team-BHP.

* taking pictures of bad drivers/ cops/ something weird/ pedestrians on the road - you're wasting your time!
* browsing on my laptop after office hours (she knows i'm on Team-BHP) - your office hours are over, close the laptop!

simply put, she's not too happy about me spending time with Team-BHP. this is the reason why i got Android installed on my phone so that i could get the Team-BHP app. now at least i can browse peacefully under the pretext of going to loo!

i'm slowly and steadily trying to convert her though. first step, take her along to a Team-BHP meet (check). i've already put her on the Team-BHPians and their pets thread (check). have to find more threads that might be of interest to her (WIP). i hope in the end the tables don't turn on me a.k.a me having to tell me wife to stop browsing Team-BHP

ROFL!! dude, do be careful; be alert - you never know, the enemy might be lurking just around the corner
LOL. This thread is soo funny altogether ! What if the subject being discussed becomes a member and lands on this thread only to find your earlier posts about your tips,tricks and antics to fool your wives so that you could be on Team-BHP or convert your better half into a BHPian ?
Old 7th July 2011, 16:10   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
LOL. This thread is soo funny altogether ! What if the subject being discussed becomes a member and lands on this thread only to find your earlier posts about your tips,tricks and antics to fool your wives so that you could be on Team-BHP or convert your better half into a BHPian ?
that's exactly the situation what the Hollywood directors have been making movies about:
- End of days
- The day the Earth stood still
- The day after tomorrow

plus, if discovered i'll tender my resignation from Team-BHP and forever wash dishes after dinner

PS: is there a facility to hide this thread from prying eyes?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 7th July 2011 at 16:11.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 16:58   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
LOL. This thread is soo funny altogether ! What if the subject being discussed becomes a member and lands on this thread only to find your earlier posts about your tips,tricks and antics to fool your wives so that you could be on Team-BHP or convert your better half into a BHPian?
True theory guys! Time to put this up:
"If you do see this, keep in mind this was with the sole noble intention of getting you to allow some time and effort to tbhp. Again, I know that the problem is not what I did, but how I put it across.
So again, it was not me; these guys here incited me to do it."

That wont work, didnt work even when my 5 year old son used it a couple of years ago. Let me try this:
"I only meant it in humour"

Naah, that wont work either. I never found a way to answer the 'how' part.
Sugeeta; can you help?

Last edited by selfdrive : 7th July 2011 at 17:00.
Old 7th July 2011, 18:06   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
True theory guys! Time to put this up:
"If you do see this, keep in mind this was with the sole noble intention of getting you to allow some time and effort to tbhp. Again, I know that the problem is not what I did, but how I put it across.
So again, it was not me; these guys here incited me to do it."

That wont work, didnt work even when my 5 year old son used it a couple of years ago. Let me try this:
"I only meant it in humour"

Naah, that wont work either. I never found a way to answer the 'how' part.
Sugeeta; can you help?

Now I am seriously laughing !!

Step 1 : Get the missus a good car
Step 2 : Organise a fun picnic with a some offroading experience
Step 3 : Repeat every alternate weekend (bribe the kids & maid if you have to)
Step 4 : Missus gets addicted to offroading / cars
Step 5 : Discuss stuff inside the car that makes life comfy
Step 6 : Discuss stuff outside the car like wheels, alloys, paints, denting, painiting etc. (encourage her to read)
Step 7 : Move to more serious stuff like suspension, tuning, fuel
Step 8 : Let her implement what she has read
Step 9 : Now graduate to microprocessors & microcontrollers and other tech. stuff
Step 10 : Organise a ladies only rally

Finally : Mission accomplished....Lady of the House behind the wheels....she walks, talks, eats, breathes and lives cars.

Now, she joins T-BHP (it is inevitable), comes across this thread (it is inevitable), then :

1. She does not know your handle on T-BHP - If you are lucky (heave a sigh of relief!!)
2. She knows you handle on T-BHP - If you are unlucky (run, run, run for your life)

She will be angry for 2 days, then she will be fine. But you have converted her to a T-BHP addict. Victory !!

(This is a goofy post. Please do not take offense. I am sharing it with my husband later in the evening. He has declared he does not want a car in his life).

To add my woes, following is a sample conversation between my husband and me :

Hubby : Why do you need cars all the time?
Me : Well...I Loooove cars
Hubby : Why can you not use the Metro ?
Me : Will have to change 3 each way to and from office
Hubby : You will feel healthier
Me : I have to lug a laptop and a couple of files....I will also lose weight which I have so painstakingly managed to put on finally (this is a fact!!)
Hubby : Well, why do you need to be on automotive sites all the remaining time. The girl (daughter) is also getting affected. I fear she will choose a car mechanic for a husband eventually
Me : Well....her choice. Who are we to comment?
Hubby : And the boys will end up working at fuel stations so that they get to ogle at the fancy machines.
Me : Now this is nasty!!
Hubby : I suspect you might be getting another car
Me : (Yikes!!) How did he guess? Has he got a detective to track me or what?
Hubby : I suspect it might be another Ford
Me : (He must have consulted a psychic) I am speechless !!
Hubby : (The businessman in him taking over) I suggest you start a cab service.
Me : WHAT? That is not what my beloved cars are for?

Some people just do not understand...

Last edited by Sugeeta : 7th July 2011 at 18:31.
Sugeeta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 18:23   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is this Hyderabadi movie called Angrez. Somehow this post reminds me of Salim Pheku and cant help but ask "After dreaming all this when did you wake up?"

But seriously, this thread and specially this page made me chuckle which otherwise is only possible with a P G Wodehouse!!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 18:37   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
There is this Hyderabadi movie called Angrez. Somehow this post reminds me of Salim Pheku and cant help but ask "After dreaming all this when did you wake up?"

But seriously, this thread and specially this page made me chuckle which otherwise is only possible with a P G Wodehouse!!

Thankyou sir. But comparing me with Salim Pheku (whoever he is) did put me off!!.

I did not dream of all this. My better half has NO interest in cars. So I can relate to these gentlemen. Read the 2nd part of my post.

@mdsaab; This is becoming one funny thread.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 7th July 2011 at 18:42.
Old 7th July 2011, 18:42   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thankyou sir. But comparing me with Salim Pheku (whoever he is) did put me off!!.

I did not dream of all this. My betetr half has NO interest in cars. So I can relate to these gentlemen. Read the 2nd part of my post.
No Madam, I dint mean to demean you. Nor am I comparing with Salim Pheku (I know the name is a put off, but the character is comic). The conversation just reminded me of that character and be rest assured there is a lot of difference between comparing you to the character and your conversation to the character.

To cut the long story short, it was my way of telling you that your post was funny. And that is a compliment. So have a nice evening

Edit: Sugeeta, as the name would suggest(unlike vina) is not sir, as confirmed by her below :P

Last edited by anilisanil : 7th July 2011 at 18:50.
Old 7th July 2011, 18:43   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You got a sensible wife!
On #1, maybe she is worried that taking pictures while driving / riding is a safety issue. Alternate option is to get her behind the wheels, so that you can do all the photo clicking.
On #2, never agrue with a woman. So agree on what she said
On #3, couple of options – do a Team-BHP hour every day, or reach office an hour early.

Quote:
Step 1 : Get the missus a good car
Step 2 : Organise a fun picnic with a some offroading experience
Step 3 : Repeat every alternate weekend (bribe the kids & maid if you have to)
Step 5 : Discuss stuff inside the car that makes life comfy
Step 6 : Discuss stuff outside the car like wheels, alloys, paints, denting, painiting etc. (encourage her to read)
Step 7 : Move to more serious stuff like suspension, tuning, fuel
Step 8 : Let her implement what she has read
Step 9 : Now graduate to microprocessors & microcontrollers and other tech. stuff

Finally : Mission accomplished....Lady of the House behind the wheels....she walks, talks, eats, breathes and lives cars.

Now, she joins T-BHP (it is inevitable), comes across this thread (it is inevitable), then :

1. She does not know your handle on T-BHP - If you are lucky (heave a sigh of relief!!)
2. She knows you handle on T-BHP - If you are unlucky (run, run, run for your life)

She will be angry for 2 days, then she will be fine. But you have converted her to a T-BHP addict. Victory !!

(This is a goofy post. Please do not take offense. I am sharing it with my husband later in the evening. He has declared he does not want a car in his life).
Good one Sugeeta. I think if step 1 is successful, rest of the steps will get aligned pretty easily.
My wife is quite ok with Team-bhp. And she kind of listen to some of the discussion points we have. And then I have my 3 year old girl who is a big fan of cars. She can identify almost cars (from TATA to Aston Martin) by looking at the logo/grill. So currently, we are in majority!
Old 7th July 2011, 18:47   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
No sir, I dint mean to demean you. Nor am I comparing with Salim Pheku (I know the name is a put off, but the character is comic). The conversation just reminded me of that character and be rest assured there is a lot of difference between comparing you to the character and your conversation to the character.

To cut the long story short, it was my way of telling you that your post was funny. And that is a compliment. So have a nice evening
Thanks anilisanil. No offense taken.

And, this is not sir.

Cheers
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 20:55   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
You got a sensible wife!
On #1, maybe she is worried that taking pictures while driving / riding is a safety issue. Alternate option is to get her behind the wheels, so that you can do all the photo clicking.
On #2, never agrue with a woman. So agree on what she said
On #3, couple of options – do a Team-BHP hour every day, or reach office an hour early.
appreciate your post, however my post was meant in light humour, with a pinch of salt so to speak; not to make logical deductions out of it
Old 8th July 2011, 06:59   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
appreciate your post, however my post was meant in light humour, with a pinch of salt so to speak; not to make logical deductions out of it
Oh even my comments were in a light vein, and no logical deductions whatsoever. Apologies if it did not appear that way

OT: Do you still have the KB125 with you?

Most Viewed