Old 15th April 2014, 18:12   #226

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Honey, I am looking at this section:
Here is another life saver; http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...riences-8.html

Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
my wife is a fellow Team-bhpian.
Are there any consequences after disagreeing with her on the forum?

Thankfully, none of our wives/ girlfriends/ fiancee have nagged us for placing a sticker on our rides about our marital status in order to compete with tbhp.

AD
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:02   #227

To all my folks!

At present I am in Mumbai (my future sasuraal)

I came to meet my special one today and as it's imperative of me to log on to our forum, hence she instead of being sarcastic and angry my special one snatched my laptop to see after all what tbhp is all about. With fear and anxiety (as I am about to go for lunch) I gave it to her and off line she has browsed on threads of traveling to Mangalore and tastefully modified cars (utterly disgusted with my choice of cars) and off-course my Honda City review thread.

She has shown interest in reading the forum but as soon as I showed her my post in this thread regarding the relationship-agreement it was a changed picture for me. With a evil smile my pocket has been burnt for our dinner today already at my hotel.

Further to this, she has warned me to show how the Volcanic Eruptions will be faced by me in future. Add to this, my mom agreed to my fiancee's logic (but wives and logic?).

Can't help! But I quoted her a famous dialogue before I am thrown out.

"Mae Team-bhp chorh du, yeh ho nahi sakta aur Mere laptop pe se team bhp ka sticker hat jaye..yeh mae hone nahi dunga"

(My leaving team bhp is not going to happen and removing the tbhp sticker from my laptop is something I won't let it happen).

Moral: Never browse team-bhp in front of a Hitler better half! Period!

Old 27th July 2014, 01:56   #228

you do realise she will read this thread too right
Old 27th July 2014, 03:33   #229

Having a FIL who is interested in cars and knows a great deal about TBHP does actually help my case.

Apart from an occasional sigh, my wife is cool with my time on TBHP. She is as excited about a road trip to Ladakh as I am.
Old 27th July 2014, 22:34   #230

Originally Posted by kippu View Post
you do realise she will read this thread too right
Yaar, I can't help it now. Hiding the true feelings is next to impossible from the wives and fiancee. She well knows the passwords of my laptop and knows how to browse this forum.

If not for anything else, this thread will be regularly checked by her. But till she is not calling me to shout about my bravery over here I am fine. I will make sure that her membership may not be approved if she applies for one. After all, I am being a man yaar. I am not scared of her!

All thanks to @mdsaab for coming up with thread that shows the plight of bhpian husbands!

Old 27th July 2014, 23:26   #231

My Team Bhp sticker set was gifted to me from my wife.
Old 12th August 2014, 01:16   #232

Folks! If you want to ruin your sleep, log on to Team Bhp when your wife pretends to sleep but not sleeping actually. Now my agony begins, late at night!

My special one arrived today evening at 9pm and landed at my home at 10:30pm. She will go back tomorrow evening but till then I am warned to stay away from here or she will stay back till independence day. I thought even our country had its freedom why can't I?

Why do wives get so paranoid only on Team Bhp is something I don't understand. Do we men ever get paranoid over their choices of relaxation?

Anyways bye, my sleep is ruined!

Old 12th August 2014, 05:38   #233

Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Why do wives get so paranoid only on Team Bhp is something I don't understand. Do we men ever get paranoid over their choices of relaxation?
Like them watching all those soaps ? Never !
Old 12th August 2014, 09:41   #234

And when they start imagining their own life to be one such soap... high voltage drama and repeat telecasts start in real life... I sometimes think that it's these soaps that are hugely responsible for that radical change in wives mindset and thought process, more than any other factor.
Old 12th August 2014, 10:02   #235

Mine watches soaps and made me watch too a couple of times but I managed to escape. However, paid a heavy price later on!

Originally Posted by yo222 View Post
And when they start imagining their own life to be one such soap... high voltage drama and repeat telecasts start in real life... I sometimes think that it's these soaps that are hugely responsible for that radical change in wives mindset and thought process, more than any other factor.
Very true, their mind is tuned with emotions of the tele-soap actors. If Mihir is portrayed as an ideal husband in a certain soap then the credit goes to the writer and wives should not start thinking of us to become Mihir.

I really wish our wives/ girlfriends/ fiancees should be housed in one apartment and they can enjoy their modes of relaxation without keeping an eye on us browsing team bhp!

Last edited by ad3952n : 12th August 2014 at 10:17. Reason: punctuation
Old 20th August 2014, 11:34   #236

Well, we have different scenario at home.

Wifey does not have any objection about time I spend here, her concern is about a complete different thing.

We share a common laptop at home. I use it mostly for FB & T-BHP while she uses it for online shopping.

Now as per her (which is true till some extent), she always sees advertisements related to cars, accessories, engine oils etc. on other sites she visits and the reason behind it is 'My' browsing history

And because of these 'automobile' advertisements, she is missing on the ads related to her area of interest (read it as jewelry, costume, household, entertainment etc)

All hail Team-BHP.
Hrishi_111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 13:15   #237

Originally Posted by Hrishi_111 View Post
Well, we have different scenario at home.

Wifey does not have any objection about time I spend here, her concern is about a complete different thing.

We share a common laptop at home. I use it mostly for FB & T-BHP while she uses it for online shopping.

Now as per her (which is true till some extent), she always sees advertisements related to cars, accessories, engine oils etc. on other sites she visits and the reason behind it is 'My' browsing history

And because of these 'automobile' advertisements, she is missing on the ads related to her area of interest (read it as jewelry, costume, household, entertainment etc)

All hail Team-BHP.
You could always get her a tab or get yourself one.