Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 18:21   #31
BHPian

There is a terminology called GOLF WIDOWS, ie wives of Golfers.

May be there be plenty of Team-Bhp widows out here!

My wife has not complained yet...she plays GOLF !

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I'm also single but I'm lucky to have a girl who aspires to go biking to the Nubra Valley.
Impressed ! My wife and I rode on a Bajaj Avenger to Ladakh !! And she did that ride when she had graduted to a Grand Mom !

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2011 at 19:41. Reason: back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 25th February 2011, 19:39   #32
BHPian

re: Team-BHP and our wives

The Protests from my wife has reached to such levels, that these days i am locking myself in a room and quickly checking T-BHP at home.

This way, I am also staying safe distance away from those highly addictive (also read as grey matter dissolving) TV serials that are aired during prime time.

She however doesn't complain when i am searching / going through the travelouges section, making the plan for our next weekend getaway.

She is even strictly against me sticking a TBHP sticker on the car. . I am secretly praying that she somehow magically develops a liking for TBHP.
Old 25th February 2011, 19:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Safest method: complete all outstanding requests till she herself says "You must be tired - relax and browse TBHP" . Then there are no interruptions.

This is what I do as well! It works every time. However, My little angel is taking up most of my time nowadays and team-bhp is just in office, while traveling and after everyone is asleep at home!
Old 25th February 2011, 20:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

She doesn't mind because it's nothing compared to the time I spend on Facebook
Old 25th February 2011, 20:38   #35
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Impressed ! My wife and I rode on a Bajaj Avenger to Ladakh !! And she did that ride when she had graduted to a Grand Mom !
That is incredible. On reading this, just one word comes to the mind, RESPECT. I really wish to do something similar soon !!
Old 25th February 2011, 21:19   #36
dot
Senior - BHPian

What an important thread.
My wife usually finds some "very important" tasks for me whenever she sees me browsing TBHP. Like, just five minutes back, order came to clear up the dining table where only two empty dishes and a spoon were waiting. Or sometimes suddenly my four year old son's hands would need washing. Etc.

@Ajmat, thanks for the post. Since they know each other, I will show it to her and hopefully things will improve.

Last edited by dot : 25th February 2011 at 21:20.
Old 25th February 2011, 22:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Mine got used to it. lolz

She didn't even mind when i stick a bhp sticker on her car.
Guess which one.??
Old 26th February 2011, 01:06   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, mine gets really pissed each time she sees the "black screen" in my lap.

but, deep down she is quite supportive. Seeing my anxiety upon spotting a tbhp sticker'd cars, these days she does it for me.

Now, she is at my in-laws, and this conversation took place yesterday tru phone:

She: How is tbhp?
Me: Going OK.
She: Please have food in time, and then only go back to tbhp.
Me: Yes.
She: You will not miss me, because you got tbhp na?.
Me: ... No.. no.. I do miss you, Honey. Really!!..
Old 26th February 2011, 01:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

This thread is turning out into a laugh riot. Am enjoying every minute of it laughing out loud, albeit quietly its quarter to two in the morning you know.

So i use to access t-bhp from the loo only every morning.
Or i use to access t-bhp late in the night once everyone is asleep.
But after this thread. Things have changed and wifey understands that i need an outlet for my automotive passion. And t-bhp is a safe, unbiased, friendly environment to share that passion. Kudos to all you guys for making t-bhp what it is today.

@DerAlte tried what you suggested today and it worked like a charm. She did say you must be tired take a break, just the browse team bhp part wasnt quite there yet, but who knows maybe sometime in the near future. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 26th February 2011, 02:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
So i use to access t-bhp from the loo only every morning.
...... i need an outlet for my automotive passion.

Okay, no offense meant, just meant that as a joke. But just couldnt control myself.
mdsaab, you can report this post and have it deleted if you want.

Anyways, I am single, as of now, and I wonder if there is any way that we can get spouses (future, in my case) to join tbhp , just so that they understand what we are on about.
I doubt though the existence of a predominantly female interest oriented forum which keeps them hooked and we can offer to join in return.
Old 26th February 2011, 02:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

You kidding me, why would i want to get your post deleted. It adds to the laugh riot posted by all of us. I actually laughed out quite loudly(couldnt control myself) on reading your post. And now its quarter to three. Glad i didnt wake anyone up though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Okay, no offense meant, just meant that as a joke. But just couldnt control myself.
mdsaab, you can report this post and have it deleted if you want.

Anyways, I am single, as of now, and I wonder if there is any way that we can get spouses (future, in my case) to join tbhp , just so that they understand what we are on about.
I doubt though the existence of a predominantly female interest oriented forum which keeps them hooked and we can offer to join in return.
Old 26th February 2011, 12:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Mine got used to it. lolz

She didn't even mind when i stick a bhp sticker on her car.
Its the same here!
In fact, went a step ahead and gave a choice of the sticker to her!
Old 26th February 2011, 17:27   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome thread. Trust mdsaab to come up with this!

My better half doesn't mind the TBHP surfing so much- in fact, after the loss of our VW logos we had some unexpected kindnesses bestowed on us by TBHPians so she now views it as a positive force! Also, she is always encouraging me to write so it pleases her that I get at least some kind of creative outlet here.

But yeah- my newfound addiction for Discovery Turbo is not helping things! The other day I got off the net and switched on the TV idly surfing till I hit Wheeler Dealers. The missus walks in, glares at me and goes, when you're online you're looking at cars and now on TV you're looking at cars

Wimmin!
Old 26th February 2011, 18:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

I've been told that if I had the same passion and time commitment for exercising and working out in my free time, I would have a body like Schwarzenegger by now.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th February 2011 at 23:22.
Old 26th February 2011, 20:21   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

My better half is more than supportive of my TBHP hobby as with my other hobbies including the golfing bit. All I can say is that Im happy for that support.

Most Viewed