Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 15:31   #46
BHPian

re: Team-BHP and our wives

Would be interesting to know if there are any couples who are both active on t-bhp
anyone?
Old 28th February 2011, 15:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Would be interesting to know if there are any couples who are both active on t-bhp
anyone?
Well my wife is atleast active on the meets part. Online on the forum, not so much
Old 28th February 2011, 16:47   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
anyone?
Hopefully my better half would be in shortly.
Old 2nd March 2011, 00:29   #49
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

Strange! My wife never says a word as long as I give her enough space too in our relationship. The minute I pass a comment on anything that I don't like she does and there comes an answer right on my soft spot that she doesn't interfere with what I like doing or am passionate about.

Overall she is supportive of my activitieson T-BHP

Yikes!
Old 2nd March 2011, 00:42   #50
BHPian

Wow, What Timing...

Over the last few months, a statement I hear my wife saying to most of her friends is "He is Married to Team-Bhp"

Was recently in a gathering with some of her team members and discussing automobiles and one of the guys said...do u know of this website "some" bhp.com.

Bad Boy took offence and said It is "TEAM" BHP.com and you get to register only if you are worthy of it...and yet again came the statement "Ya, Thats his first wife"
Old 2nd March 2011, 01:47   #51
BHPian

My better half thinks iam in safe hands as long its team-bhp. She lets me sit through the night as long as iam not stuck to any other unwanted sites.
In fact a big thanks to her.
Old 2nd March 2011, 08:40   #52
BHPian

Folks,
My better half is indifferent , but when it comes to anything concerning cars she often asks me to see reviews from "that" website which as per her are quite good. So although indifferent she is attentive to the reviews that are written and user experiences also.
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:13   #53
BHPian

Initially, my wife was dead against spending so much time glued to the site (I was a non-member reader for a long time). When shown that the site covers other topics especially travelogues etc, she has taken charge of researching routes for our trips, hotels for stay etc.

Score 1 for TBHP.

Son is hooked in a different way, he is always on the lookout for other vehicles sporting TBHP stickers.
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:15   #54
Senior - BHPian

Well my wife is not active on the forum yet, hope she does sign up someday. But she definately is active on this thread, reading all your posts. So atleast we share one thread hosted by team-bhp. And thats a step in he right direction. Yipee!
Quote:
anyone?
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:48   #55
BHPian

Well i usually access Team BHP from my office. So wifey has no reason to complain.

But my team bhp addiction is well documented in my office. Whenever i go into my Team BHP "solitude" throes the whole room comes to know about it and jibes me to no end on it.

But everyone tolerates it because any discussion automotive comes i am able to give out advice and offer solutions.
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:54   #56
BHPian

Besides the team-bhp, I have the Bangalore Bikers Club | Google Groups. Every now and then I would talk about the tuning chips, upgrades I need on my rims and tyres, blah blah!! Then I would talk what bicycle is suitable for my next 400 Km and 600 Km rides, how I want to assemble a wheel, etc. etc.

It is tough to stay away from addictions LOL
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:17   #57

Being a newbie, wify is yet to realise the pitfalls of being a T-BHPian wife in terms of obvious diversion of time spent on this forum. Before she gets a feeling that "its her time" which is taken, will need to make it up - by devoting enough time to her. In the end its all about "not compromising" the precious time of hers. I hope that would rest the case amicably.
Interestingly, she was quite receptive and accomodative about me attending my first drive meet last sunday. In fact a little more coaxing would have even made her join up the meet. But then I think she is adopting a wait n watch policy, trying to figure out whats in store next. So far mixed but subdued reactions from wify. Shall I say, So far so GOOD !
Cheers!
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:46   #58
BHPian

Well... I am a lucky one as i am the boss of my company... so no hassels - teambhp is widely surfed and thoroughly read. Mostly, i take overdose in day time and by evening all my itch is gone and i am totally for my family.

My wife, however, is well aware of teambhp and knows that her 'gorgeous' Jazz X is the outcome of teambhp forum. I have decked up her car with teambhp stickers too.

Both of us have respect for this forum .

Last edited by Devrishi : 2nd March 2011 at 11:51. Reason: spelling
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:48   #59
BHPian

What a relevant topic! Good to see that i am not alone. We are married for a year now. (i meant my wife.. not tbhp )

First to 3rd Month: She didn't mind
4th - 6th Month: A cold stare
7th - 9th Month: She started advising not to spoil my health as i keep staring the monitor day in and day out. (as a softi, i have to keep staring the monitors at office)

couple of months back: She broke down. Then we talked out. She understands my interests, but when it comes to eating up her valuable time she gets upset. So i have restricted my team-bhp browsing only during office hours.

She often comes up with the question: "Who do you love the most, me or car?". There i go blank :|
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:14   #60
BHPian

No problems in our case since "wifey", i.e. me, is the TBHP addict. Hubby has no problem at all with my addiction. Himself a car lover, he knew about my weakness for cars when he dated me and is perfectly at ease with it. When workload at office increases or when commitments at home do not permit me to access TBHP regularly, Ms. Blackberry is the aid I resort to.

My elder daughter is another TBHP addict in the making. My youngest son was always a car fanatic.

We are a happy TBHP family.

I hope and pray that my company would start working on integrated SoC semiconductor solutions for cars rather than telecommunications.

Most Viewed