Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2011, 22:10   #91
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

This is an awesome thread. Loved every single moment of it. I guess the only easy way is to take your wify out for a great trip with all info from T BHP.

Thumbs up to the cruiser bike with a backrest concept as well.

Dear future wife.

A big sorry in advance to the numerous troubles I will be giving you. Please understand !!
Old 4th March 2011, 22:49   #92
Senior - BHPian

The best way to get the wives tolerate and perhaps even love Team-Bhp is to help them to become better drivers and also help them to enjoy their driving. This means each of us may have to take care of things that they normally take care when we go on drives and also be able to give up driving sometimes. Also taking the family on outings (where the family drives to the destination) and team-bhp meets will also definitely help.
Old 5th March 2011, 11:19   #93
BHPian

Married for 6 months and wife has started noticing my TBHP addiction, "you have one bad habit - not talking to me but browsing cars on this website". Soon she realized the quality of work done in TBHP. So, now she understands and at least stopped complaining.

At work, the one site I browse - TBHP. In fact sometime back my previous boss inquired about two things - the Dilbert poster in my cubicle and TBHP. Well, he understood both, he being a good boss and a petrol-head himself.

In my college (MBA) my colleagues and Professors ask me about TBHP and decided I would never change.

Wherever I go, TBHP follows me, or rather I follow TBHP.

P.S: Only god knows how many wives are reading this thread. Solution to wifey problem - a pink themed TBHP What say?

Last edited by BusyBoyKK : 5th March 2011 at 11:21.
Old 6th March 2011, 11:37   #94
Senior - BHPian

Just a little heads up for all the husbands out there. 8th March is women's day. So dont forget to make her feel special, also dont forget to show her this thread. Trust me it helps. Drive safe!
Old 6th March 2011, 14:15   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Hi Anjali, welcome to the forum. Good to see the number of women motoring enthusiasts increasing gradually.
Thanx...Hope to see more of the sorority

Quote:
Originally Posted by scphanse View Post
Hi Anjali,
Welcome to T-BHP. Good to see ladies so passionate about Automobiles.
How did you get initiated into this world? Am working on getting my daughters initiated too. Ulterior Motive being Ill get to spend more time with T-BHP and arounc Automobiles....

I was offered a chance to write about cars part time. I took it up just for the pocket money but now im hooked and would hopefully be on the auto beat of a business daily soon.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 6th March 2011 at 23:35. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 6th March 2011, 17:22   #96
Team-BHP Support

Very relevant thread!
My wife was initially asking "what is this bhp thing all about?"
But now it looks like she is quite used to it, and have at times started enquiring about the happenings in the forum. Good progress indeed!

And more than that, my daughter (30 months old) is so much into cars. She can identify almost all cars by looking at the logo
Old 6th March 2011, 17:39   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalikapoor View Post
I was offered a chance to write about cars part time. I took it up just for the pocket money but now im hooked and would hopefully be on the auto beat of a business daily soon.
Hmmm, Way to go lady way to go. When you get on to the Business do let us know the publication. Oh! Best wishes for the same.

-salil
Old 7th March 2011, 09:34   #98
BHPian

Well my wife agrees most of the things when I talk about cars. I just have to prove it that I read it on Team BHP
Old 7th March 2011, 13:34   #99
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
There are a few Team-BHP threads that could be of interest to the female crowd as well:
  • Recipes/Cooking (under shiftng gears)
  • Home appliances (under shifting gears)
  • Travelogues
  • Photography threads
  • Discussion on Schools/school syllabus/education boards
Well instead of shifting gears there should be a section "Saving Marriages" or "Balancing Relationships" else we'll eventually need a "Tbhpian Anonymous" group in the aftermath of any damages!

One of the funniest threads in a long time. Its amazing to see how much I have in common with so many people I have never met!

P.S. Am not married yet but already face the wrath at times from the SWMBO - Picked that acronym from another thread and loved it!
Old 7th March 2011, 14:25   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
There are a few Team-BHP threads that could be of interest to the female crowd as well:
  • Recipes/Cooking (under shiftng gears)
  • Home appliances (under shifting gears)
  • Travelogues
  • Photography threads
  • Discussion on Schools/school syllabus/education boards
@pjbiju; We can also include careers to the list
Old 7th March 2011, 15:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Great thread guys , im sure this is case with most of us here.
I mailed my wife the link of this thread, as she is also not very happy with me spending much time on TBHP , to show her that im not the only one who spends time on TBHP .

And guess what , she opened the thread and started reading it , while i was on call with her, she said she will read it later as her boss might come and see TBHP site open instead of her work related stuff, and bang came my reply " Get your Boss registered " and the problem will be solved.

Cheers.
Old 8th March 2011, 11:11   #102

Well, i guess am the lucky one ! wifey's motto is "if u cant beat 'em .. join 'em !" she does join me in asking "what's new" on the TBHP site and is particularly interested in the monthly sales statistics and new car launches though not interested in the finer technical nuances!!

I guess .. i'll have to start taking or rather showing more interest in her cookery shows.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:11   #103
Senior - BHPian

I don't have much problem like many have as i access TBHP mainly from office

My wife know that i am TBHPian but don't know that i follow it everyday from office. She has seen me surfing at home as well but not much as i access net when she is not at home.

Wife is not very enthusiastic about cars but she likes to sit inside & go for ride. Also she likes all costly cars only & keep asking me about them. She generally likes all big cars like Pajero, Scorpio, Safari etc. Hopefully i will buy one soon
Old 8th March 2011, 12:14   #104
Senior - BHPian

Happy Womens day to all our feminine viewers as well as the special members..
Old 8th March 2011, 13:07   #105
BHPian

@ Headers, Thanks.

Men in our office want to be treated to "Women's Day ki treat".

Most Viewed