Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 17:07   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Solution to wifey problem - a pink themed TBHP What say?
Something like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP and our wives-copy-tbhp-pink.png  

Old 6th April 2011, 20:34   #122
Senior - BHPian

In my case it is different, Its not only my wife but also my both sons, my daughter in law who are sure that I am surfing on Team Bhp whenever I am on Laptop, in short they think of me of doing nothing other then surfing TBHP whenever I am on laptop.
But I keep all of them happy by taking them out for lunch and dinner whenever possible and tell them that it is repayment for allowing me to do what I do at home on laptop.hehehehhehe What do you guys think is it right??????
Old 7th April 2011, 00:44   #123
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP and our wives - How to surf with someone around!

I use a browser called Maxthon which has a a private browser and a special "BOSS KEY" All you have to do is press the boss key (default is Alt+`) you can reprogram and the window dissappears. To make it reappear just press the boss key again. It is wonderful!

TBhp open on Maxthon

Team-BHP and our wives-1.jpg

No Maxthon - No Tbhp!

Team-BHP and our wives-2.jpg

it does not even show up when you press Alt+tab!
Old 7th April 2011, 00:48   #124
Senior - BHPian

@iqbal absolutely its right,your method of "bribing" them seems to be working quite well!

After all a mans(tbhpians) gotta do what a mans(tbhpians) gotta do!

My my after all these stories i think i shall better make it clear to my future partner beforehand that there is going to be "pati patni and tbhp!"
Old 7th April 2011, 09:38   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Something like this?
Holy moses! What have you done there?!

You need to go underground for a while Sir
Old 7th April 2011, 12:06   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Holy moses! What have you done there?!

You need to go underground for a while Sir
I know I will be
Could not resist myself posting it when BusyBoyKK suggested the idea of Pink theme, wanted to give a try
Old 7th April 2011, 13:08   #127
BHPian

Shocked with the shocking pink theme. Even women t-bhpians would not like it. To add insult to injury, there is a barbie look alike peering from the top left of the screen. Flowery embellishments on a pink car ?? Not acceptable. (This is to be taken in the lighter vein)

All in all, good attempt. Keep trying, you may come up with more acceptable stuff eventually.

Guys, the best way to take care of your wives getting threatened by T-BHP, or their disapproval of being addicted to the site is add them to the forum and see the change. After all 2 addicts is better than 1 addict.

Cheers.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 7th April 2011 at 13:10.
Old 7th April 2011, 13:28   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post

Guys, the best way to take care of your wives getting threatened by T-BHP, or their disapproval of being addicted to the site is add them to the forum and see the change. After all 2 addicts is better than 1 addict.

Cheers.
WHAT ?

I thought this is some kind of ' sanctuary ' for me , & you are suggesting to == oh god please spare us the mere mortals .

Isn't the house enough for ' those' things & you want this heaven messed-up too ?

Sudarshan
Old 7th April 2011, 13:41   #129
Senior - BHPian

Actually, we should have a "No Women Are Alowed In" policy, perhaps! :-) Except, if someone can prove that they 'were and are' Tomboys.
Old 7th April 2011, 13:53   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Actually, we should have a "No Women Are Alowed In" policy, perhaps! :-) Except, if someone can prove that they 'were and are' Tomboys.
No I am not saying that , they ARE good at everything & with everything , except with 'The' only one person in the Universe

Jokes apart , My elder sister used to ride my Yezdi 250 beautifully ( this is 20 years back ) , My Mom handled our family business single handed for more than 25 years , she was respected & accepted not as owner but more like a mother by the staff .

Back to reality , My wife actually finds more freedom when I am with ( logged on ) BHP

Sudarshan
Old 7th April 2011, 14:10   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cheers.
I agree!!
Now I am no more troubled by my wife when on TBHP.
She discusses with me nowadays what I will post about on TBHP.
She is hooked to the route/road conditions update threads and also the travelogues.
She wants to join the forum and is asking me write her application.
I am not relenting.
Old 7th April 2011, 14:23   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Shocked with the shocking pink theme. Even women t-bhpians would not like it. To add insult to injury, there is a barbie look alike peering from the top left of the screen. Flowery embellishments on a pink car ?? Not acceptable. (This is to be taken in the lighter vein)

All in all, good attempt. Keep trying, you may come up with more acceptable stuff eventually.

Cheers.
hehehe
No offense here. Wanted to try out with a pink theme, on seeing the result even I could stop my laughter. Then decided to share the same stupidity with you all.

Expected more blessings (of course the curse) for this stupidity. I am lucky that all you were kind enough to do all those within your heart or atleast not in black & white
Old 7th April 2011, 15:22   #133
BHPian

In my family the full screen and reduced windows run this way :

Hubby - Full Screen : Sales Comparisons; Reduced : News (2-3)
Daughter - Full Screen : Legal Cases Review; Reduced : Facebook & iTunes
Son 1 - Full Screen : Games ; Reduced : Games (very daring guy)
Son 2 - Full Screen : School Website for Notes; Reduced : Games & iTunes
Me - Full Screen : Excel Sheet calulations; Reduced : T-BHP

Kids have a collection of pictures of me checking out cars & SUVs in parking lots of hotels and wedding venues dressed in saris. They lament that if ever a new car is stolen from the colony, all suspicious fingers will be pointed at me since I am the only person checking out new cars from all possible angles.

I know of many women who are big time auto freaks so there is a big number of lady T-BHPians waiting in the wings.
We can also have a set called T-WAGS - Wives and Girlfriends of T-BHPians, just as we can classify another set of men as T-HABS - Husbands and Boyfriends of T-BHPians.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 7th April 2011 at 15:27.
Old 7th April 2011, 16:20   #134
BHPian

I was restraining myself from commenting on this thread because I am a bhpian as well as a wife of somebody who even though works with cars but is not much of an enthusiast.

But with this below shown suggestion, I just cant keep quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Something like this?
Quote:
Please, this pink is just not acceptable. I am happy with the present colour themes where red is my favourite. Are we small girls aged between 6 to 12 to have barbie dolls on our tbhp page ????? And we surely dont have decorative flowers on our cars...... Period.
Old 7th April 2011, 16:44   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
Please, this pink is just not acceptable. I am happy with the present colour themes where red is my favourite. Are we small girls aged between 6 to 12 to have barbie dolls on our tbhp page ????? And we surely dont have decorative flowers on our cars...... Period.
My stupidity turned many T-BHPians red.
BTW pink theme was suggested by a fellow BHPian for wifey problem & Barbie is my own contribution to invite Kid BHPians

PS : Just kidding, please don't take it serious.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks