Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 15:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indiandrives.com Plagiarized my Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Rohanjf,

They have provided a source (though it is below the ad on the page!)
Oops! I completely missed that. Probably because it is below the ad.
No problem, as long as team-bhp gets the credit
Old 24th March 2011, 14:59   #47
lsp
BHPian

Saw this thread just now. Shameful act by Indiadrives, to say the least. An auto-journalist who's using Google Image search for pictures of a vehicle which he test drove. Why didnt he click his own pics when he did the test drive. Most probably, that test drive too would have been done on Google.

Waiting to hear how things have progressed. I hope you did call Ritesh Sarvaiya.
Old 28th March 2011, 19:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this and wanted to add my bit.
My first contact with tbhp was when I saw a photo of mine put up twice. I had just been told about our site, and was viewing Vintage section threads from the very beginning. Without knowing anyone here, I sent a mail to "contact" and they immediately replied. Matter was resolved by giving me credit, I did not ask for removal at any time. From there onwards the relationship grew.
Another time I was requested to allow the Bentley club to post a picture of the Bhopal Bentley. I consented. Later on that picture turned up on an Australian web-site with stupid comments about Tiger hunting. I did write to them, but never heard from them.
So, I always put my mark on my photos. They do disturb, generally I try to see that it is put in such a manner that one can enjoy the picture but will disturb someone taking a print. Sometimes I adjust my mark 2 to 3 times to try and keep a balance between visibility and obstruction. I am doing this because many pictures do cost me quite some money when I buy them, today there is still no free lunch. And when someone really wants a clear copy, or some info which I covered, I generally do provide them.
The tbhp watermark which is at the bottom generally makes that mark irrelevant as most pictures have sufficient border.

Cheers harit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks