Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2006, 19:02   #31
Team-BHP Support

I was in Bangalore a couple of weeks ago. I was caught in a traffic jam on some road, (I don't remember the name) for a really, really long time, just because some politician was passing. If all politicians are to move to Bangalore, God help Psycho, Jaggu, Rudra, etc.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th January 2006 at 19:14.
Old 9th January 2006, 19:12   #32
Team-BHP Support

Acutally suburbs esp noida take the cake for good roads. Wether its the six lane expressway or the wide roads in sectors. Delhi is solving the traffic problem with the metro and its working. Most auto wallas near connaught place say that now they get only short distance fare(10rs or so) as people prefer metro for long runs. 30kms in 40 minutes flat. What more do you want!
Old 9th January 2006, 19:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

if bengalooru is made capital ,then we will have fuel available at a lesser rate ...yes yes ...bengalooru shud be made capital .....
Old 9th January 2006, 19:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Srinagar should be the capital. Let the terrorists do some good work for a change and it will be an inexpensive way to get rid of buffons like Laloo, Mulayam, Sitaram Yechuri etc. Also, if the politicians are made to move to kashmir they will solve the Kashmir issue out of fear!

I was tempted to suggest Rome since we anyway have a Italian PM but I don't want our politicians to take over Rome and turn it into another Patna. I can't wish these buffons on my worst enemies! Also, it would be weird to watch idiots like Laloo, Mayawati moving around in Alfa Romeo's!

Quote:
Shanghai would be a good choice
RTech, Shanghai should be made the capital of Maharashtra. That's the only way Deshmukh and the PM can fulfill their promise of turning Mumbai into Shanghai.

Last edited by amit : 9th January 2006 at 20:00.
Old 9th January 2006, 20:16   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

i completely disagree with your statement sir,delhi is the perfect place,banglore might be the best location for being a it city but it does lack the relaxed pace of life and the spaciousness of delhi.
Old 9th January 2006, 20:32   #36
BHPian

Nah..... delhi is good enought, Bangalore..... if it were to become the capital will only lead to more chaos in an already chaotic city..... Right now, Delhi's infrastructure is getting better..... I think way better than any of the other Indian cities....... I've always thought Delhi, guragon, greater noida was improving faster than Bangalore is...... so it a few years back, I'd have said Bangalore was better but now.... Delhi has all it takes to make it to be a good capital

Last edited by vinod : 9th January 2006 at 20:34.
Old 9th January 2006, 20:46   #37
BHPian

alright this question just came to my mind because i thought banglore can be because i have been to banglore 2 years ago and looking at the cleanliness and the roads were pretty good infrastructure amm it was good man.

Looking at the crime rate banglore's crime rate is less than delhi (yes the terrorist attack happened) but dont forget in delhi there has been many terrorist attacks infact it happend at the parliment.

Delhi is a good place to be the capital of india because the history is over there. Mumbai can never be the capital of india its just out of question and am sure if BMC and the govt goes like this one day mumbai will be like kolkata.

Am not saying banglore should be the capital of india but its just my personal view that it can be and my question to you'all which city can take place to be capital of india if not delhi?

Last edited by IndianDawg : 9th January 2006 at 20:48.
Old 9th January 2006, 21:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
I was in Bangalore a couple of weeks ago. I was caught in a traffic jam on some road, (I don't remember the name) for a really, really long time, just because some politician was passing. If all politicians are to move to Bangalore, God help Psycho, Jaggu, Rudra, etc.
Thanks for all the pity that you have showed us. Let me bring into light one more fact.......According to a recent survey(which was also mentioned in the news), each day around 800 new vehicles enter the 'already conjusted' roads of bangalore.
And there is no end to the construction of the flyover on Airport Rd....the work just keeps going on and on and on
Old 9th January 2006, 21:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg
alright this question just came to my mind because i thought banglore can be because i have been to banglore 2 years ago and looking at the cleanliness and the roads were pretty good infrastructure amm it was good man.

Looking at the crime rate banglore's crime rate is less than delhi (yes the terrorist attack happened) but dont forget in delhi there has been many terrorist attacks infact it happend at the parliment.

Delhi is a good place to be the capital of india because the history is over there. Mumbai can never be the capital of india its just out of question and am sure if BMC and the govt goes like this one day mumbai will be like kolkata.

Am not saying banglore should be the capital of india but its just my personal view that it can be and my question to you'all which city can take place to be capital of india if not delhi?

First of all, 2 years is a lot of time man...the infrastructure may have been good...infact it still is in certain parts of the city.
Then comes the crime rate...maybe lesser than Delhi, but have you read the newspapers here?...They only speak of rapes, thefts, killings and what not!!

Then comes the question of public transport. Mumbai may have got a pain in the form of the BMC, but we've got the BMTC. The buses are one of the major cause for accidents. Infact there are a lot lesser people who have died of drunken driving...when compared to the deaths caused by BMTC chaps the former is nothing.
Mumbai and Bangalore...both are in the race for becoming the next Kolkata.
Old 9th January 2006, 22:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg
my question to you'all which city can take place to be capital of india if not delhi?
As per my point of view i find that New Delhi is a very good choice to be the capital of India .. But if there had to be a alternate capital city , and IF all the facilities and infrastructure is to be develped , then according to me, It should be in centre of India , easily accessible to all parts of India ..
My choice would be Bhopal or Nagpur ...
Old 9th January 2006, 23:18   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite

Couldnt get you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Well, somehow Delhites feel the same when they visit Mumbai!... I think its just something wrong with face reading!

Also wide roads in Delhi .. YES

Not any traffic ... I think you were at the wrong place! the runway probably!

On a serious note, Delhi has a LOT of traffic... these wide roads are most of the time not adequate... but they are building more and more of them!
infact i ve had a couple of friends come down from delhi and tell me that people around bombay are so much better when it comes to helping some lost soul and stuff. about the attitude it was so there on the airport official s faces and stuff, and even the hotel staff at ashoka wasn;t something to praise about. and to make things worse the guy at capitol thought he was doing me a favour by telling me about other clubs in the city, the guy at dublin sucked even more.

well i went to old rohtak road, saket tvr sum place, bangla saheb gurudwara, pounjabi baug and a couple fo ther places which i can't recall names of but didnt face any traffic at all, guess you guys need to come to mumbai to get familiar with traffic

manson.
Old 9th January 2006, 23:31   #42
Team-BHP Support

You missed chandni chowk, Ring road near Moolchand, Lajpat nagar heh heh.
Central delhi where all the places to see and be are(Lodhi road etc.,) is not crowded. The ring road is one road to hell and so it the Gurgaon road.

As for rudeness, I found people in south were politer. My wife's observation is that they have much more respect for women than delhi. North is ruder compared to mumbai or down south any day.
Old 10th January 2006, 00:46   #43
BHPian

no offence meant, franky i would never want to be in new delhi except for AUTOSHOWS n that one-off visit...delhi is red hot crime capital n civic sense is non-existent ..public administration is in shambles..roads n parks are in neat shape bt nt a reason enough..i think ahmedabad(not being bias) is a safe heaven...even during riots it was absolutely safe to move out...mumbai has its own charisma which nthin can undone ...i would love to be in mumbai anyday than in delhi...
Old 10th January 2006, 04:43   #44
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
well i went to old rohtak road, saket tvr sum place, bangla saheb gurudwara, pounjabi baug and a couple fo ther places which i can't recall names of but didnt face any traffic at all, guess you guys need to come to mumbai to get familiar with traffic
manson.
Well manson, you went to right places!.
You will get a lot of traffic... not Jams... but slow traffic, if you travel in the peak office hrs... 9am-11am and 5:30pm-8:30pm... otherwise traffic just flows.

Tsk, I think Delhi has a lot of 4/ 6 lane roads but one doesn't realise it during the day coz of traffic. Noida on the other had has hardly any traffic!... so those wide roads really feel!

There's just too much load of being the capital... I doubt any other city in india can take as of now. Otherwise take it away.... I don't mind
Old 10th January 2006, 09:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
All right ! Which one of you is Tughlaq?
Lucky! I scanned whole thread before posting. I was about to post on Toughlaq! Looks like not many have heard of Toughlaq.
Geographically (location wise) Nagpur would be ideal !
Or we can plan for a space station to be the capital so that most of the #*@*#* politicians can be disposed there. What do you say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks