Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2006, 10:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
I know. That kind of prevents the guys (well most of them) from molesting anything female on two legs (or four). Unlike those in the capital.

P.S. Sorry for the sarcasm. But you have to stay in Mumbai to understand Mumbai. That indifference is just on the surface. People are desperately trying to make their life here.
Have stayed in Mumbai for a short stint of 8 months or so and that was way back in 1997 when traffic, road & other conditions were much better.

Glad to hear the patriotism about molestations etc in Mumbai - I thought it was just the other day that we read about the South African model of Indian origin who got taken for a ride and much else in Mumbai.......not that rape or other statistics have any bearing on the indifference of the average man on the street. With 15 million plus people in the NCR, you would have a higher rate of these incidents in any case.

But that's an interesting thought about the indifference being only on the surface.

Old 13th January 2006, 16:44   #62
BHPian

Bombay

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
Whilst Mumbai just dreams of being Shanghai( with 50% of its population living in slums !!)
Quote:
26/7 was a one in a million situation and IMHO cannot be used as a yardstick for measuring the indifference of an average Mumbai-ite. No offence meant but that's a fact - they have NO time for anyone, perhaps not even for themselves
Guys, LIVE in Bombay, dont just stay, to understand the pulse of the city.

No one, as typeOnegative pointed, talks of shanghai here, except for a few politicians and the nowadays-overunderstanding media.

Slums and infrastructure have been issues, but the reasons can be attributed to certain parameters like our leaders and the deluge of immigrants coming to the cite everyday.

Bombay is defined by its people and their attitude, not by some self-created definitions and notions of certain people who are blinded by perceptions which are a result of incomplete and inconsistent data.

The 26/7 was the only example that other people are aware of and not the only example existing. Would not like to flood this thread with a list of similar incidents.

People here are go-getters; right from the people in the "slums" (try visiting one of them sometime - they are better furnished and equipped than many middle class homes) to the corporates at Nariman Point.

Yes life is hectic here, but not cold.

I could write on and on... but I guess this is enough for the time being.

No hard feelings guys.
Old 13th January 2006, 17:30   #63
BHPian

Bangalore!!!! Gimme a break.
Old 13th January 2006, 19:18   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia
Guys, LIVE in Bombay, dont just stay, to understand the pulse of the city.
No Hard Feelings guys...was just my opinion ( Feel free to discount it @ 50%/sec !!)..

I guess the discussion on this thread will go nowhere... ( a la ..how to achieve World Peace !!)

Most Viewed