Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2006, 13:19   #1
BHPian

Capital Of India?

This question is wierd but i want to know your viewsIs Delhi the right place to be the capital of India?I think Banglore is the right place considering evreything which includes business, weather etc etc... no doubt delhi has very good infrastructure but banglore has that too
Old 9th January 2006, 13:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
no doubt delhi has very good infrastructure but banglore has that too
First april is far away still.
Old 9th January 2006, 13:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg
no doubt delhi has very good infrastructure but banglore has that too
Ever been to bangalore???
Old 9th January 2006, 13:52   #4
BHPian

Thanks, we have enough trouble already. We dont want more jams due to the VVIP's.
Old 9th January 2006, 14:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have been to Banagalore. And may have to go their for my job when i complete my engineering.

Compared to Delhi, the thing thats best about Banglore is the weather. Very pleasent evrytime, sometimes raining, sometimes not ;-). The narrow roads are made up of Revas and Santros (specially the Kormangla district). Apart from that, nothing much to write about.
Old 9th January 2006, 14:10   #6
Team-BHP Support

You in final year? which branch?
Old 9th January 2006, 14:12   #7
BHPian

Capital of India - Bangaluru doesn't even sound that good na...
Old 9th January 2006, 14:15   #8
BHPian

Let me tell you something IndianDawg, Bangalore isnt good enough to be the capital. The infrastructure maybe good and so may the climate...but the city's planning is second only to maybe Kolkata. And with the bigger trouble of the one-ways and the metro and then the International Airport coming up...the ever persistant traffic jams are only going to become worse. The traffic here is so out of control that even 6 laned roads arent good enough to hold back traffic jams.
It maybe too early to raise this topic...but now that you have raised it, didnt you get anyother worthy competetor to Delhi??...
Old 9th January 2006, 14:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
It maybe too early to raise this topic...but now that you have raised it, didnt you get anyother worthy competetor to Delhi??...
Devagiri?

Bangalore definitely is not the right candidate. The city is going downhill. The traffic is horrible, there are too many people and too many vehicles and no roads to ply them. It is horrible. I guess Delhi is much better, atleast New Delhi.
Old 9th January 2006, 14:25   #10
Team-BHP Support

Shanghai would be a good choice
Old 9th January 2006, 14:30   #11
Team-BHP Support

Make it somewhere in thar desert in rajasthan, it will atleast get us rid of the traffic jams due to policians, and if placed near to border, paki rangers will get nice target practice.
Old 9th January 2006, 14:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg
This question is wierd but i want to know your viewsIs Delhi the right place to be the capital of India?I think Banglore is the right place considering evreything which includes business, weather etc etc... no doubt delhi has very good infrastructure but banglore has that too
Is it infrastructure (which is at best B Grade in Bangalore) which decides what city should be the capital of India? Is it business - why not Mumbai then? if weather then Ooty (I am sure politicians will love it!) could be capital of India

You are forgetting that history of city is a major factor (remember we have the Parliament in Delhi).. and the established offices (embassies, foreign offices). Changing capital is not like changing names of city, which itself is tough, though not for the likes of Dharam Singh.

~maniac
Old 9th January 2006, 14:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
You in final year? which branch?
Yup. Computer Science. Are you from same college (i think you are working in TI right?)
Old 9th January 2006, 14:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Shanghai would be a good choice
How does this sound?
Capital of India ? Outsourced to Shangai, for better infrastructure, management, political will et all. While we focus on our core competencies, we would like to outsource some of our operations to Shanghai to capitalise on their strengths.

Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai !!!
Old 9th January 2006, 15:28   #15
BHPian

Well..
Delhi as the capital of India is perfect..Historical quirk maybe...but atleast it is earning it's position as THE City of India..
Its infrastructure has improved ( think roads, think CNG, think Metro, think Cooking Gas supplied by pipelines....)..
& New Businesses & MNCs are setting up offices in NCR..at the expense of Mumbai..
Mumbai still has the Old Economy Companies & Financial Institutions..but that's it..
All major FMCG, Consumer Goods/Electronics,BPO companies now have their HQ in NCR..

It is unfortunate, but IMHO..Mumbai is going the Calcutta way...err..towards historical...irrelevance ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks