Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 19:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Your Favourite FM Station/Program while driving

In Hyderabad there is a dearth of Hindi channels. Its a huge business opportunity waiting to be exploited .

Of the few shows in hindi, I listen to:

* "Born to be remembered" on AIR FM Rainbow (101.9FM) everyday. It comes at 11am everyday and celebrates the birthdays of eminent personalities from varied fields (scientists, freedom fighters, athletes, entrepreneurs, etc). I find it very interesting and motivational.

* "Yadoon ka Idiot box with Nilesh Mishra" - Short stories (with songs in between) that sometimes touch the heart.
Old 24th November 2014, 13:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

These days its 93.5 Red FM, weekends they play 8 songs "cheppakke" (together) and weekdays its 4, but lately their advertising has increased quite a bit. Earlier stations like 94.3 & 104 have become very very commercial.
Old 24th November 2014, 13:56   #33
BHPian

I like Radio One 94.3. It regularly airs western hits from the 80's like American Top 40 hosted by Casey Casem. It such a pleasure listening to him. Too bad he is no more around on earth.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:02   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
These days its 93.5 Red FM, weekends they play 8 songs "cheppakke" (together) and weekdays its 4, but lately their advertising has increased quite a bit. Earlier stations like 94.3 & 104 have become very very commercial.
+1 to this. Their 8 songs at a stretch with minimal advertising usually gets me from home to work without too much of blabbering from their RJ's in between.
94.3 used to be my preferred channel earlier, till the time I realized that there are days when I hardly listened to a song in 30 minutes of my commute to and from home to work
Old 24th November 2014, 14:39   #35
BHPian

FM - Seriously ?? I used to listen to FM91.1 when it came out initially in Bangalore. Brilliant station with oodles of good music and then slowly it transformed itself into a vernacular station. There used to be a lady Priya who used to have a classic rock show Sunday nights and it was one of the best till date

And then Radio Indigo showed up and was fun for a year before the RJs started blabbering to maintain a so called conversation and then they started cackling for every sick joke they would make. And the music was for 20 minutes in an hour with the rest of the time being kept aside for advertisements. And what could you hear on this - EDM, hiphop, club, pop, Justin Beiber and Pitbull and that is it

Now i got my own set of playlists curated for the vehicle and thats what i listen to. With over 10k i dont end up repeating songs for a year at the least !!!
Old 24th November 2014, 14:46   #36
BHPian

Don't we get AM Stations in India ?

Would love to hear the old age notes .
Old 24th November 2014, 14:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
+1 to this. Their 8 songs at a stretch with minimal advertising usually gets me from home to work without too much of blabbering from their RJ's in between.
94.3 used to be my preferred channel earlier, till the time I realized that there are days when I hardly listened to a song in 30 minutes of my commute to and from home to work
True for the ads in 94.3 even I have driven 20-30 mins without a song being played. With 93.5 do you face reception issues sometimes? The reception for me sometimes starts to become thin. Does not happen always but have noticed it.
Old 24th November 2014, 15:00   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
With 93.5 do you face reception issues sometimes? The reception for me sometimes starts to become thin. Does not happen always but have noticed it.
Sometimes late in the night, the signal has dropped off couple of times. But they have been hardly for few minutes or so, otherwise pretty good coverage till the outskirts of Bangalore.
Old 24th November 2014, 17:32   #39
BHPian

I used to pretty regular listener of Hit 95, especially Sarthak in his morning show while driving to work. However, have changed office in last few days and for some strange reason, I just don't get trouble free reception of Hit 95 in Gurgaon, rest of the channels have fine reception. has anyone else also faced similar issues?
Old 24th November 2014, 17:56   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maktags View Post
I used to pretty regular listener of Hit 95, especially Sarthak in his morning show while driving to work. However, have changed office in last few days and for some strange reason, I just don't get trouble free reception of Hit 95 in Gurgaon, rest of the channels have fine reception. has anyone else also faced similar issues?
Yeah!
Ever since they got knocked out, their signal has been very patchy
Old 25th November 2014, 10:48   #41
BHPian

During my morning drives to office, i typically listend 'Mad Mornings' by Shradha on Fever104. The upside is her chirping & satairical statements. However, the commercials at times take the toll and thats when i move to my old ipod - old school rock, rock & roll, 60's 70's & 80's bollywood music.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks