Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2006, 16:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Anyways I am for IE. Though www.team-bhp.com only works well in firefox.
don't know what you are talking about
team bhp.com works well in IE & Opera along with FF
Old 11th January 2006, 16:48   #17
Team-BHP Support

Never read the news heh.
http://slashdot.org/search.pl?tid=220?
Try getting a port scan log of your machine. There are so many zombie machines on the internet hunting for vunerable machines. And there is always a gap between the worm and the patch.
As for performance, I am also on latest patch, and I do not see much of a difference in performance, infact tbhp is one of the few sites which seem to run better in IE. Guess it depends on machine to machine and extensions installed.
Old 11th January 2006, 16:54   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
If you make a site compatible with firefox, you are wrong zappo bhai. A site compatible with firefox, is as wrong as a site compatible with IE. Your site should meet standards.
http://www.w3.org, the website of the World Wide Web(WWW) consortian has laid down certain standards for html, xhtml and so on. All you need to do is run the free validators they provide. Thats it.
Its easy to make a site firefox compatible/IE/comptible/netscape compatible, but thats not the right way.
Haa haa haaa... yes of course, I will hand you that one. In an ideal world designers should design applications that meet the W3 standards, but then that is the ideal world.

The problem is many of those ideal and recommended stuffs may not be so well accepted by IE but always has a IE specific work-around. Call it the MS hegemony or whatever. At the end of the day if my client cribs about the fact that his application is not benefiting from all those IE features that it should I as a designer have to look into that aspect. Afterall he is paying for it.

Ok... the websites... maybe... but you should see the requirements they come up with for applications. They want the desktop UIs replicated as it is with all those features. Now even if they are non-standard, MS provides many of them in IE (and probably that is why IE has more security flaws)! So at the end of the day non-standard things do creep in which will not run on anything but IE. And there are host of such things...
Old 11th January 2006, 17:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Firefox both on my desktop and the laptop. It works well on my Solaris desktop. I have XP, SUSE 10 and Solaris Nevada on my laptop and FF works well everywhere. No issues so far.
Old 11th January 2006, 17:44   #20
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Try getting a port scan log of your machine. There are so many zombie machines on the internet hunting for vunerable machines.
Well, As per your suggestion just tried that!, and NOTHING. my machine is invisible! (no its not behind a proxy or router.. its a direct static IP)

Anyways, the topic here was that firefox crashes!, well it doesn't!, nor does IE or Opera.

Infact, if you have a clean machine with good hardware nothing crashes!, I normally keep my PC up for weeks together, maximum uptime being 20 days (after which power failure forced me to shut down).

Last edited by SLK : 11th January 2006 at 18:00.
Old 11th January 2006, 22:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

SLK, hows ur car doing. Does it still knock... and do you still take it to 80kmph in 2nd gear? .. i hope you remember those old days... i think u were the only delhite here other than me..
Old 12th January 2006, 00:15   #22
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite

SLK, hows ur car doing. Does it still knock... and do you still take it to 80kmph in 2nd gear? .. i hope you remember those old days... i think u were the only delhite here other than me..
No my car doesn't knock anymore! not at all.
I think a perfect valve clearence adjustment did the trick in my case.

2nd gear 80s.. don't remember doing that in a long time now.

Just this monday night I floored it on the DND, kept waiting for it to cross 140kms/h, but it didn't. Managed 138 something... .. but again its pretty old now 5.25 years (60k kms)... its got a 155 tyres... and it was 5th gear!.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks