Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 23:30   #301
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I got 2 pairs of JCB safety shoes from this vendor. Found them very good & VFM. Though there was a delay in sending the shoes, they were sincere.
Thanks for sharing Kiran, exactly what I keep looking for , good looking safety boots, ordered 2 pairs, hope they would be light in weight and comfortable as metal parts are not used as per the write-up.

Cheers!
Old 29th November 2012, 06:30   #302
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

I recently bought a pair of Dr. Martens through their website in black and brown for my casual office wear. They are the best pair of shoes I've ever worn so far. The quality is top notch and unbeatable.

My collection includes a pair of Red tape, Hush puppies, Asics, 2 pairs of Puma slacks, 2 pairs of Woodland and Sidi, Thor and Harley Davidson motorcycle boots.
Old 29th November 2012, 21:57   #303
Senior - BHPian

One of the best things i ever got for my feets are the ASICS Gel Equations. Absolutely love them.
Perfect fitting and no pain in the legs even after day long wears.
Cheers

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 29th November 2012 at 21:59.
Old 12th January 2013, 10:14   #304
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I recently bought Fila Skeletoes but their quality was pathetic (strap stitching came off on 3rd day) - they are not taking it back but will do some crappy repair. In essence, I expect them to be gone shortly.

I am not looking to run but walk about around my apartment complex at a decent pace-I am below the C25K fitness levels! The adipure shoes are not available in my size (10) wherever i've checked

Hence my question: what other Skeletoes-like options do I have in a 3-4k budget?

The other alternative was to buy canvas shoes (I believe in barefoot/minimalist fundae) - what we used to call PT shoes. That was an equally bad disaster. The sole wore out in some 30-35km of walking around (the upper is fine).

If I go down that path, I would much rather buy another pair of cheap canvas shoes (than spend 2k on a converse) but something that lasts. Any ideas on either front?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th October 2013 at 19:57. Reason: BOLD formatting removed.
Old 1st April 2013, 22:38   #305
BHPian

Fellow Bhpians, please recommend suitable and safe walking shoes for someone with prolapse disc.
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:02   #306
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Fellow Bhpians, please recommend suitable and safe walking shoes for someone with prolapse disc.
Try to change your gait so that you are not a heel runner if you intend running. For walking, anything which has decent coushin is good. Try before you buy. Most good brands offer good shoes. If you are flat footed take stability control shoes like Asics Gel Nimbus series
Old 25th September 2013, 18:41   #307
BHPian

Got these "Vibram Five Fingers" while my wife was in the US last year. Excellent walking/trekking/running shoes. Feels like a glove around my foot and toes. Have never worn another during my walks/treks. Feels like I am walking barefoot at-times, but well protected. Also provides excellent hold, ie no slipping even on the wettest of surfaces.
Marked difference from my earlier Nike/Reebok.
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-vibram.jpg  

aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 14:09   #308
BHPian

I am looking out for some shoes and came across this pair on Jabong from Dunlop, an Australian company:

http://www.jabong.com/dunlop-Black-R...es-174279.html

Does anybody have experience with them?
Old 17th October 2013, 14:20   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Got these "Vibram Five Fingers" while my wife was in the US last year. Excellent walking/trekking/running shoes.
Any idea if this is available in India?
Old 17th October 2013, 14:34   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Not really. Haven't checked out. They should be available.
Old 19th October 2013, 01:58   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I think I saw them at myntra. Looked nice but there wasn't any reviews on that so skipped. :-)
Old 15th November 2013, 00:06   #312
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a pair of good formal shoes which should be comfortable to wear. At present I use Woodland shoes and so anything leather would obviously be comfier. Preference is for Oxford and budget around 2-3k. Are there any good brands I could go for?
Old 15th November 2013, 00:58   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I am looking for a pair of good formal shoes which should be comfortable to wear. At present I use Woodland shoes and so anything leather would obviously be comfier. Preference is for Oxford and budget around 2-3k. Are there any good brands I could go for?
Comfort I don't use anything apart from hush puppies , 4 pairs as of now and they last forever. Clark's is another brand I recommend, look good and feel great too.
Old 15th November 2013, 07:27   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post

Comfort I don't use anything apart from hush puppies , 4 pairs as of now and they last forever. Clark's is another brand I recommend, look good and feel great too.
Where can I check them out in Mumbai? Or nearby?

Do they have black Oxford variety?

Last edited by honeybee : 15th November 2013 at 07:33.
Old 26th November 2013, 15:18   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
I think I saw them at myntra. Looked nice but there wasn't any reviews on that so skipped. :-)
Vibrams are not available in India. Your best bet is to get it from outside India. They are of a different kind altogether. They are minimalistic and once you start running in them, you do feel a difference. Have been on them for a year now (Vibram KSO) and am getting my second pair (Vibram Komodosport). The fit is something you need to be careful about. Use the size chart on their side, but add 1 size more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks