Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 10:28   #376
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
There is one big disadvantage though, they cannot be used in rain (or rather standing water) or snow. The cushioning is extremely sensitive to that. For all dry weather and lot of walking, its worth every penny paid.
Thanks for the warning. Recently bought a Skechers for my son. I don't know the model name, it has memory foam insole. He says it is like walking on pillows.
Old 14th December 2016, 12:40   #377
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Anyone bought the adidas yeezy?

Not the ones from Alieexpress or likes of Thailand but the real deal

Wondering if they are really worth the price and hype
Old 14th December 2016, 13:26   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I wish I could buy replacements, but these shoes rarely sell at a discount these days unlike earlier
How much does Skechers cost in India?
Old 14th December 2016, 13:54   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish I could buy replacements, but these shoes rarely sell at a discount these days unlike earlier when the Planet Sports website had perennial clearance sales. Now that site itself doesn't seem to exist.
Keep checking the Jabong website - they do come up with discounts once in a while.

Earlier this year I picked up a Go Run for a very nominal amount from Jabong, for my wife.

--Anoop
Old 14th December 2016, 15:19   #380
BHPian

Quote:
There is one big disadvantage though, they cannot be used in rain (or rather standing water) or snow. The cushioning is extremely sensitive to that. For all dry weather and lot of walking, its worth every penny paid.
I actually wear my older Go Walk on wet roads and never faced any problem. By cushioning do you mean the tread area or the insole? Perhaps this is something which happens on the newer ones with Goga Mat Memory Foam. I find all my Skechers relatively easy to clean and prefer them on a wet day, but obviously these are not trail shoes and can only withstand so much.

Quote:
On a related note: Does anyone have separate shoes just for driving? I used to drive barefoot or with socks, but sometimes get heel pain on long drives.
I always found it quirky that my wife religiously removes her shoes before driving. One day I asked her and she said it gives her better feedback and consequently the ability to feather the clutch, accelerator and brake. She asked me to try it and I have been driving barefoot ever since. I now find that my driving becomes erratic when driving with my shoes on, so I do these awkward contortions sitting in the car to put on my socks and shoes before visiting an office.

The strange thing is that I get the complete opposite feeling when driving an automatic. I always drive an automatic with my shoes on.

Quote:
The last Skechers I bought, the Go Flex cost me around ₹5,500 full price. Others cost between ₹2,000 and ₹2,500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Keep checking the Jabong website - they do come up with discounts once in a while.
Thanks, will keep checking!

Last edited by nowwhat? : 14th December 2016 at 15:22.
Old 15th December 2016, 20:30   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Well its about time I found this thread. Since I travel to Germany on a regular basis, I bumped into a place called Outletcity, Near Stuttgart which is like a sea of various brands and showrooms scattered all over a small town. And the reason I go here is the Nike shop, which has a large collection of shoes, in all possible sizes. Back in India, we dont get some of these and the availablity of sizes are limited. My previous experience with Nike air was superb and hence went ahead with Nike again.

I brought this one for dad:
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-whatsapp-image-20161210-13.48.00.jpeg
Nike air zoom pegasus 32 - H20 Repel

He wanted a plain looking shoe without much of lines and hence went ahead with this . Costed 72Eur after a 15% corporate discount.

And this one for myself:
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-whatsapp-image-20161210-13.36.15.jpeg

I chose the same version but with a different shade and without the water repellent effect which costed 62eur after the discount.

And I also brought a pair of Nike revolution 2 since it was for a steal price of 25EUR. I dont even know who will use it and for what. Good thing is that me, my father and my brother almost share the same size.
Old 15th December 2016, 22:58   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am not sure of Skechers India rates though.

On a related note: Does anyone have separate shoes just for driving? I used to drive barefoot or with socks, but sometimes get heel pain on long drives.
Quote:
I compared the price of the pair I had bought from Bangalore and it was exactly same in a store in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Thanks for the warning. Recently bought a Skechers for my son. I don't know the model name, it has memory foam insole. He says it is like walking on pillows.
The memory foam one is not good for long walks, thats from my experience and what the sales guy also said. But very comfortable for office use if your work doesn't involve walking too much that is
Old 16th December 2016, 01:56   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By cushioning do you mean the tread area or the insole? ... I find all my Skechers relatively easy to clean and prefer them on a wet day, but obviously these are not trail shoes and can only withstand so much.
I meant the insole cushioning. If you have to put your shoe, even into like 2-3 inches of standing water (which is a common scenario in Madras monsoon rains with little escape), the insole gets wet and the cushioning gets weakened than what it was before. Its applicable to other shoes as well, except that I found Skechers a little more sensitive to it.

Quote:
One day I asked her and she said it gives her better feedback and consequently the ability to feather the clutch, accelerator and brake.
Its precisely the reason (pedal feel) I remove my shoes when driving too. What I have felt is, there is no escaping sand and stones in the footwell (even with religious cleaning of mats). And in longer runs, get some heel pain.

Driving an automatic with cruise control is an expensive solution Was exploring if there was some lighter shoes that give best of both worlds (pedal feel and heel comfort on long drives, driving a manual shift).

Quote:
I do these awkward contortions sitting in the car to put on my socks and shoes before visiting an office.
Drive with the socks on. It doesn't make much difference in pedal feel. Its easier to just put the shoe on before getting off.
Old 20th December 2016, 05:26   #384
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone ever ordered insoles for their shoes? I think I might need a set for my recurrent plantar fascitis which simply refuses to go away.
Old 20th December 2016, 08:53   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....Was exploring if there was some lighter shoes that give best of both worlds (pedal feel and heel comfort on long drives, driving a manual shift)....
My current long-drive shoes are a pair of Crocs Citilane Roka slip-ons. Barely weigh anything, pedal feel is good without grinding-in heels, great for walking medium distances too, easily washable and dry out in minutes.

Recently drove a 700+ km round trip in a single day and my feet weren't sore at all.

Perfect casual outdoors and driving holiday footwear IMO

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th December 2016 at 08:59.
Old 14th January 2017, 21:35   #386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I want to but the FlyKnit Airmax but it isn't available anywhere.
Quote:
How I wish somebody manufactured a shoe which had reebok ZigJet sole and Nike Airmax's upper part, that would have been the perfect shoe.
Got my perfect shoe. Much better comfort than Reebok Zjet and fits much better than Nike Airmax. Somehow, Nike Airmax's sole has hardened over time [I feel so] but not by much. Z-Jet's shoe lace is an irritant, but it doesn't fit like Nike or Adidas. I was about to order Nike airmax Flyknit for a huge price but I am glad I didn't.

Adidas Running Ultra Boost ST. Link.

Will recommend this over anything else at the moment. Other boost shoes from Adidas [slightly cheaper] don't have this robust feel, the top layer is fragile and may cut if exposed to thorns/shrubs etc.
Old 24th January 2017, 15:35   #387
BHPian

Im making my debut in this sub forum with pictures of new kicks that celebrate both the legendary Vans Sk8 Hi design but also one my most favourite things in the whole world - the classic Nintendo entertainment system ! The Vans X Nintendo series !

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1136.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1137.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1138.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1139.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1140-2.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1141.jpg

Another favourite right now are the Jordan Mid 01s .. and for me black on black on black is the ultimate colour scheme !

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_1009.jpg

For driving I love feeling feedback from the pedals. I stick to low profile shoes that I can slip on. Recently I discovered Toms and have fallen in love. My favourite driving shoes right now. And the pricing is ridiculous especially on Myntra etc !

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_0800.jpg

Last edited by reihem : 24th January 2017 at 15:53.
reihem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 20:41   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
In the US, a fews back there was this ....
Since you are in US, you can also take a look at Asics, Mizuno or Saucony. They make some of the best running shoes.
A good pair of Asics or Mizuno are hard to come by here in India, although I heard from a friend that Asics will be launching their stores pan India soon enough.
Old 6th July 2017, 20:33   #389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Adidas Running Ultra Boost ST. Link.
Got a pair of Asics GEL-KINSEI 6 Running Shoes. Comfortable, better than Nike [yet to wear the vapormax, a friend should be getting it for me from UK]

How are Mizuno, any of you have any experience? It is available at Myntra.

I think I will go in for a Reebok again. The Harmony Road by them is one of the most comfortable pair of shoe I have worn. Asics too is pretty good.
Old 8th August 2017, 00:50   #390
BHPian

Was looking for some driving friendly shoes. Several articles are there like these ones for the top shoes recommended for driving:

http://www.carcrushing.com/15-driving-shoes/
http://www.caradvice.com.au/432774/d...driving-shoes/

After going through the options available in India, the Puma Drift Cat Series caught my eye. Puma make dedicated motorsport boots that are FIA approved should you be venturing into competition territory. The standard race-inspired Puma casual is as close to an authentic racing shoe as it comes – they’re just not fireproof. They have license with motorsport brands like Ferrari, BMW and Mercedes. Finally bought this one considering design & discount available:

https://in.puma.com/bmw-ms-drift-cat...ort-shoes.html

Product Shots:
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-dsc_0002001.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-dsc_0003001.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-dsc_0010001.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-dsc_0007001.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-dsc_0011001.jpg

Initial Impressions

+Nice build quality & finishing.
+BMW branding is well integrated.
+Decent amount of padding.

-Not as comfortable as my Nike Air training shoe.
-Fits a bit tight, will see if it loosens up a bit.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks