Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 10th September 2018, 15:55   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Sought and I found... Trust the forum to have such a thread.
I am a function over form guy, and I dont mind that I do not have the latest adidas on. I always buy my sports shoes from Zirakpur and Gajraula, the factory outlets. They are last season, but so what?

The best shoes I have ever had were a pair of skechers I bought from zirakpur only because I liked the bumpf "Goga Pillars"
Good decision. With a 50% discount.
They were, by far, the most comfortable sneakers I have ever owned. They gave up just last month, so I am thinking about whether I should visit Shimla, or Kasauli.
Attached Images

mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 17:57   #407
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Had bought 2 Hush Puppies formal shoes (1 black,1 brown) earlier this month based on recommendations, since my last 4 pairs of Franco Leone couldn't even last 1 whole year.

The brown shoe I'm wearing today for the first time, is giving out a squeaky irritating noise while walking, never experienced something like this ever before. Has anyone experienced this before? Wonder if this squeaky noise will go away or not!

http://www.hushpuppies.in/hushpuppie...s-for-men.html
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 18:28   #408
BHPian

Ah just got Nike Vapormax few weeks back.

Shoes are awesome and they are kinda waterproof as per the salesman in showroom. But I find them rather fancy if I compare them with my pair of Adidas Ultraboost which are definitely the most comfortable shoes I ever had.
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20190112_174548.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20190112_174655.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 18:49   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Adidas Ultraboost which are definitely the most comfortable shoes I ever had.
Use them. You would realize they are more comfortable. Having extensively used airmax, gel quantum 360 (Asics) and of course Adidas, I will say in comfort Asics = Reebok (runtone, ultra8, jetfuse), > Nike > Adidas.
I used Ultraboost and their all terrains, all terrains were more comfortable but not like others.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 11:04   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a pair of Nike Mamba Rage as a sign of respect towards my all time favorite sportsman Kobe Bryant. Its a typical basketball shoe even though it is low-ankle so don't plan on doing anything else with it.

On the court the traction, heel-feel and feedback is fantastic. It is contoured towards the heel so that there is little to no sideways movement and it helps the legwork substantially. It is also light and flexible in the toe region. Light-weight and agile players can use this easily while the more heavier set people may need ankled shoes like Jordans. It adds about 1 inch to the height and is very low slung compared to most basketball shoes that feel like stilts. Like tyres, lower sidewalls create more stability and natural feel at fast motion.

Prices are quite reasonable these days for fully imported shoes, cost about 9k. It'll also help me get back to sports like the old days and nothing comes close to an hour of full court game when it comes to a nice workout.
dark.knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2019, 21:12   #411
Senior - BHPian

Are Red Tape shoes available outside of Red Tape exclusive stores? What kind of brick & mortar stores can I find them in - are they commonly available?
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 08:55   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Are Red Tape shoes available outside of Red Tape exclusive stores?
At Metro and Mochi, I think I have spotted at both these places.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 10:09   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Are Red Tape shoes available outside of Red Tape exclusive stores? What kind of brick & mortar stores can I find them in - are they commonly available?
Try Amazon if you are okay with buying shoes online. Red tape shoes follow standard size chart. And I think red tape has their own site as well for sales. Buying from Redtape, amazon or their exclusive stores will get you good discount as well. Not sure that will be the case if you get the same with other stores.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote