Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2018, 15:55   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Sought and I found... Trust the forum to have such a thread.
I am a function over form guy, and I dont mind that I do not have the latest adidas on. I always buy my sports shoes from Zirakpur and Gajraula, the factory outlets. They are last season, but so what?

The best shoes I have ever had were a pair of skechers I bought from zirakpur only because I liked the bumpf "Goga Pillars"
Good decision. With a 50% discount.
They were, by far, the most comfortable sneakers I have ever owned. They gave up just last month, so I am thinking about whether I should visit Shimla, or Kasauli.
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-91avgyfspal._ux395_.jpg  

mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 17:57   #407
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Had bought 2 Hush Puppies formal shoes (1 black,1 brown) earlier this month based on recommendations, since my last 4 pairs of Franco Leone couldn't even last 1 whole year.

The brown shoe I'm wearing today for the first time, is giving out a squeaky irritating noise while walking, never experienced something like this ever before. Has anyone experienced this before? Wonder if this squeaky noise will go away or not!

http://www.hushpuppies.in/hushpuppie...s-for-men.html
Old 22nd January 2019, 18:28   #408
BHPian

Ah just got Nike Vapormax few weeks back.

Shoes are awesome and they are kinda waterproof as per the salesman in showroom. But I find them rather fancy if I compare them with my pair of Adidas Ultraboost which are definitely the most comfortable shoes I ever had.
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20190112_174548.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20190112_174655.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2019, 18:49   #409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Adidas Ultraboost which are definitely the most comfortable shoes I ever had.
Use them. You would realize they are more comfortable. Having extensively used airmax, gel quantum 360 (Asics) and of course Adidas, I will say in comfort Asics = Reebok (runtone, ultra8, jetfuse), > Nike > Adidas.
I used Ultraboost and their all terrains, all terrains were more comfortable but not like others.
Old 8th February 2019, 11:04   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a pair of Nike Mamba Rage as a sign of respect towards my all time favorite sportsman Kobe Bryant. Its a typical basketball shoe even though it is low-ankle so don't plan on doing anything else with it.

On the court the traction, heel-feel and feedback is fantastic. It is contoured towards the heel so that there is little to no sideways movement and it helps the legwork substantially. It is also light and flexible in the toe region. Light-weight and agile players can use this easily while the more heavier set people may need ankled shoes like Jordans. It adds about 1 inch to the height and is very low slung compared to most basketball shoes that feel like stilts. Like tyres, lower sidewalls create more stability and natural feel at fast motion.

Prices are quite reasonable these days for fully imported shoes, cost about 9k. It'll also help me get back to sports like the old days and nothing comes close to an hour of full court game when it comes to a nice workout.
Old 25th April 2019, 21:12   #411
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Are Red Tape shoes available outside of Red Tape exclusive stores? What kind of brick & mortar stores can I find them in - are they commonly available?
Old 26th April 2019, 08:55   #412
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Are Red Tape shoes available outside of Red Tape exclusive stores?
At Metro and Mochi, I think I have spotted at both these places.
Old 26th April 2019, 10:09   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Are Red Tape shoes available outside of Red Tape exclusive stores? What kind of brick & mortar stores can I find them in - are they commonly available?
Try Amazon if you are okay with buying shoes online. Red tape shoes follow standard size chart. And I think red tape has their own site as well for sales. Buying from Redtape, amazon or their exclusive stores will get you good discount as well. Not sure that will be the case if you get the same with other stores.
Old 22nd March 2020, 16:17   #414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ah just got Nike Vapormax few weeks back.
How do you find it in comparison to the Ultraboost? I just love the feel of Ultraboost and my earlier airmax, seeing the sole of Vapormax, wanted to be sure of comfort prior to getting one.

Usage is ~12 hours [driving, walking, sitting idle].
Old 23rd March 2020, 18:01   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How do you find it in comparison to the Ultraboost? I just love the feel of Ultraboost and my earlier airmax, seeing the sole of Vapormax, wanted to be sure of comfort prior to getting one.

Usage is ~12 hours [driving, walking, sitting idle].
This is solely my experience and since I am kind of finicky about shoes I usually don't try much brands. I stick to Nike and Adidas with my daily/sports wear and Clarks/Cole Haan with formal wear. Regarding your query related to Ultraboost vs Nike now I am in a much better position to answer it as I have 3 pair of Vapormax vs 2 pair of Ultraboost.

If you are looking out for pure comfort you will get the same in Ultraboost be it running, walking, driving or sitting. Good the thread name didn't have Continental mentioned with Michelin and Pirelli as the sole of Ultraboost is of Continental rubber.

But if you are ready to manage with 80% percent comfort of Ultraboost and much better looking shoes I would suggest to pick Vapormax the reason why I have 3 of them. They look classy and different thanks to Nike design team they have always beaten Adidas from the day I started wearing these two brands (Nike Shox, Airmax, Adidas Bounce). I frequently check their outlets and whenever there is a discount or ongoing sale I grab them, my criteria is the best running series of either brand. The Vapormax in my earlier post were bought without discount as after looking them I was unable leave them.

If you ask me, Vapormax with its overall look and comfort justify its price range of 20k but Ultraboost even though competing in the same price bracket doesn't feel to be more than 15k. In case you are ok with Vapormax check if you can get the one with Black Red/Yellow combination I have in my initial post, that model is the best out of these and it is damn easy to clean. Even after off-road meets in all dust and sand it just require 2 wet wipes to regain its shine.

Refer below pic of my other Vapormax vs Ultraboost:
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-shoes.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 18:14   #416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you are looking out for pure comfort you will get the same in Ultraboost be it running, walking, driving or sitting. Good the thread name didn't have Continental mentioned with Michelin and Pirelli as the sole of Ultraboost is of Continental rubber.
Thank You for your response.

I am not much into formals, so, I mostly stick with sports shoes [denims plus casual shirts / polos]

I somehow found Asics Gel Kinsei 6 and Reebok Jetfuse to be more comfortable than my Adidas Running Ultra Boost ST Link or Nike Airmax. Haven't tried Vapormax and was skeptical.

I think I will give it a try, this is the color I am eyeing or will get black as I prefer not to wear too flashy colors.

One more thing I noticed, official websites do have sizes in decimals, I wear a US 9.5, other websites don't have that wide variety of size.

Thanks again .
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 18:16   #417
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I am a function over form guy, and I dont mind that I do not have the latest adidas on. I always buy my sports shoes from Zirakpur and Gajraula, the factory outlets. They are last season, but so what?
Kind of same. I buy all my shoes from Decathlon.
Though I'd love to give your zirakpur outlet a try, could you please provide me a name/location.
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 18:22   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Kind of same. I buy all my shoes from Decathlon.
Though I'd love to give your zirakpur outlet a try, could you please provide me a name/location.
Search on maps for Cosmo mall, zirakpur. It's now got asics, and Steve Madden and many other stores too.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 23:18   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One more thing I noticed, official websites do have sizes in decimals, I wear a US 9.5, other websites don't have that wide variety of size.

Yes Adidas and Nike online store have sizes in decimal and that is pretty good as even my size is between US 9-10 and 9.5 is the perfect size for me.

But this create confusion to me so I search for UK 9 size which is the best fit for me, sometimes the US combination with UK9 is US9.5 and sometimes it is 10.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 11:15   #420
Senior - BHPian

Picked up a couple of pairs of Oxford brogue dress shoes from Beckett Simonon in the USA. These are made on order shoes and takes three months for delivery commencing from the date of order. I had ordered in September and got delivery in December. Got these at a great price since there were some offers going on at the time. The colours I picked are tan and burgundy - some pics below. Must say that I am really happy with the quality and construction of the shoes. The feel long lasting and super comfortable to wear. It was a bit of a gamble without trying on the shoes, but overwhelmingly positive reviews on shoe blogs made me take the plunge. Happy I did!

Beckett Simonon is a young online brand based out of the USA, and they have received lot of rave reviews over the past three years or so for producing high quality leather shoes at a relatively affordable price point. These are all made of full grain (top grain) leather which is basically amongst the highest quality of leather available at this price point. The shoes are all blake stitched, which means that they can be resoled several times over, while the upper top grain leather is expected to last 10-12 years easily with the right kind of care and polishing, and timely resoling.
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img20191211wa0000.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img20191211wa0001.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img20191211wa0002.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img20191212wa0003.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img20191212wa0004.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 24th March 2020 at 11:28.
arindambasu13 is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks