Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 26th March 2020, 22:15   #421
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Had bought these Nike FS Lite Run 3 about 4yrs ago. Surprised they've lasted lasted this long. Certainly one of the most comfortable shoes that I've worn! Still wear these everyday in the gym.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-fs.jpg
Old 26th March 2020, 22:31   #422
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Cant wait for this stupid curfew to end so I can go out and buy this.

https://www.reebok.com/us/instapump-...es/FU9238.html
Old 18th June 2020, 18:00   #423
Senior - BHPian

Out goes the Asics Gel Phoenix 9 after serving me faithfully for around 4750 km and in comes the Asics Gel Cumulus 21 Knit. Got a very sweet deal during the Asics sale to boot.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-eayjfqoucaaa1ds.jpg

--Anoop
theexperthand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 15:23   #424

How did you manage 4750km out of these? I use nimbus and I also used a pair of cumulus. I think 1500km is the max that these shoes can last.
Old 29th June 2020, 03:42   #425
Senior - BHPian

Here is my "collection" at the moment. Coming to think of it, I bought all of them on sale at various times
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-shoes.jpg

From left to right:

Viking: I don't know what the model is called. This is basically my shoe for everyday use when it's cold or raining as it has a Gore-tex waterproof membrane. However, this also makes it very uncomfortable to wear in summer. I have had this shoe for 4 or 5 years now. The outsole and some other areas are showing signs of wear and tear, so I am looking for a replacement. I don't use it as a running shoe.

Nike Zoom Pegasus 35: My most-used pair of running shoes so far, nearing a 1000km now. Unsurprisingly, the outsole has lot of wear. However, it is still comfortable and the rest of the shoe is holding up very well.

Reebok Forever Floatride Energy: Bought this shoe after hearing glowing reviews on YouTube and also in various sites for being a great value for money shoe. I have about 450km in it now. I recently did a marathon distance run in it and it was quite comfortable over that distance, in terms of the cushioning. However, the materials around ankle are showing signs of wear, so much so that it is beginning to hurt my feet a bit on longer runs, if I try to wear it as I like it - tight and secure. This shoe was originally priced at about 20 less than the Pegasus 35, and I think the difference in quality of materials is quite evident. However, I bought this at almost the same price as the Nike (after discounts on both), so for me personally the Nike has been much more VFM.

New Balance Flash RN2: Probably my most "paisa vasool" running shoe. It's the cheapest of the lot, but has lasted more than 900km so far. Predictably, outsole is wearing down. In terms of cushioning, it didn't have much from the beginning. I use this shoe when I am going out for a run with no time or pace targets in mind.

New Balance 890v6: This one is almost an year old now, but has been used for less than 50km. It will replace the Nike in due course.

Reebok Forever Floatride Energy 2.0: It has the same great reviews as the previous version and I bought it before I started having problems with the first version of the shoe. I hope the build quality is better in this version. This shoe is unused as of now. I will use it to replace the other Reebok shoe when it starts to become too uncomfortable.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 12:57   #426
BHPian

Has anybody ordered their shoes directly from Nike.in? If yes, then how was the experience?
Old 18th August 2020, 13:06   #427
BHPian

Using Fila running shoes for 2 years now for all things outdoorsy and they are very comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-untitledmyn.png  

Old 8th October 2020, 22:26   #428
BHPian

Well we can have Michelin, Yokohama or MRF footwear with a little DIY like this.

Most Viewed