Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 00:31   #241
BHPian

Hi Kaushik, those clip ons were added for the snow last winter, old photo; if I wear these normally then would run the risk of a public beating thinking I am one more of those bsnl guys trying to dig up a newly tarred road
Old 11th November 2010, 11:32   #242
BHPian

Guys planning to buy Nike Free running shoes ,where is the best place to buy in SYDNEY online or in store and i am looking at discount sales...please advice
Old 3rd December 2010, 16:16   #243
Team-BHP Support

Got these shoes last week.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-pb305629.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-pb305630.jpg
Old 12th January 2011, 02:01   #244
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread.

I have been wearing Red Tapes ( for office/formal wear) for last 4 years but my latest one which I bought last August is not as good, I think the overall quality is going down of Red Tape shoes. Will consider a different brand this time, suggestions welcome.

Other than that I have a Converse, a whitle Lotto and just added a Puma Duacti this weekend, got it at a cool 40% off. Puma's upto 60% sale on
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-product634223960912276557.jpg  

Old 18th January 2011, 12:14   #245
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread.

recently aquired Aquila CADBY shoes ,very comfortable and neat looking...
http://www.aquila.com.au/online-shop/cadby.html
Old 18th January 2011, 14:50   #246
BHPian

Got these yesterday from Reliance footprint store :

http://images.yebhi.com/upload/24818...2560412563.jpg

Very comfortable shoes.
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:10   #247
Senior - BHPian

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

I am getting a DC Shoes Ken Block Pure Sneakers and Reebok Zig Pulse early next month (when my sis arrives from Canada). Plus a Jordan too, but not sure of the model. Anyone using a Jordan and DC? I am a first timer with both these brands. What's you views?

EDIT: The current line-up is a Rbk Pump, couple of I.Ds (they rock for driving), a Caterpillar and a Woodland.
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-reebokzigpulse.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-kb1.jpg

P.S: Couldn't find a thread on the topic hence starting one. Please merge if one already exist. Thanks.

Last edited by Scorcher : 22nd March 2011 at 22:20.
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:26   #248
AWD
BHPian

Re: Which Shoes/Sneakers/Loafers Do You Own?

Guess a similar thread already exists. Btw, the Reebok in the pics. looks really weird & an eye sore.

I recently went nuts with shoe purchases, bought two Pumas, one Reebok, two Carltons, one Egle, one Florsheim, one Red tape.

Now waiting for Nike Air max or Asics.

Last edited by AWD : 22nd March 2011 at 22:28.
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:32   #249
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Shoes/Sneakers/Loafers Do You Own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Guess a similar thread already exists. Btw, the Reebok in the pics. looks really weird & an eye sore.

I recently went nuts with shoe purchases, bought two Pumas, one Reebok, two Carltons, one Egle, one Florsheim, one Red tape.

Now waiting for Nike Air max or Asics.
I couldn't find the thread on searching. Please share the link.

I find the Rbk Zig quite funky Lets wait and see, they have already been bought so no point in complaining now.

I have a Red Tape too, forgot to add in the initial post.
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:24   #250
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I am getting a DC Shoes Ken Block Pure Sneakers and Reebok Zig Pulse early next month (when my sis arrives from Canada). Plus a Jordan too, but not sure of the model. Anyone using a Jordan and DC? I am a first timer with both these brands. What's you views?

EDIT: The current line-up is a Rbk Pump, couple of I.Ds (they rock for driving), a Caterpillar and a Woodland.

P.S: Couldn't find a thread on the topic hence starting one. Please merge if one already exist. Thanks.
I was really big on basketball shoes for a while - not so much now. Loved wearing and1's Not so much a fan of Reebok.

Skate shoes are cool and the DC's look really sweet. Really comfy to wear as well!
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:04   #251
Team-BHP Support

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

check this one out.

GIMME TUNES HIGH HEEL SHOE SPEAKERS - RED
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:20   #252
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Been using a pair of Nike AIR ACG - all condition gear, for normal everyday running about, exercising, cycling etc for some 5-6 years now. Replacement required only once every 2 years or so.
Got a lovely pair of Merrell Walking shoes (slightly formal ish looking sports shoes which go well with Khakis) - excellent shoes for comfort.
Also recently picked a pair of high quality, extreme lightweight Quechua walking shoes from Decathlon. Very inexpensive indeed at 1999/- - extreme VFM.

Last but not least I recently got a pair of Smart Casual Leather SKECHERS SHAPE UPS. These are extremely comfy and are amazing because they help you to get fit and shape up while walking in normal circumstances. Their soles are specially designed so that every time you take a walk you give your calves, thighs and tummy a work out because it feels like you're walking on sand. It also improves the posture and helps the lower back. They cost a pretty penny but in my mind I can feel the difference so they are worth it.
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:18   #253
Team-BHP Support

I recently got Reebok Trail running shoes.
This was my second pair in the series.
The first one I purchased from the US for 40$, and it has an AT tread pattern.
Due to trekking, walking, and basically using the hell out of the shoe, the old shoe sole had totally gone bald, like old tires, and now even rubber was coming off.
But not once did the adhesive which holds the two part sole together even showed a sign of coming lose.

Finally, I had to purchase new all purpose shoes, and due to such wonderful experience, I thought I will look for same tread.

After lot of search I found one, and it was very similar to the one I got from US. Cost was higher(3000), but then shoes are more expensive in India.

After 1 month, the sole started coming off from front.
Gave it to a reebok showroom, and they refixed the adhesive.

2 months later, the sole came off from the middle, and the entire adhesive started giving away.

so that can mean only one thing. Reebok shoes in India are of inferior quality. Flea market sneakers last longer than 3 months.

I feel that Reebok is actually getting factory seconds or QC failed stuff to India.

Look at the pic!
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-reebok.jpg
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:43   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

I feel that Reebok is actually getting factory seconds or QC failed stuff to India.

Look at the pic!
Attachment 521967
I had the same experience with Adidas and stopped buying it. In my opinion, Nike is much better than Reebok and Adidas.

I am currently using Puma shoes and it is very good. Puma apparel is not good - The fit and finish is pathetic and it started fading soon.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 23rd March 2011 at 11:44.
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:55   #255
Senior - BHPian

I personally feel the brands found in Bata stores (Bata/Power/Hush Puppies/Weinbrunner) offer more value for a lot less money than Reebok/adidas. I exchanged some cc reward points for a pair of RBK shoes and floaters some time back, but find my Hush Puppies shoes much better. Even my Power floaters (Rs 400) feel as good on the feet as the RBK floaters (Rs 1400).

Last edited by Gansan : 23rd March 2011 at 11:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks