Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2014, 13:08   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
These particular ones from Prince are tennis shoes but you are correct, same idea as basketball shoes, ankle support. They make good light boots, sort of.

Speaking of boots, anybody selling, making, good light boots in India, Delhi? Boots suitable for light or heavier trekking?
Check out decathlon or its resellers. They make high ankle boots (tsk1979 bought a forclaz one couple of years back, but it had a look similar to leather shoes and not sports shoes) suitable for trekking as well.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:21   #332
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Hey, can anybody recommend a good men's sport shoe store in Delhi or Chandigarh?

"Good" means a big place with lots of shoes to choose from, not one of these 10 foot by 10 holes in the wall. I would like to walk into a big place that has hundreds of shoes displayed and lots of shoe sizes in stock. The first one of you guys who says the acursed word "Jabong" loses a spheroid!

I am particularly interested in sport shoes or basketball shoes with a high rise.
I recently went to a mall called - Elante in Chandigarh. I presume, its among the biggest shopping complexes in North India. So chances are you may get what you want here. You can check for all the brands that have a presence in the mall here: http://www.lntrealty.com/images/proj...all/Brands.pdf
Old 28th September 2014, 21:16   #333
Team-BHP Support

A heads up. Tried the Adidas Spring blade as well as Reebok Jetfuse. Save for Adidas's sci-fic look, the Jetfuse is a superior shoe as far as comfort goes. And they are priced 5k apart, with Adidas costing 15-18k (depends on taxes) and Jetfuse is pegged at 13k.

I will try the flyknit and if there is not a significant advantage, I think I will switch over to Reebok.

I have read at many places that Nike makes very comfortable shoes, but in my books, it is Reebok. I am currently wearing the 2014 Airmax and the Runtone and Ultra8 from Reebok were more comfortable. Had a 2013 Airmax too, but it got stolen.

I use my shoes not to run/jog etc, but I do wear them everyday, for 12+ hours and rate it that way.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th September 2014 at 21:24.
Old 28th September 2014, 21:23   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have read at many places that Nike makes very comfortable shoes, but in my books, it is Reebok. I am currently wearing the 2014 Airmax and the Runtone and Ultra8 from Reebok were more comfortable. Had a 2013 Airmax too, but it got stolen.
I agree.
In my experience Reebok is most durable and comfortable. Then Nike and PUMA. Adidas are the worst ones.
Old 1st October 2014, 15:34   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Speaking of boots, anybody selling, making, good light boots in India, Delhi? Boots suitable for light or heavier trekking?
Palladium Boots

I don't think they are available in stores in India yet; but they have light weight durable, water proof ones.

I can see them on ebay and here. Including shipping cost; it might land in 6K-7K range. Just a guess, as I haven't purchased them online. I have used them, and found them to good. Usage was for trail walks.

If you have someone in US; you could have them shipped they are light weight.
Old 6th November 2014, 10:30   #336
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Which are the best boots for walking over ice sheets? I am particularly looking for good grip levels.

I have heard that Salomon Hiking Shoes are good. Any inputs regarding the same?
Old 11th November 2014, 14:27   #337
BHPian

Just got these Dr martens what do you have to say guys
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20141110_162048.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20141110_161508.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20141110_161455.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20141110_161447.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20141110_161416.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20141110_161431.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20141110_161535.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20141110_161528.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20141110_161515.jpg  

aadithsince1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 15:47   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
Just got these Dr martens what do you have to say guys
Very cool I picked up a pair of Geox Amphibiox (supposedly waterproof/resistant) during my last trip.
Gave me blisters at the heel during my breaking in, then put some vaseline to soften the leather inside and they are supremely comfortable now. And yes, unlike some reviews on the net, they have kept my feet dry while walking through a couple of inches of water. This model in Brown

http://amphibiox.geox.com/amphibiox2.../chester-high/
Old 26th November 2014, 19:50   #339
BHPian

Has anybody bought the Kanlenji shoes from Decathlon? Any review about these shoes will be highly appreciated.
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:13   #340
BHPian

Looking for an alternative to the classic Timberland 3-eye boat shoes.

I'm a big fan of such shoes wherein my first pair was from Woodland in 1996. Unfortunately the production of boat shoes by Woodland were stopped by 2007! I do not find them anymore. Even a google search would not pull this image. The only reference that I could give about this shoe is that it was worn by famous Tamil actor Ajith Kumar in the movie Amarkalam!

For the last couple of years, I have been using the classic 3-eye Timberland boat shoes and what I found was that the quality is not what it used to be! I needed a pair recently and once again I bought the 3-eye Timberland classic, the reason being that I was not able to find a replica from any of the other brands. Could anyone let me know of an alternative? I might consider it for the next time!

EDIT: I just found this site that lists all the available Boat shoes!

http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/boa...-history-care/

Last edited by joe1980 : 22nd December 2014 at 19:37.
Old 22nd December 2014, 23:41   #341
BHPian

Sorry to chain my post! I came across this pair of shoes that is very much to my liking but it is damn expensive!

http://www.quoddy.com/collections/me...ucts/tukabuk-1

Anyone using this already?
Old 23rd December 2014, 07:55   #342
Team-BHP Support

A goodwill gesture from Nike.

My Airmax 2014 had developed a crack (superficial) and the 6 month warranty got over around 3+ months back. An e-mail to the customer care with picture & scanned copy of bill was good for a replacement.
Old 5th January 2015, 23:02   #343
BHPian

I was in the market to get myself a good pair of boots that would be rugged and last long. I came across this American brand called Red Wing and I liked their Heritage boot, the 875 in Oro-Legacy leather with a Goodyear welt construction!

http://www.redwingheritage.com/USD/p...rown-875-00875

The beauty of this shoe is that it will last forever excepting the sole which can be re-soled! This actually is a work boot, but it looks damn good as a casual wear. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a decent boot shoes. With Red Wing keep in mind that you have to go down a half to full size down as these shoes run big.
Old 5th January 2015, 23:42   #344
Team-BHP Support

Anyone ever bought shoes from Style Shoes in Lajpat Nagar (Delhi) ? They basically sell non branded stuff, or their inhouse brands. Worth a dekho for that fourth or fifth pair of loafers that you wear once in two months.

Last edited by Eddy : 6th January 2015 at 09:47.
Old 6th January 2015, 08:34   #345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Anyone ever bought shoes from Style Shoes in Lajpat Nagar ? They basically sell non branded stuff, or their inhouse brands. Worth a dekho for that fourth or fifth pair of loafers that you wear once in two months.
Yes, I have. Way back in 2004-2005-2006 period. They were good, especially the designs were good.

Unsure of as to how it is now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks