Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2019, 19:27   #1
BHPian

Your New Year 2020 automotive resolutions?

This is it! 2019's come to an end and it's that time of erm- year where we all make a bunch of resolutions that go broken. But it's good to motivate ourselves with them anyway, what say?

So let's go through the drill once again, but with a slight twist this time round. What are the things that you want to accomplish by the end of New Year 2020, that concerns your favourite automobile(s) in question?

I'll start first, I will-

• Get my driving license after the Boards.

• Go on a road trip to Dhanushkodi.

• Get a used/new 125-150cc motorcycle and learn riding it.

• Fix my unused Btwin Rockrider 340- as a DIY maybe.

Your New Year 2020 automotive resolutions?-img_20191231_191738.jpg

2019 was a tough year, but I learned plenty of stuff. Well, more so from TBHP than actual school itself

Here's to an awesome new year for all of us BHPians, good luck and Happy New Year!!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 23:36   #2
BHPian

re: Your New Year 2020 automotive resolutions?

My new year resolution is to push my dad to restore our 12 year old Honda City as it needs major work now such as suspension overhaul, replacement of rubber beadings, re painting and interior detailing and replacement of ignition coils.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 15:55   #3
BHPian

Re: Your New Year 2020 automotive resolutions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
My new year resolution is to push my dad to restore our 12 year old Honda City as it needs major work now such as suspension overhaul, replacement of rubber beadings, re painting and interior detailing and replacement of ignition coils.
Is it the 2nd gen "Dolphin" city?
Old 1st January 2020, 16:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

No resolutions, just let the experience gained from 2019 serve us all to be a better drivers/riders; drive/ride safe, stay focused when at the wheel, don't get distracted with gadgets and stay away from answering calls even over the blue tooth when overwhelmed with traffic and driving spiritedly. Let's all be safe and defensive drivers and riders and reach our destinations safely & take time out to enjoy the drive/ride.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 19:18   #5
BHPian

Not much into the whole concept of New year Resolutions. But if I had to make one it would just be driving my Swift and riding my Bullet as much as I can and put up as many kilometers as possible.
Skyline_GT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:30   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I thought I'd get my 5-Series remapped in 2020, but as luck would have it, she visited the shop for some other work and I got it done in 2019 itself. Am enjoying the 310 BHP & 650 Nm.

Am going to have a lot of fun this year with all the new expected launches. No weekend quite like one where you take a brand new launch on the highway.

I guess my major resolution is to get the Jeep stripped down & completely overhauled. Maybe this year, maybe the next. It's now almost a decade since I last got her major body work done, but it's held up really well thanks to Wurth anti-rust coating. There is rust, albeit it's quite limited.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

While I do not make any New Year resolutions as such, however do intend to drive more this year. Just got myself a Honda City iVTEC last year and it has only managed to do 7000 kms, most of it within the city. The couple of times that I have managed to get her out on the highway, the sweet engine has been a revelation. Thus, I intend to do this more often - clock a whole lot of kilometers and enjoy the car the way it is meant to be.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:49   #8
Team-BHP Support

I don't make any new year resolutions let alone anything specific to my automotive madness. This year I hope I don't buy any car, car accessory, riding gear, car wax, washing liquids, etc etc. Save myself the $$$ and use that money better
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:25   #9
BHPian

Resolution: To keep my cool around high beamers, traffic rule violators and people with no civic sense while driving. I used to honk continuously at them to release my frustration or do an eye-for-an-eye to the high beamers. This year I am going to control myself as much as possible.
Bucket list: 1. Improve the lighting of my car. Low beams are 25W HIDs and their intensity is lower than what I am comfortable with. Will change them to 35W.
2. Install bixenon auxiliary driving lights(sealed projectors) to aid the low beams on the unlit highways of my state.

Wish you all Team Bhpians a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Drive Safe

Last edited by Prakritij : 2nd January 2020 at 10:27.
Prakritij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Is it the 2nd gen "Dolphin" city?
Yes the facelifted second generation is City Zx . It is the 10th anniversary edition.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:57   #11
BHPian

A very happy new year to everyone!

These are not resolutions but things I would like to do more of in 2020:

1. Use my TB500 more often. Once I was alotted car parking at work, I haven't used my bike at all. I just manage to ensure that the battery is fully charged and it is cleaned. I would definitely want to use it more often. Maybe even the elusive breakfast ride that I have been wanting to do on weekends.

2. Change the upholstery in my Creta. Thinking of leather but will take a call based on other expenses. The quote I received for Napa leather was 50,000.

3. Take care of our cars better. While we manage to vacuum the cars once a fortnight, the exterior is mostly missed. I only manage to see the original colour of the cars once a month . This is largely because of sheer laziness to do anything on the weekends we are at home.

4. Other than the upholstery, I don't plan to spend any money on accessories/ upgrading the Creta. Thankfully the car is in perfect condition and just needs its annual service; which is due in April.

5. My wife and I used to go on many road trips until about 2 years ago. While we managed to do a few in 2019, I would really like to do a whole lot more this year. My son is also almost 6 and I am sure he will have a lot of fun.

6. I want to change the headlights on our Grand i10 to HID. I did it on the Creta and it makes a world of difference. My wife does not want to spend the money as it is mostly a city car but I feel otherwise. This one is minor, but I would like to do it in the next month or so.

7. Lastly, I want to participate in at least one team-bhp meet. I have been reading the threads for many years and have always wanted to be a part of one. It has not happened for far too many reasons. Hopefully, this is the year to break that jinx.

Happy motoring everyone.

Parikshith
parik_ind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:30   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, my #1 Resolution would be to STOP spending money on cars.

I will try hard to spend ZERO $$$, unless absolutely necessary (Read: Not regular maintenance) on cars this year, and reevaluate my garage next year.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:43   #13
Team-BHP Support

2019 ended on a good note. So there is only automotive resolution for 2020 - drive more and explore exotic roads!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parik_ind View Post
7. Lastly, I want to participate in at least one team-bhp meet. I have been reading the threads for many years and have always wanted to be a part of one. It has not happened for far too many reasons. Hopefully, this is the year to break that jinx.
I wasnt gonna make any resolutions, but the above one is really good!

I have been a part of the forum for a few years now, but have never met any Team-BHPian! Partly because of my work commitments, but I have make a career change now.

Hope to achieve this!
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:16   #15
BHPian

My 2020 automotive resolution would be to have more long drives and outings with my 2018 Ecosport. For the first 6 months after purchase, I visited lot of places with the car, but then the long drives kind of dried out among other life activities. Need to get behind the wheel and on the road more often!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks