Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2011, 11:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Spark got into a hit-and-run accident .. :(

Mad Max, sorry to hear about the incident.
I just checked a few regn numbers at BTIS - Bangalore Transport Information System
KA02Z8054 is listed as a Hyundai Santro. I don't know if an i10 is listed as an i10 or a Santro. You never know with the RTO guys. It says engine number is G4 and chassis number is MALAB51.
Might want to give it a shot!
Old 24th April 2011, 11:21   #17
BANNED

What a terrible evening!! My sympathies with you.

An FIR is registered only if there is personal injury. If there is no major damage to the car that requires tinkering it is pointless waste of time to even go the police. And even if you damage the car - so what? will Insurance process your claim only after a police report? Not really required.

--Ragul
Old 24th April 2011, 11:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
We (the wife, the kid - 7 months and I) were driving about yesterday. There were torrential rains near MG Road area and so we decided to get out of there quickly and get back home near Sarjapur road. We took the road nearby Lemongrass restaurant to head towards the ORR - SJP area. The corner was flooded with atleast two feet of water and so everyone was driving carefully.

Since the right side has a little bit less water, everyone was slowly going through the motions. I was behind a Sumo (from IBM) and was stopped. A car came from the left side and whacked us right into the Sumo in front of us. Luckily the kid was in my wife's arms and so he got saved. She hit her face on him and sustained a minor bruise on her lip.

Within seconds, the driver who hit us, immediately backed-up his car and fled the scene of the accident. I tried to catch him and I drove to the HSR layout junction and couldn't find him. The IBM Sumo guy thought I was fleeing the scene and came up and started to flay his arms. I just didn't bother (I could've subdued him but had a crying kid and a freaked out wife in the car). Luckily a policeman appeared and after explaining to him, he let me go with a warning to the cab driver to behave himself. In the middle of all this, the cab driver took my mobile and left. I had to call him and then the employee in the cab finally convinced the driver to give it to me. So I drove to the ORR Hyundai showroom and then got it from him.

Then i noticed that the tire was flat. So I got around to the Tyre World place right by the junction where he helped me put on the spare.

I am livid that the guy who started all this escaped and I am here trying to get things in order. If I may request for a few things

1. I remember that the ending number of the fleeing car is 8054 (I am not totally sure) and its a Hyundai i10 and its red in color. That much I know. If any of you come across a car who's got a front right side crash thats recent and is a red car, can you please inform me?

2. May I please know approximate costs for the following? a) rear wheel, b) rear tire c) rear bumper

Thank you for helping out a fellow T-Bhpian. Please don't go out of your way for any of these requests. Just inform me please. Who knows what kinda crackhead is driving that car.
Hi Dear, Sorry for that mishap you encountered and thank god for no one got injured in that,.
Now getting to that joker who ran away after that incident is not very difficult, if you have ending nos , colour of the ca, make of that car, ask police to get the details from RTO about that car, the RTO will gom through their data and check out all cars ending with that nos. Since it is i10 then this car is not very old , Dont worry you will get him. Regards...
Old 24th April 2011, 11:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Mad Max, sorry to hear about the incident.
I just checked a few regn numbers at BTIS - Bangalore Transport Information System
KA02Z8054 is listed as a Hyundai Santro. I don't know if an i10 is listed as an i10 or a Santro. You never know with the RTO guys. It says engine number is G4 and chassis number is MALAB51.
Might want to give it a shot!
BTIS site is not updated with the latest vehicles details. just for the details of my neighbours 6 months old i10 and it was not able to find the information. Madmax as you already know the vehicle as a red Hyundai i10 and the four digits of reg number also, is it possible to get the details from a hyundai showroom. Any BHPian who knows a friendly executive in a hyundai showroom can help. Just my 2 cents
Old 24th April 2011, 12:00   #20
BHPian

^^ Yes. It's not upto-date. Our Zen which we bought 5 months ago and changed ownership in RTO, still shows in the previous owner's name, in this website.

I find the SMS system more upto-date and gives latest info. But it costs Rs.3/- per SMS.
Old 24th April 2011, 12:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Madmax, sorry to hear about the accident.

As suggested by bblost, please get a child seat ASAP. As a matter of safety, children should never be seated on the front seat. Also from your statement "Luckily the kid was in my wife's arms and so he got saved. She hit her face on him and sustained a minor bruise on her lip." I would presume, your wife wasn't belted either.

Please ensure all occupants in the front seat are belted at all times howsoever small distance it might be.

Wish your wife and child a fast recovery.

Drive Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Sadly this type of system is not available in India as per my information but it is there in other foreign countries.
Now a days all RTO's have the registration search option online.
Old 24th April 2011, 18:59   #22
BHPian

I had a similar problem.

The police will refuse to give you an FIR.

They will give you an "acknowledgement".

Your Insurance Vendor will agree to reimburse the cost, but you will lose your no claim discount.

If you insist that the police register the FIR, they will insist the car be held in their custody until the case comes to court.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
1. I remember that the ending number of the fleeing car is 8054 (I am not totally sure) and its a Hyundai i10 and its red in color. That much I know. If any of you come across a car who's got a front right side crash thats recent and is a red car, can you please inform me?

Try to post it on your local traffic police facebook page.
Heard that its helpful.
(At least the pune traffic page is quite active.)
Old 2nd May 2011, 22:29   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
Try to post it on your local traffic police facebook page.
Heard that its helpful.
(At least the pune traffic page is quite active.)

Like I said .. locating that car and driver is not going to help in any ways. After that what? He will burst into tears and accept his guilt and offer to refund you for your troubles?

--Ragul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks