Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2006, 17:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The law see's it in differently Gordon.
At that moment, no one would be bothered about the law. One would only be bothered about whether to brake or not to.

Quote:
It's completely different man.. It's obviously worth taking the risk to save a human being cause it may also be that it's your fault that you're speeding..
And quite frankly i would like to live with the guilt of killing a animal for my own fault cause i don wanna risk my life or the person with me..
Its no different. The similarity is that if you try to avoid, you and several others with you will be in harm's way, not to mention the vehicle's behind you that would run into you once you brake. And if you don't avoid and ram straight, only one would be dead. In fact, trying to save that one guy can lead in killing a lot of people. So, it's obviously NOT worth taking the risk to save a human being and putting several human beings into danger.
Old 23rd January 2006, 17:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Don't get me wrong on this. It was just a thought that we could ponder upon.

It, of course, depends on the situation. If there is a chance to avoid a person or animal, do it! But in situations like the Expressway or other highways, where there are sooo many people at high speeds behind you, you'll have to be very careful about your decision.

When you have the chance, it is totally unacceptable to not brake and honk if there is an animal or person in front of you and you go over it. Its crap. If there is no one behind you, you can always slam the brakes, instead of killing the animal. Problem is, time will be too short to check for anything.

Would I brake?! My answer: I would brake if there is a person in front of me. But it'll be very dangerous and something that I may regret later.

Coming to the topic. I pray that the guy recovers soon and gets in good shape. As for the car, I've always shuddered at the thought of a supercar being airborne or flipping and the person inside being subjected to all that force and damage.

Last edited by Gordon : 23rd January 2006 at 18:07.
Old 23rd January 2006, 19:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

too bad... why dont people restrict racing to the tracks? when there is a track event arranged for such a specific purpose, people ditch... all some nutcases wanna do is grab attention and in the process maime or kill some innocent victim...

thank God no one else was injured.... Thank God this guy is not seriously injured... he has hopefully now learnt and will educate others....

too bad about the car... btw anyone knows what speed he was doing? and how or is he at all liable for any insurance claims...?
Old 23rd January 2006, 19:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Screw the Ferrari, I hope the dude is ok.

All you guys shouting oh no Ferrari gone, think about it. What if it was someone close to you?

I can't really blame him. They're meant to be driven that way. This was just a one-off freak accident that you can't blame anyone for.
Old 23rd January 2006, 20:13   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Screw the Ferrari, I hope the dude is ok.

All you guys shouting oh no Ferrari gone, think about it. What if it was someone close to you?

I can't really blame him. They're meant to be driven that way. This was just a one-off freak accident that you can't blame anyone for.
Well said, v1p3r!! Besides no one knows for sure if he was speeding at all... Ask any Team-BHPian, even when we spotted him he was driving in a very sane fashion. Things just happen sometimes and also ask any Team-BHPian how dangerous ECR has become... Maatvandi (bullock cart) blocking one side for no reason at all for over an hour) and what not. Also, I made a typing error, it was Saturday (and like I said I really didnt pay attention to MotorMom when I first heard of this tragic accident).

Niether am I his defense lawyer nor am I saying this because my family knows him... I've met him only twice or thrice when he came to our place is all... I only state the truth.

Someone else was saying he hit a stationery fuel tanker, but I doubt that... At least the Fuel Tanker would've exploded.
Old 23rd January 2006, 20:25   #36
Team-BHP Support

BTW,another problem with mid engined cars is the sudden weight transfer which catches people out. You need to brake early progressively else the weight transfer rapidly very quickly unlike a front engined car where most of the weight is on the front wheels - very difficult to remember in a reactive situ
Old 23rd January 2006, 21:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Car catching fire is inexcusible. I've seen horrific head on collisions between 2 regular cars where they didnt catch fire (imagine the friction generated by 2 cars made out of metal).

Here, he hit a tree !! I think the Ferrari has a fuel tank in the front and that might have been the problem.
Old 23rd January 2006, 21:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Do you know that the Fiesta has a "dog bar" behind it bumper? This was 'Made for India' thingy. The Ford guy said he knw abt Indian roads and this doggy problem and hence the Fiestas get these bar. Shhh.... dont tell M. Gandhi!
Old 23rd January 2006, 21:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
Well said, v1p3r!! ................................. would've exploded.
I second that.
Lets hope for persons speedy recovery.
Boombastic will keep us updated on progress
as for incidence, may be after we can get little more details we might come to some sorta conclusion.
Old 24th January 2006, 10:57   #40
BHPian

I was riding by on this road on saturday morning when i saw the ferrari on the side of the road about to be towed. Stopped to take a couple of pictures. Not great quality but you get an idea of the damage.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th January 2006 at 12:25.
Old 24th January 2006, 11:43   #41
BANNED

Gang, my brother went to visit him at the hospital, but was not allowed to meet him as he is still in a critical stage and visitors could bring in infections. Motormom spoke to this guy's mom too and she (his mom) asked MotorMom to pray for him... Let's all just hope he recovers soon... I mean he has small kids and is just 37-38 himself. According to MotorMom, this guy's mom is one of the sweetest and kindest person one could know... I really feel bad for what she must be going through and pray that all is good for them soon.

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 24th January 2006 at 11:57.
Old 24th January 2006, 11:44   #42
BHPian

60% burns is really worrying... hope he is out of danger by now.
ECR is no more a motorist paradise, though i agree that the road is well laid, the entire stretch is commercially exploited atleast till mutukadu and there is constant movement of pedastrians and stray animals...secondly its just a two lane road... one for each way. it is not at all advisable for high speed motoring stunts..
Old 24th January 2006, 12:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

good that the 360 driver was saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I love animals, but out on the road, its always advisable not to try and panic brake or swerve around them as more often than not, it leads to disastrous consequences.

Ofcourse, this would depend on the animal as well. If an elephant is in your lane, I would suggest taking avoiding action!

hahah... .but if cant see an elephant on teh road ..then you shouldnt be driving at all .....

abt animals ...even a dog can cause serious damage to the car at high speeds ...

when in delhi i had taught this dog a good lesson ...heheheh .. i was doing about 120 in a pre-v2 indica ....i saw this dog group playing on the bhatinda-hissar highway ... i braked ...downshifted..but did not know what to do ...as so many dogs running around ...hahhahaha...finally i did purposely hit one dawg at mbbe 10-20 kph .....hehheheh tha manner in which it just ran away was like ..hahhahah ..henceforth that particular dog will always remember not to play on the road and to look in both directions before crossing the road..

Last edited by speedsatya : 24th January 2006 at 12:24.
Old 24th January 2006, 12:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the update on his condition Boombastic. I really hope he comes out of this soon. We the Support staff and all the members at Team BHP pray for his speedy recovery.
Old 24th January 2006, 12:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Here, he hit a tree !! I think the Ferrari has a fuel tank in the front and that might have been the problem.
All the fire's around the mid-mounted engine, no burn marks in front on the pics....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks