Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2006, 18:00   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod
The DND can get bad as well - I've seen a chap parked in the right lane talking on his cell phone - two Call Centre Qualises parked side by side and the drivers talking to each other - on a freaking 'Flyway' (as they call it) !
People coming up the onramps the wrong way ! - sometimes it's just so frustrating.

zaphod

This is a common view in Pune with two wheelerists.
When inform about this, they yell at you saying "At least I have stopped"
Old 28th January 2006, 20:40   #77
Senior - BHPian

Daaaayam.......I return after a week and this is what I hear!!!!

Poor chap, I wish he recovers quickly.

Its the same with many italian cars, a similar incident has happened even with a Enzo I think and various other ferraris and Murcielagos.
Old 28th January 2006, 21:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the same with many italian cars, a similar incident has happened even with a Enzo I think and various other ferraris and Murcielagos.
What??? Italians cars are prone to crash,huh??
Old 28th January 2006, 22:08   #79
BHPian

i think he meant the italians are prone to catching fire...i also remember reading abt quite a few italian exotics going down this way...
i think the fault isnt in the design. the vehicle is travelling at such speeds that at the time of the impact, the friction produced is so much that it ignites the fuel and results in a fire...also the car has been hit in the left rear end. may be burst a cylinder or two from the damn 8?
i may not be right about the above theory....just my 0.00002 cents...

and what abt the ferrari owner? how is he?

also how many of you felt like crying after seeing the carnage? i know i for one did....
Old 29th January 2006, 00:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also the car has been hit in the left rear end. may be burst a cylinder or two from the damn 8?
Ha ha. Those are engine cylinders, not LPG cylinders.

Ferraris, Lamborghinis,etc. are made to be driven fast.They're known to have the lowest Centre of gravity and a wide track.No one here knows what exactly happened during the crash.But, one things for sure. The fuel lines burst in the impact with the roadside tree at 'God knows' speed.
Old 29th January 2006, 09:42   #81
Senior - BHPian

My freind said he heard they were doing above 200 when the crash happened.......they might have slowed down considerably when the car was skidding, but still they would have been at high speeds during the crash.....
Old 29th January 2006, 13:11   #82
Senior - BHPian

Offtopic:I apologise to everyone on the forum who has felt offended by any of my posts.I'm sorry.
Old 29th January 2006, 19:05   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
My freind said he heard they were doing above 200
Thats ridiculous. Could not even imagine doing 200+ in ECR Road with all those risks staring in front of you. Very very lucky to get an opportunity to live in this land. Any status on his health condition. Once again wish him a quick recovery.
Old 29th January 2006, 19:42   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Today's Deccan Chronicle had a news that the Chennai Ferrari will be replaced by a Lambo Gallardo! It also had the news on the owner of the Ferrari(Boom didn't want to disclose his identity so U'll have to read the paper to know who he is)

Boom-how is this Guy now? How far is this DC news true? I NEVER TRUST DC so please update.
Old 30th January 2006, 13:37   #85
Senior - BHPian

We will hear of the car when it comes, why trust DC en all?
Old 30th January 2006, 14:19   #86
BHPian

Even my customer told he is getting a GT2 but not seen the car till now.

PJ
Old 30th January 2006, 19:19   #87
BANNED

Gang, I'm sorry, but I do not post on this thread anymore because the guy in question's family and my family have been friends since my grandad's time and also because we/ our families have too many common friends... Even though I never tell anyone anything negative and am always sensitive of not being rude and mean to anyone I know (unlike one of our team members who I've forgiven more than 10-12 times just for this), I feel scared I might say something which is not supposed to be said.

Yes, this afternoon while we were at work, MotorMom did tell me what the Newspaper said and she was wondering how Newspapers report all this when the guy is still barely even recovering... If you guys knew what the same doctor who treated the producer Sanjay Khan when he got burnt badly while shooting a few years ago has said, you will all wear the same look of amazement MotorMom had on her face after reading that article.

Just a question from me... Is somone being alive/ recovering more important to this world or knowing about what car he is buying next when he isn't even discharged from the hospital as yet?

This will be the last post from me on this thread and I hope you all understand and forgive me for this, thanks.
MrBoombastic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2006, 19:51   #88
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod:

There has been a lot of debate both on the forum and off the forum about posting and discussing this unfortunate incident while the person is seriously injured.

If one reads Boom's mail, one will understand of the sensitivity of the situation. As a result, I am locking this thread until we hear positive news about the driver's recovery.

Boom pls PM use when you hear something
Old 7th March 2006, 17:26   #89
BHPian

Crashed Ferrari in Chennai

I have a pic of the crashed ferrari in Chennai. I can post it , but duh ! how does one post a pic on the forum?

Last edited by v12 : 7th March 2006 at 18:08.
Old 7th March 2006, 17:30   #90
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator Note : Topics Merged. Please use the search funtion before starting a new topic.

Most Viewed