Team-BHP - Red Ferrari 360 crashed and totalled in Chennai. EDIT : Now with pictures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Red Ferrari 360 crashed and totalled in Chennai. EDIT : Now with pictures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/10048-red-ferrari-360-crashed-totalled-chennai-edit-now-pictures.html)

Credit goes to aggresive anush for these pictures

Gang, I’m not sure if this is the same Ferrari as the one we spotted with the maatvandi on ECR, but MotorMom just got news that our family friend’s son’s (name withheld on purpose) Ferrari had a crash and caught fire on ECR earlier today. People had to cut the seatbelt to facilitate his escape and he is now recovering in a hospital (name withheld on purpose). May God bless him with a speedy recovery!

Please, friends, as I’ve stated many times when we’ve driven down ECR… Don’t cross 120-140Km/h , don’t drive under the influence, fasten your seatbelts, keep your eyes on the road for everything from animals to drunk villagers and most of all, watchout for those insane 100cc deafening loud noise biker gangs who ride like they have a deathwish. I've seen many bad/ fatal accidents on ECR (especially on Saturday nights/ Sundays).

P

Sounds bad. Hope he's gotten away with it and recovers. What did it hit ? Fire!? Ironically Fiat is supposed to be one of the safer ones (including fire safety) even for entry level cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenx
Sounds bad. Hope he's gotten away with it and recovers. What did it hit ? Fire!? Ironically Fiat is supposed to be one of the safer ones (including fire safety) even for entry level cars.

Exactly! ... I told MotorMom the same too and she did explain what happened to some extent, but I was in a hurry to get a cup of tea and didn't really wait for her to finish. I remember even the Palio GTX has a fuel supply cut-off safety feature and will try getting more details tomorrow... Time to go out now!

Is it a red 360 Modena?

Hey, Well we do wish him a speedy recovery !!

Btw , wat is ECR ? I'm sure its some road but which one ?

Cheers

YES! I'm very sorry to confirm that the only Ferrari 360 spider in Chennai was totalled on saturday morning when the car missed a dog, lost control and crashed into a tree bursting the fuel lines and caught fire immediately.The owner/driver's seat belts had to be cut and he was pulled to safety .But,still he suffered burn injuries and is recovering in a hospital.The car's rear-half which includes the engine is totally burnt up.

This is a totally sad, tragic news to us.May the 360 spider rest in peace!

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75
Btw , wat is ECR ? I'm sure its some road but which one ?

ECR = East Coast Road, the road that connects Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry

May the ferrari driver have a speedy recovery.....

Man..this is really sad. Crash,Fire, Ferrari and that too in India...Lets hope the owner recovers very soon...
The ECR road is so amazing now, you really feel to push the vehicles whatever it maybe to the limits,right? This wasnt the case 6 -7 yrs back though!!!

Okay, the guy also happens to be my brother’s classmate and I really need to stop being so engrossed in my own world and start knowing who is who (I mean I don’t even know if someone is my cousin or not and everyone (including Chennai Team-BHPians) complains that I never call anyone LOL).

Anyway, coming back to the topic, this guy also happens to own a Porsche and his mom used to always ask him to watch his speed. The Ferrari crash happened because he tried avoiding a dog, lost control and crashed into a tree bursting the fuel lines thereby causing his car to catch fire in seconds. MotorMom also said that he is recovering from 60% burns. It seems he fainted thanks to the fumes and flames and people rescued him, called his family using his mobile phone and admitted him to a nearby hospital from where his family shifted him to a hospital of repute. Man! I really hope and pray that this guy recovers to a 100% normal state of health as he is around my brother’s age (37-38), has a wife and small kids.

My brother is paying him a visit at the hospital today and I will let you all know how the poor guy is doing. Please drive safe as if this can happen to a Ferrari, a lot more can happen to our Skodas, Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais, Fords etc.

Ouch ouch ouch .. That mustave hurt .. Wish the driver a speedy recovery .. Any idea of the speeds he was doing to loose control and ram into a tree .. I thought those mosters were easier to control (at moderates speeds) unless ur driving insanely ..

I love animals, but out on the road, its always advisable not to try and panic brake or swerve around them as more often than not, it leads to disastrous consequences.

Ofcourse, this would depend on the animal as well. If an elephant is in your lane, I would suggest taking avoiding action!

real sad... both the car and the driver. i think speeding's the worst thing you can do on unsafe roads when you have a family to take care of. wishing him a speedy recovery.

godspeed.

Quote:

I love animals, but out on the road, its always advisable not to try and panic brake or swerve around them as more often than not, it leads to disastrous consequences.
I totally agree. U might lose a bumper,fog lights or at the most the radiator.But, if u try to do swerving stunts, that is it.Even a road hugging ferrari is a victim of stray dogs in India.
Once, while driving from bang-chennai in my friend's accent, i hit a dog which came like a bullet at me,i broke a fog lamp and got a good dose from my friend for not avoiding it.People never get the importance of safety!

Wish him a speedy recovery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
U might lose a bumper,fog lights or at the most the radiator.But, if u try to do swerving stunts, that is it.

Good thing popped out in this discussion. Need to get this registered in the mind to act accordingly

Damn, I wish him a speedy recovery. This is indeed sad..

GTO