Team-BHP - White Bolero stolen. And then RECOVERED using GPS Tech!! Screenshots inside
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   White Bolero stolen. And then RECOVERED using GPS Tech!! Screenshots inside (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/100854-white-bolero-stolen-then-recovered-using-gps-tech-screenshots-inside-4.html)

Bumping this. Would be great to know what tracking products are in the market and has anyone got any experience with these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastActionHero (Post 2597009)
Bumping this. Would be great to know what tracking products are in the market and has anyone got any experience with these?

The only experience i've had till now is this one.I guess Map my India also offers GPS tracker devices.The unit here can be programmed to disable the vehicle whenever required.It can again be enabled by the agency or the thieves will have to fiddle with ECU.(This is what i've been told,i might be wrong).

I would think that any GPS tracker, from any foreign vendor would give the same functionality.
Doesnt necessarily have to be an india marketed unit. (??).
Just saying cos by ecos of scale, foriegn stuff would be cheaper(?).

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastActionHero (Post 2597009)

MicroVBB This one is being used by one of the bhpians, elite model in his scorpio IIRC.

EDIT: Its not really a tracking system but with this on board one might not even need tracking. Still, nothing's hack proof.

the narration can even beat a Blockbuster ; excellent informative read . Thanks a ton.

One will now have to figure out where to "hide" the device to outsmart even the best conmen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 2597202)
The only experience i've had till now is this one.I guess Map my India also offers GPS tracker devices.The unit here can be programmed to disable the vehicle whenever required.It can again be enabled by the agency or the thieves will have to fiddle with ECU.(This is what i've been told,i might be wrong).

I am sorry in the whole thread (i could have missed it), I could not come across the make of the GPS device in the Bolero that was recovered & the installation procedure.

In this thread there are two issues, the GPS and the hassle to get the car back. I have a story on the second part. A friends 1st gen City was stolen from Babulnath. Complaint was made with the police. Naturally you follow up. The cops gave all the ususla bull, what sort of gang goes after these cars, where the cars are hidden, when they are likely to find it, till the trail got cold. They talk just to give you confidence, but really not much is done.
After 3 weeks while moving along Nepean Sea Road, he found his car. He, my friend found it, not the cops. Sheer luck. He had to go to Malabar Hill Police station, they came and waited for a few hours hoping the thief would come back(he did not), and then the car was driven to the police station. And kept there till he got a court order to release the car, which took around 5 days and some tea. Later he found more petrol in the car than there was earlier, maybe it was stolen for using.
The issue is that when one is a victim of a car theft, you are still made to undergo more hassles and trauma to recover your car. If the car has to be forensically examined, that can be done and car returned. Involving the court to restore the ownership wastes the overworked& overwhelmed courts time. Absolutely needless, brainless, waste of time, and one can say even inhumane. Maybe the laws will change if one were to take this up with a Human Rights Organisation.:D

Cheers harit

Quote:

Originally Posted by akmits_bhp (Post 2351719)
You at least need to pull one wire for powering the unit. You can use battery +ve directly from battery or from anywhere in the car where there is direct battery power e.g. stereo.

You may also choose to use ACC power. In that case unit will be drawing power only when the vehicle is ACC ON.

You can always connect the negative wire to by grounding it anywhere.

Rest of the connections are optional.

Amit, can you suggest for a simple, reliable, vfm option available in the India market with no recurring cost

thanks
Anupam

Can anyone help in letting me know the cost and install procedures for Mahindra GPS system?

Bumping this thread up.
I was reviewing GPS tracker systems
Namely:
http://itrackindia.com/
http://www.gpstracker.in/

What has been the community's experience with such systems with regard to private car protection (NOT: Fleet Management)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by joybhowmik (Post 3568722)
Bumping this thread up.
I was reviewing GPS tracker systems
Namely:
http://itrackindia.com/
http://www.gpstracker.in/

What has been the community's experience with such systems with regard to private car protection (NOT: Fleet Management)?

I would suggest iTrack just for this feature "Gradual stop function is also available where the vehicle can be stopped by sending pulse to the immobilizer or fuel pump."

If the vehicle is stolen, It would be least useful to know whether the stolen vehicle is in Place A or Place B. If the vehicle is stolen, we can paralyze the vehicle using the feature to disable the fuel pump / ECU. This would give time for the owner to recover the vehicle without using police help.

Hi BoneCollector,

Greetings!
I too am a BHPian member for long.
I was browsing the BHP Threads regarding Tracking Devices today and came across your amazing post, regarding White Bolero stolen and then RECOVERED using GPS Technology! It was indeed a fascinating read!
I own a Mahindra Scorpio and wish to similarly install a similar GPS based tracking device in my vehicle.

I will be very grateful, if you could be so kind as to provide me information (through your brother, if he is still employed with Mahindras) to help identify as to which vehicle tracking device provider company would be most suitable for a Mahindra vehicle?

Warm regards!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rallyman (Post 4816954)

I will be very grateful, if you could be so kind as to provide me information (through your brother, if he is still employed with Mahindras) to help identify as to which vehicle tracking device provider company would be most suitable for a Mahindra vehicle?

Warm regards!

Hi, sorry for replying late.

That vehicle had a system installed by the company which the company uses in its fleet trucks. It was not available to general public. We don't have access to it now so can't help you with that one.

Currently, there are numerous tracking systems with geofencing and other goodies available. You'll have to hunt locally for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3573892)
I would suggest iTrack just for this feature "Gradual stop function is also available where the vehicle can be stopped by sending pulse to the immobilizer or fuel pump."
This would give time for the owner to recover the vehicle without using police help.

If the vehicle is stolen, you need to involve the police no matter what. Without any official record of the vehicle being stolen, you will be held responsible for all the offences by the vehicle during the period it was not in your possession.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 4820249)
If the vehicle is stolen, you need to involve the police no matter what. Without any official record of the vehicle being stolen, you will be held responsible for all the offences by the vehicle during the period it was not in your possession.

Totally agree. Unless you are connected by police, politician or local rowdys, police may not act fast. They will first waste time by telling us to calm down and not take tension. Then they'll quote all rules and procedures before taking any action, by then the car would have gone way beyond their jurisdiction.

If I disable the fuel pump and strand the car in the middle of the road, I can then go to police and report the issue. I needn't depend on their efficiency not listen advice from them.