Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2006, 21:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suspected street racing leaves 3 dead: Again

A few days after the Need for Speed inspired street racing tragedy, another suspected street racing accident left 3 dead. this time in Vancouver.

CTV Canada reports on this suspected street racing accident that ended with a early 1990's BMW split into half with 3 of it's 5 occupants dead. Video's of the accident in the link show grizzly pictures of the smashed car.

This raises a few important questions. Despite the stringent licensing procedures, teens somehow conviniantly forget their driving instructions and race dangerously on public roads dangering their and others lives. This happens in supposedly more advanced and mature countries. Just goes to show that you can have the best procedures in place but if someone wants to be an a** nothing can stop him. Is there something wrong in the way some kids are brought up?

Another video in the link talks about a company called lockdown systems which enables parents to set speed restrictions in their cars when their teenage kids take the vehicles out. If the speed is exceeded for more then 5 seconds, the parents are alerted of this through either the internet or into their mobile phones. Seems interesting.
Old 30th January 2006, 00:57   #2
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
.....teens somehow conviniantly forget their driving instructions and race dangerously on public roads dangering their and others lives.....
....Is there something wrong in the way some kids are brought up?
No, I don't think its linked with upbringing of kids.

Even an adult can do such a thing... but the chances are less...

I am only getting at one point... teens should not be driving... that would not stop such incidents though reduce them.
Old 30th January 2006, 09:53   #3
Team-BHP Support

Am seeing enough of this outside Lavelle Road Cafe Day.

I saw two Baleno's dragging on the section which has been made two way, no pavements and blind corners. On sat, I was gettting my system set up at fxaudio, a swift was parked on the road, , on the other side some ladies were walking. In between the swift and an auto overtaking the ladies, a zen comes hurtling, sideswipes the auto and drives on. Por auto guy was bewildered and terrified.
Old 30th January 2006, 11:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Por auto guy was bewildered and terrified.
Not sure about what zen guy did was wrong or not... but would have loved to see the face of that auto guy
Old 30th January 2006, 11:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
No, I don't think its linked with upbringing of kids.

Even an adult can do such a thing... but the chances are less...

I am only getting at one point... teens should not be driving... that would not stop such incidents though reduce them.
exactly man total rubbish to blame teens, most % of accidents are caused due to adults only for drinking and driving yet teens they dont do it cause they scared of cops (leaving mumbai teens lol). In car accident you cannot blame anyone be it street racing or drag racing on a free road the car is meant to be driven fast so the pedisterian has to take care about it rather just walking down the roads easily and so the drivers should watch out the people who are crossing the roads and all but its nobody's fault and even if it is? you cannot solve it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks