Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2011, 15:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: How much do you pay the car cleaner?

I pay 200 for my hatch and 300 for my sedan every month, which includes 4 day wipe and clean, 3 day wash with one interior cleaning every week.
Old 29th May 2011, 21:54   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
I used to pay 300 for Swift. After shifting to new place I hugely disappointed as could not find proper person who would do the job to my satisfaction. Reluctantly finalised a person for Swift, X Trail and Activa with 800 p.m. After a month gave 800 extra to my driver to clean Swift and Activa. X Trail is now looked after by myself. For my baby I quit gym and doing 30 min duty religiously every morning.

Dear Mr. Desai,
You may feel I am old time superstitious, But I sincerely feel that, your vehicle will give you better service and will never ditch you in emergency if you tend and pamper her. Washing is the least we can do Isn't it? I would really like to know how many of our team members feel the way I do.
Aashish..
Old 29th May 2011, 22:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish1965 View Post
Dear Mr. Desai,
You may feel I am old time superstitious, But I sincerely feel that, your vehicle will give you better service and will never ditch you in emergency if you tend and pamper her. Washing is the least we can do Isn't it? I would really like to know how many of our team members feel the way I do.
Aashish..
Agree,
We spend quite a good time in car and I consider it a second home. Hence for me it should be as clean and neat as my home or office.
Every morning I wash my car (or wipe with wet cotton cloth) I feel her every scratch.
I feel pity for the people who own a car like an object, just ment for a to b travel mode and don't pay any attention to keep it clean.
Old 29th May 2011, 23:21   #34
BHPian

Well, i pay Rs.300 per month for washing my Octavia which includes cleaning the interiors twice a month.
Old 30th May 2011, 11:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

I pay 400 for two cars and one two wheeler. That includes washing every day, and cleaning the interiors once a week (Sunday).
Other than that, i take my cars for a jet spray wash at least once in 2 weeks. Upholstery cleaning is done once in a quarter.
Old 30th May 2011, 13:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

I pay my person Rs.350/month/car. I provide him soft water, micro fiber towels(separate cloths for roof, body & below body claddings/tyres) for the daily cleaning. Weekly, we would together spend cleaning the interiors(as Mon to Fri, most of the times the car is only on self single use without dirtying it much). Monthly once, the dash polish etc are applied. Once in two months, the leather polish/wax is done.

Obsessive...HUH!
Old 30th May 2011, 13:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

I used to pay the guy Rs.450 till a month back for a Vista + Bike + Scooty. This was only for exterior cleaning everyday.
This month did some exterior detailing work at 3M and have asked him to stop washing the car everyday. Use the Jopasu duster myself everyday in the morning and ask him to clean it with water only on Sat or Sunday. But once the monsoons start i am not sure Jopasu is going to be of much help
Old 30th May 2011, 13:56   #38
BHPian

I used to pay Rs.300 a month . The guy used to do a pretty decent job.
Now I have started cleaning myself as I've got a black beauty and I dont want to risk swipe marks
Old 30th May 2011, 14:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

I used to pay 150 for car and another 50 for the bike at my previous apartment, the watchmen of that apartment used to do a good job, hence even if he missed someday, it was ok for me. When I shifted to a new place last year I started paying 200+50 for the car and bike, but this guy was just minting money from us. He didn't clean properly, there would be cloths mark all over the body and the windshield, after 7-8 months of warning and hoping, I gave up. First I asked him to stop cleaning the bike and then two month later I asked him to quit cleaning the car too. Now I take care of both of them. Takes around 25-30 minutes in morning. Haven't been cleaning the interiors too often, but will do it soon. Otherwise I clean it everyday with waxing once a week . With the amount I save in a year, I think I can buy good car detailing products.
Old 30th May 2011, 14:25   #40
BHPian

I started with Rs.150 for daily wash and wipe, with once a month interiors. Now pay Rs.300 for daily wash and wipe with once a week interiors. I would rate the work average. Just helps the car to be sober as I dont get time from my schedules.

I end up taking the car to the washing center every 2 months and get it completely washed (underbody, engine and interior vaccum and polish) for Rs.150 bucks.

EDIT: I also pay Rs.50 for my wife's scooty for daily wash. No he does not wipe it and its left to dry like that :(

Last edited by the-rare-one : 30th May 2011 at 14:46. Reason: Recalled additional info
Old 30th May 2011, 14:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Interesting survey! I pay 200 for my Zen and 100 towards each of my 3 two wheelers. In all, 500 Rs. a month for daily washing and once a week interior cleaning of the car.
Old 30th May 2011, 15:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

I pay Rs.300 a month for one car. This is for exterior everyday and you are entitled to interior cleaning once a week.
Old 30th May 2011, 15:57   #43
BHPian

Rs.150 for Neve (thats my whit Siena) and Rs.50 for the buddy (pulsar 180 classic) for daily cleaning and interior cleaning of car on sundays (which is skipped atleast once a month)
Old 30th May 2011, 17:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

I pay him RS. 300/- per month in Thane.

No washing on Sundays and have to bear his absenteeisms as well!!
Old 30th May 2011, 17:55   #45
BHPian

I pay 300 rupees for my i20 in Bangalore. He washes it 3 times a week. Going by the standard rates i see in the above comments, Guess i am paying more. The standard everywhere seems to be 300 bucks/ month (6 days a week). He washes pretty decent but nothing great. I make sure i wash it myself once a week as well. I gave him micro fibre cloth but he hardly uses them after a couple of days

Any other good cleaners in Jayanagar, Bangalore ?. This guy has been cleaning all our cars from past 4 years, so my parents trust him. But given an option, I would switch to someone who does the job better.

Most Viewed