Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 14:31   #61
BHPian

re: How much do you pay the car cleaner?

In Noida we pay INR 200/= per month with one day interior mostly on a Sunday. This includes 2 thursdays in a month as holiday. Ofcourse all rainy days are also holiday, which is very fair.
Old 21st June 2011, 20:01   #62
BHPian

I pay Rs. 150 for 15 days (Cleaning happens every alternate day) + the risk of scratches on the body and glass. But it cannot be helped due to busy schedule.
Old 22nd June 2011, 00:58   #63
BHPian

My driver usually cleans the car and he takes Rs. 200/- - Rs.300/- extra depending on how much he needs that particular month. I have a sneaking suspition that his wife often dictates the amount for him!
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

I used to pay Rs. 200 per month to my cleaner, who used to be my society's security guard earlier. I increased the amount to Rs. 250 last month on his request.
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

I paid Rs. 250/- per month till a couple of years back. Since last monsoon I started paying 300/-. Currently I have fired my car cleaner.

A word of caution: I had originally engaged a young Nepali chap to clean the car and was quite happy with the work he did. After a few months he deputed an elderly man to the work as he was going to his native place. This chap started missing work on a few days in a month and I wasn't happy with him. One fine week he failed to turn up and I replaced him with another cleaner. Next month the original Nepali boy was back and asking me how I could employ someone else 'who is not a Nepali' to clean the car. He then promised me another good replacement and sent another elderly gentlman. I was still not happy with the cleaning, so last month I told him to stop the work. Incidentally I had stopped taking the car every day. Now as soon as I asked him to stop cleaning, he said, "Saab, don't give the task to anyone else. I shall be visiting here in the morning to see if you have appointed someone else in my place. If I find someone cleaning the car, I shall beat him up."

Needless to say I won't be giving the cleaning job back to this guy. However, please beware that there may be people who are trying to monopolize this business.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:37   #66
BHPian

I pay 300/- per month for my car for daily cleaning and weekly interior cleaning, Monday being a holiday. It is really beneficial during the rainy season when the car's body bears the brunt of roads or the lack of it.
Old 27th June 2011, 17:15   #67
BHPian

I pay my cleaner 300 Rs. Interior cleaning once a week and exterior rest of the week.
Old 27th June 2011, 17:49   #68
BHPian

I pay Rs.200 for 6 days a week which includes one day of interior cleaning. Not a very dependable chap though.
Old 27th June 2011, 22:08   #69
BHPian

I pay Rs.300 per month for daily exterior cleaning and weekly once interior cleaning. The cleaner is the security guard in our apartment. I am not really happy with the work but did not want him to lose his income. Since he is our apartment security guard, he might create issues if I bring a cleaner from outside.
Old 16th July 2011, 20:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

Today dad hired a cleaner for both Honda City and Maruti WagonR due to my absence. The person is charging Rs. 300 for Honda City and Rs. 200 for Maruti WagonR. This will involve six days (Mon-Sat) cleaning with Sundays off.
Old 17th July 2011, 00:00   #71
BHPian

I pay 450Rs for 2 cars for exterior cleaning on all 7 days of the week. I do not allow anyone to clean the interior of the car (I do it myself). A Nepali guy does it and he is extremely particular to ensure that no scratches come as a result of cleaning. As soon as the cloth begins to age, he buys a new one and uses that!
Old 17th July 2011, 10:36   #72
Senior - BHPian

As i had posted earlier
300 a month which is for exterior everyday and you are entitled to interiors once a week.
But the other day the guy came up to my house asking for a raise to 400.
now we have 3 or 4 options in our society. So i told him the others are charging 300 so why do you want 400? He said saab sab ka increase hogaya hai.
I said i will find out and let you know next month.
So i did. And indeed others are charging 300 only.
So this way a month past and he came again this time asking for a raise. I told him what i found out. And now he quietly continues his work at the reasonable 300 pm rate.

Also once i got the interior of the civic done by another fellow who also washes cars in the society.
And he did a fantastic job and only asked for 10 rupees for the same.
Old 28th June 2012, 21:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Our cleaner has increased 50 Rupees starting from 1st July so now we have to pay him 550 per month for both WagonR & City. We agreed because the rate was constant for the whole year and this is first time he has asked for the increase.

i10/bike is mostly covered and we clean it ourselves.
Old 28th June 2012, 22:03   #74
BHPian

i pay 350 per month to the cleaner who cleans my OHC six days a week. not very happy with his work but continuing with him because of lack of options. going by what other pays, seems i am paying more than the prevailing charges.
Old 29th June 2012, 07:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

The car cleaner in our housing complex charges Rs 250/- for exterior cleaning 6 days a week and 50/- extra for interior cleaning once a week. Have booked him for internal and external cleaning for the monsoons, after which will get only the exteriors cleaned.

Funny part is he carries around a card for the car which we have to sign at end of each week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks