Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2018, 11:37   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay the car cleaner?

I pay 500/- per month for my Rapid and my TVS Wego combined. Alternate day washing, but this too does not add up to 15 days in a month. Realistically comes close to 12 days.

I prefer this as I find washing the car everyday a colossal waste of water.
In my earlier house, where I was on rent, I used to stay on the ground floor. I would use the waste water from our RO filter and wash the car myself twice a week.
Have become eco- unfriendly after moving to my current apartment.
Old 12th March 2018, 13:25   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

I pay 300 bucks per month for my car. The guy wipes the car with a wet cloth every day. The downside is he uses 1-2 small buckets of water to wash/wipe ~10 cars and 15 odd bikes. While the dust gets cleaned, there are mud water stains in a few places as the cloth/water is dirty by the time he has done cleaning a couple of cars. Use of hard water aggravates this problem. I don't complain as this setup ensures daily cleaning of the car and is free from dust every morning.

I wash the car myself with a couple of buckets of water + shampoo or give it for pressure wash once every 2-3 months. This also takes care of the interior cleaning and polishing. I use the AC full time so interior remains clean for 2 months at least. I have no two-wheelers.
Old 12th March 2018, 20:21   #123
BHPian

Lucky me. Our society has a car wash in the basement parking area with high pressure and cemented platform. Takes about 20 mins per car so utilise my Saturdays well.
Old 12th March 2018, 21:25   #124
BHPian

I pay 350 rupees per month for my Hyundai i20 and Suzuki Access. He does outside dry wipe for 5 days of the week. And outside wet wash plus internal wet wipe on Sunday. Monday is off for him.
Old 12th March 2018, 23:18   #125
BHPian

I pay 400 rupees per month for my Ford Aspire. The car is washed once in a week (Sunday) due to restrictions put in place by the management team in my apartment. The front windshield glass is wiped thrice a week using a wet cloth. Jopasu Duster helps me in keeping the car clean during rest of the days.

I will get the pressure wash done after completion of every highway drive which costs 350 rupees.
Old 13th March 2018, 07:58   #126
Senior - BHPian

I used to pay Rs300 per month for the Bolt and Rs400 per month for the Storme. As expected, it used to be a shoddy job. Many times I have noticed the car cleaner just lifts the wiper blades up to give the perception that the car was cleaned
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 22:16   #127
Senior - BHPian

There are two car cleaners in our locality. The other guy is coming to work and cleaning his respective assigned cars (comes early morning though, nearly around dawn) but my car cleaner is not showing up since the lockdown was announced. Both of them lives nearby the locality and have not migrated to their hometowns.

What is the scenario in your area? Are car cleaners showing up?
Old 30th March 2020, 23:46   #128
BHPian

I currently pay Rs.800/- per month for sort-of spray cleaning my car with a clean thick microfiber. Waterless because I personally don't like wasting Cauvery water. Interior cleaning is twice per week, usually Wednesday & Friday.

Since last week, car cleaner comes on alternate days. I haven't asked as I can anyway clean the car with Jopsasu if its a bit dusty.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st March 2020 at 12:25. Reason: typos
Old 31st March 2020, 06:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

I started paying 400 per car and it was finally 500 per car. Currently I only own one car and since that is with me in Bombay, I don't have a car wash guy
Old 31st March 2020, 12:06   #130
BHPian

I pay 900 for our two cars: EcoSport and KWID. The cleaning vendor uses duster along with some water-less spray for EcoSport and regular water cleaning for the KWID. Dusting is supposed to be done everyday and cleaning on every alternate day. Monday is off for the vendor, but anyway I feel they clean the cars for about 20 days only. Sometimes I feel I am overpaying, but then it feels nice to drive off in a clean car
Old 19th May 2020, 12:28   #131
BHPian

The society (1500+ residents) where I live doesn't have any designated car cleaners. And there are no water points from where I can fill a bucket and clean the car myself. I did attempt to clean the car by sourcing water from home but the distance between my flat and the designated parking spot is quite huge. So, I preferred getting it cleaned at nearby car washes.

The only option for me is to hire a cleaner on a personal basis to get the job done. I'll be going this route once the lockdown is lifted.

N.B.: Most residents in this society work in the nearby IT park and therefore, get their cars washed by contractors there. My odd timings at work do not permit this.
Old 19th May 2020, 13:05   #132
BHPian

I currently pay 600/month for 2 cars washed on alternate days. Exterior cleaning is almost always good but interior cleaning leaves a lot to be desired(600 rupiya me itna hi milega ).
Old 19th May 2020, 18:39   #133
BHPian

I don't have any daily car cleaner. Even though a guy comes to my society everyday and many of my neighbours are using his service, I don't like it. Just cleaning the car from outside with wet cloth just doesn't seem enough to me. It leaves very minor scratches and water marks which I hate!!

Instead every 15 days I go to the car washing shop. I have bought a package. I paid 6600 rs for 12 wash and 2 wheel balancing and alignment. So about 500rs per wash or 1000 per month. In every wash, they clean car fully from inside out with waxing in the end!
Drbhavesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 14:20   #134

I pay total of 500/- for my Duster and Activa (in Pune).

Daily external cleaning (with wet cloth) and every Sunday car is cleaned from the inside as well.
Old 25th November 2020, 18:31   #135
BHPian

I pay a total of Rs1600/- for my Amaze, Ignis and Alto combined.

Daily collecting the keys of every car, cleaning of each car inside out, mats are cleaned/ washed as per the need, interiors are wiped using a microfiber towel provided by me, exterior is wet wiped and once in 10-15 days each car is washed.

The cleaner has been working in our society since 20+ years, cleans the cars like a professional and is 100% trustworthy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks