Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 01:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Cyclist falls because of his mistake; breaks windshield as vengeance!

going by traffic rules, people with motors(engines) are the ones who are more responsible. Putting it the other way, pedestrians and cyclists always have the right of way. I am sure in this case it might have been the cyclists fault and they had absolutely no right to smash the car window. But could it be that your dad just got your class too close to the cyclists. As a car driver responsibility of keeping the car away from pedestrians or cyclists always fall on you. Even if it means coming to a stop in the middle of road for 30 seconds while driving at 70Kph.
Old 6th February 2012, 09:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

I remember once I had driven to Trivandram Zoo in my Honda City. As I got out of my car, a palmist came and wanted to read my palm. I refused the service and inspite of his pestering, walked away with my family. On coming back in the evening, there was a long deep scratch in the right side doors and rear fender. I asked a vendor nearby and he told me that it was the palmist who did that. Needless to say, he was nowhere to be found.
So next time you park your place in public, subscribe to all services offered nearby or risk damage to your car.
Old 6th February 2012, 09:39   #33
BHPian

Sad to hear this. If they are carpenters, it is highly likely they'll be in the same place. Why not go there and try to locate them?
Old 6th February 2012, 09:50   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I remember once I had driven to Trivandram Zoo in my Honda City. As I got out of my car, a palmist came and wanted to read my palm. I refused the service and inspite of his pestering, walked away with my family. On coming back in the evening, there was a long deep scratch in the right side doors and rear fender. I asked a vendor nearby and he told me that it was the palmist who did that. Needless to say, he was nowhere to be found.
So next time you park your place in public, subscribe to all services offered nearby or risk damage to your car.
Scratches to the car is possibly the most common retaliation for asking someone to move the car, taking a parking spot etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Sad to hear this. If they are carpenters, it is highly likely they'll be in the same place. Why not go there and try to locate them?
And potentially risk some more damage? Nah, karma will take care of that
Old 6th February 2012, 10:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Peace of mind : gone for a toss
Faith in humanity : well, that's mostly a joke considering the labour class in NCR.

Lesson learnt : You could have done no wrong but end up paying because someone else has a pea-brain and all the sense in the arms and not the head.
What I did not like at all about this incident:

It is not a one-off or freak incident. Be it verbal spats or violence - they are all in the same scale. I don't see the situation improving either. If anything the overall behaviour of the NCR populace is only deteriorating.
Old 8th February 2012, 15:41   #36
BHPian

IMO , whole of NCR is turning into a Big Urban jungle these days. Some body has rightly said that "easy money do corrupts the kind souls " .

To quote a example , As narrated by a colleague who resides in G, gaon , A local went to Audi showroom and asked for "challe walle gaadi chahiye" ( I need car with those rings in front ) . sales man was a bit take a back with the request , still the guy sit in "Challe wali gaadi" ( car with Ringed logo) on display ,threw the Jute bag filled with currency and Drove away , asking the sales man to come to his house for completing the formalities. Y;day Night also, a guy in Cruze banged his car into electrical pole in front of my house. I came out to check on guy , albeit he just disappeared into apartments in front of my house. IMO insurance company will at least be poorer by 4 or 5 lakhs going by the damage.

going by the trend , i have stopped driving in NCR roads and left the car with my dad in my native place. better off using the office transport
Old 25th February 2012, 00:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

A very interesting watch, I don't want to create a new thread for this but thought of sharing on similar existing thread.

Most Viewed