Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 14:14   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Civic Rear Ended!

Hi mdsaab,

Yes, one can make out the flaw in the workmanship. Usually, these can go unnoticed, but for the ridiculous amount they charged you, YES, you SHOULD go and report it. If you have enough time at your disposal, then go ahead and insist on correcting the same.

Also, another flaw I noticed in the workmanship is given below. but.. I vaguely remember that you corrected it?.

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0287.jpg

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0288.jpg
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 15:36   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I spotted this in the Honda showroom the last time I had been there for service. Quite strange to see this on a new car.
Super catch, rr_zen! Wow, to see this on what looks like a display car is kind of surreal - in a bad way. And the left side pair of lights is "normal" (both are of the modern octagonal shape).

I wonder how that car was allowed to remain on the showroom floor. Attention to detail is something that's severely lacking in the service industry here. Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Team
Here are the pics of both left and right QP for comparison purposes.
Please give me your views, suggestions, inputs on whether i need to go back to Honda for the same.
mdsaab, first of all congratulations to Chicca and you for having gotten through the major part of the ordeal looking pretty good at the end of it!

I would go back to the service center and ask to have the interior panels done up too. Remember, if resale is one of the things on your mind, this will have an impact.

I don't know if the service center didn't do it because they tried, couldn't and gave up, or because they simply didn't care (ref: my point about attention to detail in the service industry). If it's the latter, you have a right to take them to task and ensure they finish the job properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I forgot to mention one thing. One tempo wallah reversed into the rear bumper when my car was brand new (one day old). I was despondent it was really pushed in on one side. My mechanics (lab variety) were able to just push it out in about five minutes The material is pretty resilient.
Ah, those Kanpuriya tempos!

Nearabout the city center (Parade, Mall Road, Bada Chauraha) it was such a common sight seeing them use bumpers of the cars ahead in the truest sense of the term, as bump-stops. Nostalgia indeed!

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 15:42   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Super catch, rr_zen! Wow, to see this on what looks like a display car is kind of surreal - in a bad way. And the left side pair of lights is "normal" (both are of the modern octagonal shape).

I wonder how that car was allowed to remain on the showroom floor. Attention to detail is something that's severely lacking in the service industry here. Really.
Believe me, I was stumped when I saw it first and then brought it to the attention of the Sales person there and believe it or not, he took a while to understand what I was referring to.

This made me think on the levels of QC being done at the factory before the cars are being dispatched to the showroom (assuming it is a flaw at the factory).

The next time I visited the showroom, I did see another Civic on display, of course with the right set of tail lamps but with the 'CIVIC' logo missing. When I asked the same sales guy about it, he wittily remarked that everytime I was there I was able to spot an anomaly. Hmm, we live in India, dont we ?
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
mdsaab, first of all congratulations to Chicca and you for having gotten through the major part of the ordeal looking pretty good at the end of it!

I would go back to the service center and ask to have the interior panels done up too. Remember, if resale is one of the things on your mind, this will have an impact.

I don't know if the service center didn't do it because they tried, couldn't and gave up, or because they simply didn't care (ref: my point about attention to detail in the service industry). If it's the latter, you have a right to take them to task and ensure they finish the job properly.
First of all thanks. I will definately go back to Honda to get this sorted out. A bit tied up at the moment, so it will have to wait a short while. Right now just happy that Chicca is back home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi mdsaab,

Yes, one can make out the flaw in the workmanship. Usually, these can go unnoticed, but for the ridiculous amount they charged you, YES, you SHOULD go and report it. If you have enough time at your disposal, then go ahead and insist on correcting the same.

Also, another flaw I noticed in the workmanship is given below. but.. I vaguely remember that you corrected it?.
Yes that did get corrected. it was due to the rubber bush under the boot. Once that was adjusted it sat flush, well almost. I will click a pic and you could confirm the same. As mentioned above, am going back. and will get it sorted, thanks for your inputs, really appreciate the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Short & quick answer: yes you should go back to them about this
Objective: Try and get it fixed. If not, at least inform them about this concern you have/ QC issues

Boxing match? yes, if you mentioned right hook, etc. Just dont go for the sucker punch (expected answer: Saar, its normal!)
Will definately do the needful. And will make sure the flurry's are headed Honda's way
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:59   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will definately do the needful. And will make sure the flurry's are headed Honda's way
Are you headed towards Deccan Honda on Bundgarden road? If so and if you have the time buzz me; I work just next door
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Are you headed towards Deccan Honda on Bundgarden road? If so and if you have the time buzz me; I work just next door
Actually will be headed to Pimpri for this one. But will remember to give you a buzz next time i am around your work neighborhood.
Old 23rd June 2011, 23:00   #97
dot
Senior - BHPian

Checked out Chicca today. She looked great. There is a very very, extremely, tiny little minor tilt of the bootlid towards one side. It should be adjustable easily, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The octagonal tail lamps were part of the earlier facelift in 2009 and not the one that happened recently which included the sun-roof.

It would be not exactly but something like this.

I spotted this in the Honda showroom the last time I had been there for service. Quite strange to see this on a new car.
This is unbelievable. And as @laluks said, this answers many questions. I guess one cant believe A.S.S folks anymore.
Old 24th July 2011, 12:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

Sorry folks i feel i did not give a proper ending to this thread.
Firstly i would like to thank all of you, for your concern and advice on tackling this setback.
And would like to give a few lines of what i have learnt from the whole episode.
When its raining heavily outside. And you really do not need to get out. Stay HOME!
If you do venture out, drive cautiously, a little or a lot under you usual speed(depending on your driving style). And maintain generous distance from the vehicle ahead.
In the unfortunate event of an accident.
Make a note of the vehicle number with which the accident occured.
Pull to the side of the road.
Make sure no one in the car is injured. If so attend to them first. You have the other guys vehicle number anyway.
Medical treatment for the injured first.
Try and get atleast a photo of the guys license taken from your camera phone. If you cant get the physical license.
Police complaint secondary. Follow it up if necessary.
Else speak to your workshop and get the repair work on your own insurance.
Try and opt for zero % dep insurance when you buy the car.
Then you only have to pay 500 processing and no other charges.
If you have regular comprehensive insurance.
Then watchout.
The workshop will try to escalate costs.
So make sure all replacements are absolutely necessary. Cause some share will come out from your pocket.
Its a fish market as someone rightly put it.
So negotiate hard, they will bring the amount down.
Also they may help clear out other dents scratches as a friendly gesture.
Take a friend or your father for support. A lot easier to talk these things when you have support.
I hope you will not have to go through such an episode ever. But if you do. Do remember to follow these tips. And remember the TEAM of Team-BHP is always there for you.
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 16:45   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry folks i feel i did not give a proper ending to this thread.
Firstly i would like to thank all of you, for your concern and advice on tackling this setback...

...I hope you will not have to go through such an episode ever. But if you do. Do remember to follow these tips. And remember the TEAM of Team-BHP is always there for you.
Drive Safe!
Thanks mdsaab. Very thoughtful post indeed! I will take a print-out of this and keep it in my car when I go to India next time.

And congratulations on the landmark!
Old 10th March 2015, 10:20   #100
BHPian

Dear All - I am glad its been long someone posted something similar to Rear Ended situation. Unfortunately it happened with me:

Goregaon Western Express Highway, Bumper to Bumper traffic. I accelerated and the Alto in front of me applied sudden brakes. So I did the same and managed to brake way ahead. The Honda CRV behind me could not do so and rammed into my rear.

Please see the attached pictures, the next morning Arya Honda accident helpline team picked up my car and gave me an estimate. This is when I started digging into our pathetic insurance system. I am confused now to choose between ASC or Local Garage.

Anyways I request all of the esteemed members to please go through these photographs and let me know your comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Civic Rear Ended!-img_5833.jpg  

Civic Rear Ended!-img_5821.jpg  

Civic Rear Ended!-img_5823.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2144770.pdf (313.3 KB, 2776 views)
File Type: pdf 369 lliabillity.pdf (488.6 KB, 337 views)
Old 11th March 2015, 00:17   #101
BHPian

Added to my above post. I am also attaching the list of items that they intend to repair/replace. I still do not understand why cannot the LQP (Left Quarter Panel) be repaired. The owner of this thread "mdsaab" had similar dent and got it fixed. But for my car they are charging me a bomb for it.

Total Damages: 107,000 INR + tax (12.5%)
Insurance Liability:
Labour+Repair+Painting = 7,260+14,250+tax
Material = 37,500+tax
Total = 59,010+tax

My Liability:
Labour = 3000+tax
Material = 37,500+tax
Compulsory Excess = 2,000+1,500+tax
Exterior+Interior treatment = 4,500+tax
Total = 48,500+tax

I was referred to this insurance policy from Arya Honda Kalina executive(Kishore), who now quit. The policy was sold to me by Landmark Insurance Agents. Since this is the first car I purchased after returning to India, I was completely not aware of the insurance system (I take the blame, as I should have shown much interest). All I mentioned to those sales agents is I want to be covered completely. She said 100% is not possible but 90% is. I went for this policy.

Now after the accident, I visited their Reay Road workshop(this is where they fix all damaged Honda vehicles) and the executive there (Irfan Shaikh) mentioned that had I gone for their in-house Zero Depreciation policy offered by Arya Honda, I would have been covered for 90% value. I mentioned nobody bothered to advice me on the same.

So I have decided to take up this issue with their customer support team who frequently send me mails pertaining to offers, free car washes, feedback etc. I spoke to the lady (Mamta) and mentioned that all these figures should be waived off :P But frankly I am not prepared to bare the losses. I will put all the efforts in pushing the Old Gentlemen who rammed my car to bare the charges. Had he had control over his wheel, he could have braked appropriately. His Honda CRV is Dec 2014 model and is on lease from Arval. I have no idea how lease of car works in India.

I am yet to get a feedback from them.

Will keep you guys posted. cheers !
Attached Thumbnails
Civic Rear Ended!-img_5832.jpg  

Civic Rear Ended!-img_5821.jpg  

Civic Rear Ended!-damages.png  

Old 11th March 2015, 11:03   #102
Senior - BHPian

If you know a decent local body shop, all this can easily be repaired/repainted very well at a fraction of this estimate and in a much shorter time than the dealer would take. Only the left tail light and its housing will require replacement. I suggest you post in the civic thread for good options.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 12:06   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
If you know a decent local body shop, all this can easily be repaired/repainted very well at a fraction of this estimate and in a much shorter time than the dealer would take. Only the left tail light and its housing will require replacement. I suggest you post in the civic thread for good options.
+1 to it. Precisely. Going to HASS for this is not a great idea given that they are all out there to just rip you off ! The cost they have quoted is astronomical in my opinion.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 13:26   #104
BHPian

I have posted in the Civic Maintenance forum

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks