Team-BHP - When spitting paan is more important than your general well-being
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   When spitting paan is more important than your general well-being (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/102359-when-spitting-paan-more-important-than-your-general-well-being-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdsaab (Post 2378957)
WHOA! that is insane.
All that cause he was spitting out the paan he was chewing.
I am really glad to hear that no one rear ended you. Trust me no one should have to go through that ordeal.
All in all you did the right thing the way you handled the situation.
But yes i guess your wife was right, because all this was due to the paan chewing and spitting they needed a piece of your mind. A good scolding and maybe even a kaan pakdo upaar neeche karo sort of thing. But then you didn't know all this was due to the paan.

When you drive or ride on the open road. you are responsible for the well being of other road users. Which includes other motorist, pedestrians as well as animals.
This needs to be explained to as many people as possible.
Maybe we can have some social service move by Team-BHP members in their respective cities to promote road safety and awareness.

Been there, tried it, & failed miserably!!! We are in the age of instant gratification. Be it snubbing someone on the road for that feel good factor or just not caring what the hell happens to the other fellow road users.
Hell, it's the easiest way to pick a fight nowadays, just tell someone to ride\drive properly, & voila, you are amidst a fight in public.

At least you guys only had to witness the spitting!! I was on my bike once, overtaking a state roadways bus when some "gentleman" decided to spit outside the window (no paan thankfully) which as you can guess landed bang on my riding jacket. Felt like stopping the bus and creating a scene but kept riding because a) A state roadways bus stopping on seeing a bike in front - lol :)) - good one - has it happened before on the Indian highways?? and b) I seriously doubt the person in question would have learned anything.

Alas! Why is that we Indians are the "chosen race" to be blessed with these paan chewers and spitters? Would these guys do the same thing in the middle of their homes? I guess not. Why then would they treat the road, which every body uses, like a private spitoon!
I have has two ocassions where I have been hit splat in the chest by a big red gob of paan from a passing bus. I guess its time to put a ban on chewing paan in public areas just like smoking is restricted in certain public areas. The other option I can think of, is to make it a law to carry a spitoon with you , if you want to chew paan in a public area.
Regards,
Ashok

I had this experience about 5 years back when I was riding my bike to an interview in Noida from Lajpat Nagar in New Delhi. I had almost reach the office in Noida, when a person walking on the left side spits out his "paan" towards the right, exactly when I was crossing him. The end result - My sparkling White shirt is stained by his red paan!

Needless to say, I did not attend that interview that day as it was already time for the interview and I would have spent another 2 hours going back home and coming back.

A similar incident happened to a friend of mine while driving uphill to Mussoorie. We were behind a UP roadways bus.Fortunately I was not a pillion with him and driving my own bike with another pillion.
A lady opened her mouth while our friend in the front was trying to overtake the bus and dumped her entire breakfast on him.

It was yuk!

Me and my pillion friend had tears in our eyes and had to drop our bike on the side and were rolling on the ground.rl:

Meanwhile our friend was able to get to the bus to stop.Now with a UP roadways bus stopped, bike down with two guys on the road the passerby's thought that the bus had hit us.

From that day I try and stay way back from buses with open windows specially in the hilly areas.