Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2012, 09:20   #1531
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Since you have not mentioned the time your flight arrives, I presume it is during reasonable hours to look at public transport options.

I would also suggest radio cab service to pick you up from the airport and take you to Nigdi. Convenient and no change-overs.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 09:43   #1532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Since you have not mentioned the time your flight arrives, I presume it is during reasonable hours to look at public transport options.

I would also suggest radio cab service to pick you up from the airport and take you to Nigdi. Convenient and no change-overs.
+1 to this.
Wings radio cabs is the first option that comes to my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Hallo Leute,
I am posting this query here since the thread title says route queries too!
I know you mentioned public transport preferably, but Pune's public transport options are far from being the most convenient option. If not the cabs, then what @autoindian suggested is good enough.

Do be careful of the cab/autos at the airport - not entirely to be trusted. Also if I remember correctly, there are paid auto options available inside the airport terminal. The rates were quite decent IMO.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 15:41   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I presume it is during reasonable hours to look at public transport options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
+1 to this.
Wings radio cabs is the first option that comes to my mind.
Ok, thanks for the pointers, I will check the cabs too. I thought, since my arrival is at 7 am, it shouldn't be an issue with public transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Google is good for academic purposes. It gives you near to perfect options, but not the perfect option
Seems to be quite a trustworthy friend. He has given you the right suggestion. Take an auto from Airport till Railway station, but tell him to drop you at Sadhu Vaswani Chowk (approx 6-7 kms), because this is from where the buses going to Nigdi & further leave. You can catch a bus either for Nigdi, Talegaon, Vadgaon, Dehugaon etc. All of these pass through Nidgi (approx 20 kms) & have a stop at Sri Krishna temple (it is bang on the highway), on the side opposite to where you would alight from the bus.
Your friend is right here again. The place where you would alight is also the bus stop for inter city, Pune-Mumbai ST buses. You can get buses for Mumbai (Parel), Dadar, Borivli etc from the very same place.
If you need on the spot assistance, please feel free to call me on my cell. Have sent you my number in a PM.
Thank you so much autoindian for pm'ing me ur number and for the detailed info. Any idea how much the auto's charge upto vaswani chowk?

By the way, do all buses go through khalamboli? (New panvel e-way) I have used the bang-mum Airavat and know that these guys use that route but not sure about the ones (stc) between pune and mum.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 19th December 2012 at 15:50.
Old 19th December 2012, 16:15   #1534
Senior - BHPian

A PMT bus caught fire today outside Garware college on Karve road. This was around 10am this morning while I was speeding away at 15 kmph to reach office by 9am.
I noticed some smoke when I reached Ranka jewellers heading towards Deccan and by the next 15 seconds this had billowed into a huge dark cloud. I passed the bus in the next 20 seconds and a huge crowd of collegians were filming the burning bus. No passengers inside and the fire was raging inside the front half of the bus. As I was already late, I didnt stop. Hopefully no injuries.

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the pointers, I will check the cabs too. I thought, since my arrival is at 7 am, it shouldn't be an issue with public transport.
Welcome to Pune, I presume you are flying in from Frankfurt? Please check for routes here:
http://www.pmpml.org/
or directly here:
http://punebusguide.org/

Be careful with names, they are spelt a bit differently than what we usually hear them as!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 16:45   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much autoindian for pm'ing me ur number and for the detailed info. Any idea how much the auto's charge upto vaswani chowk?
My pleasure Not sure @ the exact charges. A guesstimate is if you catch an auto from inside the airport premises you could be charged in the region of Rs 250/-. However if you catch the auto from outside the airport premises you could be charged @ Rs 75/- (or even as per meter). In short the autos within the airport charge you almost 3 times that of normal charges.

Quote:
By the way, do all buses go through khalamboli? (New panvel e-way) I have used the bang-mum Airavat and know that these guys use that route but not sure about the ones (stc) between pune and mum.
Before boarding the bus ask if they are going through the expressway. Nowadays majority of the ST buses take the expressway route. All the Shivneri (MSRTC Volvo) buses take the e'way.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 12:14   #1536
Senior - BHPian

That road between Pune and Bombay is back at it. Two well know actors from the Marathi film/ TV industry and the 2 year old child of one of them died in an accident yesterday night

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.a...nal&nid=309019
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 16:38   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
That road between Pune and Bombay is back at it. Two well know actors from the Marathi film/ TV industry and the 2 year old child of one of them died in an accident yesterday night

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.a...nal&nid=309019
Thanks for sharing selfdrive. Very very tragical indeed. It seems accident occurred shortly after midnight when a rashly driven tempo on the Mumbai-Pune lane climbed on the road divider and rammed into the Wagon R car coming in the opposite (Pune-Mumbai) lane, near the Urse Toll checkpost. Poor fellows had to pay the price with their life for no fault of theirs.

RIP the deceased & hope such tragedies don't happen in future.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-abhyankar-pendse.jpg
Old 24th December 2012, 17:03   #1538
BHPian

As being discussed time and again, it is surely time to revisit the YC Expressway and safety audit followed by immediate action is necessary.

Apart from these celebrities many other lives are lost for want of safety measures that need to be implemented on YC expressway. Particularly, after the dark safety becomes major issue on YC expressway.

I hope the government and the keeper (IRB) wake up and take corrective steps soon.
Old 24th December 2012, 17:03   #1539
Senior - BHPian

^Sad to hear about the demise of those who met with the accident.

On another topic, does anyone know if there is a circus in town, anywhere?
Old 24th December 2012, 17:06   #1540
BHPian

The Tempo involved in the accident lost control and came onto the wrong side of the road! Poor people had no idea what was coming towards them!

Here's the link to the pic of the Wagon R involved in the Accident! As usual, the driver of the Tempo is absconding!

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2012/dec...d-accident.htm
Old 24th December 2012, 17:40   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Hallo Leute,

I am posting this query here since the thread title says route queries too!

1. I will be in Pune for a friend's marriage and I am arriving by flight. Can someone guide me with the best route (shortest possible changeovers) from Pune (Lohegaon airport) to Nigdi Srikrishna temple ? (preferably Public transport).

2. The best place to catch a bus to Mumbai from Nigdi? What buses pass through this place? I heard from my friend that this is on the way to Mumbai.

I have done my google search and have a printout of the maps, but my friend suggested some different route, hence requesting you guys for more suggestions.

The route google gave me:

Bus no: 158 from Officers Mess till Kalyani Nagar and take Bus no.: 312B untill Pimpri Transport nagar(nigdi)

Route my friend suggested:

Take an auto from Airport till Railway station and catch a bus from there to Nigdi.

Thanks for your suggestions.
I do not know if I am late in giving suggestions.

1. If you are lucky, you will get bus no. 158A right opposite airport. Timings - 0000, 0010, 0650, 0700, 0820, 0910, 1040, 1110, 1230, 1250, 1450, 1525, 1700, 1720, 1850, 1900, 2220

2. Else you need to walk for half km (to your right as you get out) till officer's mess to get bus no. 158 that has frequency of 30 minutes.

3. Both these buses will pass through Pune Rly station, Pune Municipal Corporation. If you get down at Alankar talkies just near Pune Rly stn the terminus from where buses start for Nigdi is nearby. Also if you get down at Corporation again you will get buses for Nigdi right there.

4. For going to Mumbai you will get buses from near Nigdi. Please check for nearby MSRTC pickup location.

5. Other option is to get taxi from Airport to whatever point. There are three options - Wings - 020 40100100, Traveltime - 020 66000000, Tcabs - 020 67286728 All of them charge Rs. 17 per km during daytime and 21.25 per km during night (2300 - 0600) Minimum fare is Rs. 50 for first three km. Pune Rly station is 8 kms from Airport. Taxi is better option than auto as auto will demand half return fare and ultimately if works out almost same but that taxi is AC, faster and assured.

You may choose to take taxi directly to Nigdi that should be approx 25 kms and should cost you 400 odd Rs during daytime.
Old 24th December 2012, 17:42   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Apart from the multiple circus acts and innumerable clowns on the road, there is usually one at the river (?) side behind Deccan bus stand. Not sure if it is still around now.
Old 24th December 2012, 17:49   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
According to google-baba, Rambo Circus from 2-31 Jan, Deccan Circus Ground. I'm guessing this is the big amusement park thing near Z-bridge on the banks of the river.

Cheers,
Rahul

EDIT: Posted after Selfdrive, same place. There's always something crazy happening there.

Last edited by voodoochild : 24th December 2012 at 17:51.
Old 24th December 2012, 21:29   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
^Sad to hear about the demise of those who met with the accident.

Rambo? circus-Not sure of the name but its some circus for sure .
Its next to Magarpatta City in Hadapsar on the grounds towards Mundhwa bridge.
Old 24th December 2012, 21:50   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Apart from the multiple circus acts and innumerable clowns on the road, there is usually one at the river (?) side behind Deccan bus stand. Not sure if it is still around now.
That is a fair AFAIK - not a circus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
According to google-baba, Rambo Circus from 2-31 Jan, Deccan Circus Ground. I'm guessing this is the big amusement park thing near Z-bridge on the banks of the river.

Cheers,
Rahul

EDIT: Posted after Selfdrive, same place. There's always something crazy happening there.
Sure about that one? I read that the circus got over on 6 Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings View Post
Rambo? circus-Not sure of the name but its some circus for sure .
Its next to Magarpatta City in Hadapsar on the grounds towards Mundhwa bridge.
Looks like this one is where I should go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks