Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 15:43   #1696
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

No. The funds don't come from PMC. Since its the highway that's being widened, the funds would ideally come from the Govt. perhaps.
Apparently, there seems to be a "difference of opinion" on budgeting, between the officials and contractors, and hence all work has been put on hold.

Don't hold me to the above view though. This information was received from a highly reliable source - the tapriwala outside DLF. Given his connections, he might as well be right!
Old 9th January 2014, 15:45   #1697
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Swanand,
You should have stopped at "information was received from a highly reliable source" - would have made the point definitely believable!
Old 9th January 2014, 16:02   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Don't hold me to the above view though. This information was received from a highly reliable source - the tapriwala outside DLF. Given his connections, he might as well be right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
^^Swanand,
You should have stopped at "information was received from a highly reliable source" - would have made the point definitely believable!
The guy with the Q7? If so, I believe that!
Old 9th January 2014, 16:03   #1699
BHPian

So all road works have stopped? What about the underpass near Simla office, the flyover after Indira institute towards Mum-Pun Expwy and the road widening near COEP? All of them are no longer being constructed?
Old 9th January 2014, 16:08   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The guy with the Q7? If so, I believe that!
Yes, the guy with the Q7 as one of his vehicles! He's got a major hold on the 4 villages surrounding HJW, and hence probable political connections too. We all know, to which party, these villagers have an alliance to. Lets leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
So all road works have stopped? What about the underpass near Simla office, the flyover after Indira institute towards Mum-Pun Expwy and the road widening near COEP? All of them are no longer being constructed?
Not sure about all those roads. But at least, all work on the Mum-Pune bypass has stopped.
IIRC, the underpass near Simla office is still underway. So is the COEP flyover work.
Old 9th January 2014, 16:14   #1701
BHPian

Watch out for a new recipe for rear-ending cooked on university road between university junction and bremen chowk. This speed-breaker, after raj-bhavan, is very unpredictable as there are no junctions nearby. Further this is un-marked since it has come up in last 2 days.
Old 15th January 2014, 11:18   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ojas, all road widening for the bypass has been "on hold" status. No clue as to why, but if you notice, all work has stopped. Not only flyovers, but even the widening has all but halted.
Ohh man. This is mighty bad news. If they are aborting the plans the least they can do is demolish those pillars and make the highway proper again. The state of the current diversions/service roads is rubbish, narrow and has made the criss crossing traffic problem, the one the flyovers were supposed to solve, worse. This is especially true for the stretch near near Crystal Honda.

Did anyone see the accident with the grey Swift today morning ? There was a long jam just after sus exit (towards Mumbai) , presumably caused by the bashed up Swift. Hope there were no casualties.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:00   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
If they are aborting the plans the least they can do is demolish those pillars and make the highway proper again.
+1
Quote:
Did anyone see the accident with the grey Swift today morning ? There was a long jam just after sus exit (towards Mumbai) , presumably caused by the bashed up Swift. Hope there were no casualties.
I was in the same traffic jam. Condition of swift was bad. I hope no one was seating on rear left seat where it took most of the impact.
radek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 13:26   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
+1

I was in the same traffic jam. Condition of swift was bad. I hope no one was seating on rear left seat where it took most of the impact.
Heard someone reporting on Radio One that there were no casualties. Per that report, the Swift was southbound, but when I saw it, it was parked on the shoulder of northbound lane...
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 21:02   #1705
BHPian

5 Years of driving in New Delhi, 2 years in Bangalore and not a single scratch on any of vehicles.
2 years in Pune, suspensions tweaks and doors rattling are a part of life.
:-)
Incidents:
Cab driver hits front fender while car is parked on MG road
8 seater public transport door opens on driver side fender while car is stationary at a traffic signal.
Today morning, a TATA407 fails to apply brake hits vehicle from behind.

In addition, story of my issues with the RTO, 1.5 years of struggle to get a KA change to MH, is just making my stay in MH eventful day after day.
Old 23rd January 2014, 13:28   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Anyone heading towards Paud phata from Karve statue, please watch out for a new temporary structure with plants and branches in the middle lane at Karishma chowk (outside Papa Johns, before McD)

If you want to turn right towards City Pride/ Swapnashilp stay in the right lane. If you want to go straight to Paud phata/ Nal stop/ Deccan keep in the left lane. Looks like some digging has been done there and cordoned off by the foliage.

Again, this could be a 'shifting' dig, so if I see an update I will post here
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 20:21   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Live update.

Humungous traffic jam on bypass, from Praj exit till Chandani Chowk.
Stuck since last 45 mins.
Anyone planning to take the route, please avoid.
Old 31st January 2014, 20:40   #1708
BHPian

From what I could see while coming down from Chandani chowk the traffic jam extended well after Chandani chowk. The traffic coming from Bavdhan / Paud was slow as vehicles wanting to join bypass queued up on the slope.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:40   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Work finally seems to have a resumed on the NH4. I could see work going on near Baner, and was informed by the sarpanch of one the places bordering the highway, that others will be taken up really soon as well. The Bavdhan stretch (Praj->Chelaram Diabetes Institute) is really becoming a hind section pain every evening.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:44   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Ojas, all road widening for the bypass has been "on hold" status. No clue as to why, but if you notice, all work has stopped. Not only flyovers, but even the widening has all but halted.
Over the last few days, have seen road crew resurfacing the service road between HEMRL and Pashan-Sus overpass. Also a stretch of NH4 has got a new layer (why the service road and not NH4 continues to baffle me!). This morning, saw that the flyover construction before Baner overbridge seems to have resumed. A JCB and construction crew was seen engaged in some work.

This combined with Ojas's update on the HJW traffic thread makes me think there is some renewed focus to get these pending work done soon.

Most Viewed