Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2014, 15:32   #1756
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
After trying it all, I decided to choose this alternative:

Attachment 1234546

I got this made from a fabrication shop close to my house. It is much larger and durable than what is available in malls. Total cost: Rs.13500/- including antique-gold paint.
PERFECT!

This is exactly what I was looking for! Started searching for these online, but couldn't find any option in India. Then I shifted to cane options. Unfortunately I can't pm you (due to your newbie status), but would it be possible to share more detail of the place where you got this made? I'd probably put in an order asap!!

Really appreciate you sharing this
Old 26th April 2014, 18:00   #1757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
PERFECT!
would it be possible to share more detail of the place where you got this made? I'd probably put in an order asap!!

Really appreciate you sharing this
You are welcome. I got it made from Sai-Prasad Fabrication. The workshop is near Planet Millennium Society, Rakshak Chowk (PCMC). The guy's name is Rahul (Tel. 9860601611). I found him to be very creative and cooperative. We came up with the design together. This was his first Jhula ever and he did a splendid job.

Similar (but smaller) versions of this are available ready-made at the furniture stores in Aundh (under Reliance Mart building) and also at Nirmiti furniture showroom at Null Stop.
EcoBeast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 15:38   #1758
BHPian

Since last couple of days, the diversion at Bavdhan gaon on NH4 (Katraj-Dehu road bypass) has been extended, and the north-bound traffic has been diverted to the service road. Now this service road has been re-laid recently, and two speed breakers have been put on it. These speed breakers are causing a pile up during rush hours, resulting in over 10 min in crossing the junction. The south-bound traffic at the same junction already causes snarls in the evening due to crossing vehicles below the perpetually under-construction flyover.

The commute time on the highway is just increasing, with no end to the 6-laning work in site..
Old 1st June 2014, 15:17   #1759
BHPian

Friends,

I am hearing there is a big Traffic jam at the Pune end of Mumbai Pune expressway. This is especially so at the Talegaon toll Naka. This seems to have started due to the agitation by Shiv Sainiks at various places in Pune. Anyone know what is the current situation over there? And how is the overall traffic on the expressway? My friend is travelling to Mumbai as of now and is worried if he can reach on time.

Thanks!!
Old 11th June 2014, 12:54   #1760
Senior - BHPian

A colleague told me that fuel pumps in Pune are planning to go on a "no purchase" strike from tonight. Any truth to this, or just a rumour?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 11th June 2014, 21:58   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
A colleague told me that fuel pumps in Pune are planning to go on a "no purchase" strike from tonight. Any truth to this, or just a rumour?

Cheers,
Vikram
Going by the dateline, this is yesterday's news item...
http://www.dnaindia.com/pune/report-...onight-1994758

I found multiple reports in today's newspaper about the stolen master key, but nowhere was a strike mentioned.
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 19:18   #1762
BHPian

Guys, just happened to travel from Dange Chowk towards Warje. After turning left from Bhumkar chowk, I saw diversion due to upcoming U turn small bridge construction. Daily traffic jams in the evening from the diversion till Hinjewadi flyover. Even two wheeler can't go past easily.

Anyone taking that route is requested to take the Kalewadi phata -> Hinjewadi flyover route. Don't take the flyover and just turn left to go towards Warje. You will save time and fuel.
Old 13th June 2014, 10:28   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
Guys, just happened to travel from Dange Chowk towards Warje. After turning left from Bhumkar chowk, I saw diversion due to upcoming U turn small bridge construction. Daily traffic jams in the evening from the diversion till Hinjewadi flyover. Even two wheeler can't go past easily.

Anyone taking that route is requested to take the Kalewadi phata -> Hinjewadi flyover route. Don't take the flyover and just turn left to go towards Warje. You will save time and fuel.
Thanks Mate. but it will be really helpful, if you can more clearly specify the diversion etc , esp for people who are not that conversant with the road map of that area. may be a pictorial representation will help us, to follow your suggestion effectively.
Old 14th June 2014, 20:46   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Thanks Mate. but it will be really helpful, if you can more clearly specify the diversion etc , esp for people who are not that conversant with the road map of that area. may be a pictorial representation will help us, to follow your suggestion effectively.
Please see the following sketch. Forgive me for the not so good format . I have tried to explain as much as I can. Please refer google maps or wikimapia to get accurate description.

Between Bhumkar Chowk and flyover to Hinjewadi I found traffic jam.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-traffic-diversion.jpg
Old 1st July 2014, 13:46   #1765
Senior - BHPian

Guys will be traveling from Mumbai to Pune via Airloi- wakad- Kharadi and to magarpatta. Any tips best routes to follow are welcome.Also any CNG pumps once i reach the above places will be helpful. I hope there is no mumbai like flood prone areas in pune.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st July 2014, 17:58   #1766
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys will be traveling from Mumbai to Pune via Airloi- wakad- Kharadi and to magarpatta. Any tips best routes to follow are welcome.Also any CNG pumps once i reach the above places will be helpful. I hope there is no mumbai like flood prone areas in pune.

Thanks in advance.
The time you choose to enter Pune will make a lot of difference in the route you take.

A simple route from Mumbai to Kharadi for someone who is not much aware of the short cuts etc:

<Starting point> - Airoli - Turbe - Panvel - Expressway - turn left on Balewadi Phata towards Baner - keep going straight till you reach University circle - take right and keep going on University road towards Shivaji Nagar - Take left at Sancheti Hospital - cross bridge over railway track - take right at junction after bridge - Sangamwadi bridge - Le Meridian hotel - keep straight on DP Road - cross Yerwada bridge - take right after bridge - keep straight on Nagar road -Pheonix mall - Kharadi

Edit: Not sure about CNG stations on this route, but you could access this link to get details. There is one listed in Nagar road, Wagholi which should be not very far from your destination, Kharadi

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st July 2014 at 18:03.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 18:01   #1767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The time you choose to enter Pune will make a lot of difference in the route you take.

A simple route from Mumbai to Kharadi for someone who is not much aware of the short cuts etc:

<Starting point> - Airoli - Turbe - Panvel - Expressway - turn left on Balewadi Phata towards Baner - keep going straight till you reach University circle - take right and keep going on University road towards Shivaji Nagar - Take left at Sancheti Hospital - cross bridge over railway track - take right at junction after bridge - Sangamwadi bridge - Le Meridian hotel - keep straight on DP Road - cross Yerwada bridge - take right after bridge - keep straight on Nagar road -Pheonix mall - Kharadi

I will be leaving from mumbai on monday at 6:15 am or so. I have to go to wakad and Kharadi as i have to drop off two of my friends there who are accompanying me. Also i will be using the GPS (google maps)

Thanks

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 1st July 2014 at 18:02.
Old 8th July 2014, 20:58   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I will be leaving from mumbai on monday at 6:15 am or so. I have to go to wakad and Kharadi as i have to drop off two of my friends there who are accompanying me. Also i will be using the GPS (google maps)

Thanks
Hi sumeethaldankar,

The route mentioned by ninjatalli is the best and most easiest to follow. Also this route will have sparse traffic if you can reach the University Circle before 9.30.

A few pointers
1. After exiting the expressway, drive till you see hotel VITS (a red colored monstrosity on your right hand side) You will have to take the side road to reach Baner road and then subsequently to University Circle.

2. In case you miss the above exit, go further 2 kms and take the exit towards Pashan. There will be a slight climb up from the bypass and when you reach the top take the left to go towards Pashan. The landmark is a big car dealership on your right side. Now follow the directions to the University Circle and continue the route as suggested above.

There are further options as well ahead but it is better to stick to these routes.

Cheers
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 10:39   #1769
Senior - BHPian

Pune Traffic Police launches new traffic app for Punekars

Punekars can now enjoy the convenience of a real time traffic app for their android smartphones. Pune city traffic police department launched this app on Wednesday, designed for more efficient circulation of traffic related information for the app users. The citizens have to download the special code for the app, after which they can enjoy its benefits.

Key features of this app are:
1. Fines for violation
2. Live Traffic
3. Frequently Asked Questions
4. Vehicle Towing Location.
5. Public Notice
6. Feedback
7. Road Safety Patrol
8. Road Safety Tips
9. Pune Police Information
10. Emergency Contacts
11. Pune Traffic Police Department Information
12. Location of nearest Police Stations.
13. Useful Website Links
14. Auto Fare
15. Photo and Video Gallery
16. Traffic Signage

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 10th July 2014 at 10:42.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 12:18   #1770
Senior - BHPian

I recently moved into Pune from Mumbai.Its been 2 months.i start getting jittery the moment i start driving in Pune.Absolute zero traffic sense.On common sense-If I could rate below zero I would do that.The share ricks are the most dangerous ones on road.They spew out smoke have no headlights and are overloaded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks