Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 14:54   #2026
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Would like to post a dash cam footage of mine starring some classic lawless morons and their actions at a traffic crossing in this city.
Unfortunately this behavior is now prevalent in the city. People think its their right to drive any which way they want. If you try to confront them, they just become aggressive and start abusing you.

If such behavior is not controlled then this menace will only increase. People don't think twice to just enter the wrong lane and start driving on the wrong side. Many a times I have seen that if there is a traffic jam, then instead of waiting, people immediately move to the other side of the divider and start driving on the extreme left lane. All you need is one person to do this and immediately you have hundreds following him/her.

Its a pretty sad state of affairs.
Old 6th December 2017, 12:22   #2027
BHPian

Read in the local newspapers that the traffic in Hinjewadi has become smooth due to the various steps taken by the traffic police.

The article also mentioned that daily commuters were now satisfied and happy. It featured the opinions of some commuters. Has it really become smooth ? What caused such a transformation ?

In other news - had a narrow escape today as a car jumped out from a side street without any heed to the traffic on the main road. I literally had to stand on the brakes to avoid hitting the car sideways. It was a lady driving so no expletives but just a hand gesture asking what are you doing lady
Old 6th December 2017, 15:09   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Read in the local newspapers that the traffic in Hinjewadi has become smooth due to the various steps taken by the traffic police.
Cummon man! Give the cops the credit on making the rains go away. Thats the only thing which I feel has made the traffic smooth. If its smooth even after the next rains, then definitely they have done something. Lets wait and watch
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 15:32   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just checked if today is the first day of April

Normally during winters, a lot of folks in Pune switch to using 2 wheelers instead of cars. Also, many of us IT labourers try to finish off our annual holidays in December which cannot be carried forward.
Maybe it is a combination of all the above factors. Let us wait for the first complete working week in 2018 to see the real situation.

If they have indeed made some changes, the good times should last longer
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 20:00   #2030
BHPian

Quote:
They reduced the circumference of Wipro circle in phase 2 of Hinjewadi. It was a very big factor that made traffic flow smooth.

In few months, I am expecting the road to be 6 lane as work is progressing at good pace. Only obstacle are HV electric towers.

And yes, it has become smooth in morning. I generally leave from Pimple Saudagar around 0800 to 0815 hours on a bike to Hinjewadi phase 2 and my time to reach office is 20 minutes.

I remember on one rainy day in monsoons, every access road to Hinjewadi was clogged and myself and biker were discussing whether to bunk office that day!

Yes, many people opting for bikes after rainy season is also a reason for smooth traffic.

The trick in evening is to avoid when Infosys and Metro Zip buses are scheduled to leave. They clog sometimes the traffic.
rst89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:18   #2031
BANNED

My query is regarding current rioting that’s going on in Pune .

I stay in Kharadi and I could come to my office in Viman nagar without any incident. Nagar road stretch from Kharadi bypass till Phoenix mall is relatively empty, but no untidy situation.

But my wife has to take a cab to NIBM in the afternoon. She had to cross the Hadapsar area. So are Hadapsar and nearby areas also affected or that area is relatively safe. It would be much helpful, if anyone from Hadapsar or nearby area can update situation.
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:22   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
But my wife has to take a cab to NIBM in the afternoon. She had to cross the Hadapsar area. So are Hadapsar and nearby areas also affected or that area is relatively safe. It would be much helpful, if anyone from Hadapsar or nearby area can update situation.
Colleagues from NIBM area have arrived in office via Hadapsar without any incidents in the morning. Looks like people are pretty much following their routine, though I am not aware of shops/ small businesses.
However, I would recommend checking again a little before the time of departure. You never know if some elements wake up a little later in the day
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 09:16   #2033
Senior - BHPian

Slow moving traffic (to put it mildly) anticipated in Kharadi today evening, due to a political rally on the ground adjacent to Zensar, from 17:00 onwards:

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-img20180412wa0000.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 12th April 2018, 09:25   #2034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Slow moving traffic (to put it mildly) anticipated in Kharadi today evening, due to a political rally on the ground adjacent to Zensar, from 17:00 onwards:
we received a notice yesterday from our admin head recommending to use the Nagar road as the road to/ from Zensar would be closed/ blocked off.
Planning to leave early to avoid the shenanigans that would obviously spill over to the nearby roads.

I also saw yesterday some flex boards proclaiming some rallies on 14th April; we need to plan any weekend travel accordingly.

Last edited by selfdrive : 12th April 2018 at 09:26.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 09:43   #2035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Planning to leave early to avoid the shenanigans that would obviously spill over to the nearby roads..
Early = ? Any spare seats available? If yes, will pile on, if an early start is possible for me too (haven't got my bike today).

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 12th April 2018, 14:20   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Early = ? Any spare seats available? If yes, will pile on, if an early start is possible for me too (haven't got my bike today).
Sure, will call/ PM you
I will be leaving a little earlier than planned
Old 12th April 2018, 14:36   #2037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I also saw yesterday some flex boards proclaiming some rallies on 14th April; we need to plan any weekend travel accordingly.
14th April is Ambedkar jayanthi, better to stay indoors and chill
Old 27th April 2018, 20:10   #2038
BHPian

Saw this on Pune Traffic police FB page, policeman giving traffic awareness sticker to a rider without a helmet. When I commented on the pic they simply deleted it.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-screenshot_20180421192839.png  

Old 18th June 2018, 09:30   #2039
Team-BHP Support

Quick question. Does anyone have an update on the latest status of Pune - Paud - Pawana - Kamshet - Pune road? I know Kamshet Pune is quite ok and Pune upto Paud is decent. I am planning to ride on this route on Wednesday morning. Any update will be of great help.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-map.jpg

Thanks!
Old 24th June 2018, 11:27   #2040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Quick question. Does anyone have an update on the latest status of Pune - Paud - Pawana - Kamshet - Pune road? I know Kamshet Pune is quite ok and Pune upto Paud is decent. I am planning to ride on this route on Wednesday morning. Any update will be of great help.

Attachment 1772595

Thanks!

Took this route over the weekend for a short spin out of the city. Total time taken to complete the loop is < 2 hours. It's a fun drive with some breathtaking views the country side has to offer.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks