Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2011, 17:38   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Guys, why not start updating on roads that do not have any potholes! I know thats a tough task, but I am sure there might be at least one stretch in Pune that does not have potholes (like the one near my house)!

Saw a chain of rear endings while heading back home last night. This was opposite VITS/Balewadi, on that flyover. The road post that is filled with potholes, and I presume someone must have breaked hard to avoid the potholes. That caused the chain reaction. At least 4 cars were affected.
Old 8th September 2011, 18:05   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Guys, why not start updating on roads that do not have any potholes! I know thats a tough task, but I am sure there might be at least one stretch in Pune that does not have potholes (like the one near my house)!

Saw a chain of rear endings while heading back home last night. This was opposite VITS/Balewadi, on that flyover. The road post that is filled with potholes, and I presume someone must have breaked hard to avoid the potholes. That caused the chain reaction. At least 4 cars were affected.
The road from Wipro phase 2 to infosys phase 2 does not have even a single pot hole. I guess that was the best road ever made in Pune. Not a single pot hole in 3 years (?)
Old 8th September 2011, 18:51   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
The road from Wipro phase 2 to infosys phase 2 does not have even a single pot hole. I guess that was the best road ever made in Pune. Not a single pot hole in 3 years (?)
JM Road, before they dug it up/ one wayed it. No potholes in a long time, but then it has awesome tree cover so no direct exposure to the elements.
Old 8th September 2011, 19:02   #274
BHPian

Couple more pothole free road which comes to mind :
1. DP road which runs from Mahatma Society --> Kumar Parisar and meets Karve road.
2. Karve road from Nal stop to Deccan is also relatively pothole free.
Old 8th September 2011, 22:44   #275
dot
Senior - BHPian

I had an amazing drive today. Kalyani Nagar- New Sangamwadi bridge - Deccan - Kothrud - Paud Road - Chandni Chawk - Pashan - PUC - Range Hill road - Khadki -Kalyani Nagar. The amazing thing was: I didnt find any new potholes.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 23:09   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
I didnt find any new potholes.
Liked the use of the word New

The road from Hinjewadi chowk till the flyover also does not have any potholes only some concrete manhole covers.

The internal road in my society from the gate to my parking slot does not have any potholes. Is there anything else that needs to be said about Pune roads.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 23:13   #277
BHPian

The road from Dapodi to Pimpri is almost pothole free, with just the speedbreakers for company on the service roads. The freeway is very smooth. One of the best roads in Pune.

Overall, I feel Pimpri roads are better than Pune roads.

The worst pothole I have seen is on the Warje flyover. It took me by surprise and can easily lead to acccidents.
Old 9th September 2011, 08:47   #278
Senior - BHPian

You should see the bridge just before the mundhwa chowk across the river. It is dis-integrating with huge craters. God knows when they will repair it.

Dot are you using this bridge?

Last edited by F150 : 9th September 2011 at 08:54.
Old 9th September 2011, 09:49   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Later on authorities have realized that this road sits at bottom of PH ratings. Hence to do justice to other roads they have put huge bumps near pharma company.
P.S: PH ratings = Pot Hole ratings
Old 9th September 2011, 11:01   #280
Senior - BHPian

Well I have seen another rear ending incident. The gentleman in a Ford Fiesta was trying to slowdown as he was midway on the balewadi flyover. But the Maruti vehicle behind him was in too much of a hurry and ended up kissing the back of Ford! As usual, the Maruti guy was arguing with Ford guy that it was his mistake!! I am seeing an accident or two EVERYDAY!!!!
Old 9th September 2011, 11:05   #281
Senior - BHPian

Wah Wah, you guys have actually taken my rhetorical suggestion very seriously .
Good to know that there are at least few roads in Pune that do not have any potholes (new or decade old).

The new Sangamwadi bridge is a boon for those travelling to that side from Deccan. Problem being, just a patch in between is really bad. Why not do the whole road? Its such an amazing road to drive otherwise.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 11:14   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Selected Surface Transport Ministry and lodged a complaint. Lets see what comes up.
Hey Amit, did you get any response to your RTI query ?

I guess we should do something similar for the balewadi crater. If Anil sees one or two every day during his 15 minute commute, I am sure the actual number must be 10 times more.
Old 9th September 2011, 11:30   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
The road from Dapodi to Pimpri is almost pothole free, with just the speedbreakers for company on the service roads. The freeway is very smooth. One of the best roads in Pune.
Overall, I feel Pimpri roads are better than Pune roads.

The worst pothole I have seen is on the Warje flyover. It took me by surprise and can easily lead to acccidents.
Agree 100%. In fact the road from Nigdi to Dapodi is what a bypass should be like. Not the pathetic wannabe between Katraj and Dehu Road. PCMC roads are in much better state than in PMC or cantonment areas.

The Warje pothole is really bad, there are also competing ones on that bypass near Praj and on the Baner flyover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Couple more pothole free road which comes to mind :
1. DP road which runs from Mahatma Society --> Kumar Parisar and meets Karve road.
2. Karve road from Nal stop to Deccan is also relatively pothole free.
DP road outside Kumar Parisar is all dug up and there is a lot of mud strewn all over now. No potholes on that stretch, but that road between Mahesh Vidyalaya and Karve statue has also been dug up at various places. I do remember experiencing some bumps near the Bhelkenagar roundabout, but they could have been drains.
Old 9th September 2011, 11:57   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Hey Amit, did you get any response to your RTI query ?

I guess we should do something similar for the balewadi crater. If Anil sees one or two every day during his 15 minute commute, I am sure the actual number must be 10 times more.
No Ojas. No response. I have also lost the tracking number now as my laptop crashed. So no way to follow it up.

I think all the vehicles using the pot holed roads should send invoices for car maintenance to the government. I am sure all the contractors would be rubbing their palms in anticipation of more contracts to earn a quick buck.

@selfdrive - What is the status of your RTI request?
Old 9th September 2011, 12:01   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@selfdrive - What is the status of your RTI request?
I havent received anything yet. I do have the number though, so will try to find out what happened and put up an update here. Hopefully this evening.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks