Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 10:59   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Last evening arond 7:15, there was an accident on the bypass. Right after the Praj turn. It involved a company bus and a two wheeler. Lots of traffic had stopped at that time.
By the looks of it, the accident looked to be fatal, as I could see a person lying on the road with no movements whatsoever. Immediately behind me was an ambulance, hence didnt stop to help.
Old 25th October 2011, 11:36   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The new Sangamwadi bridge work is now complete. What a wonderful road that has become. Hope the auhtorities do not mess up with that road at least.
Yeah, forgot to report this. They have done a fair job. Hopefully it will last for another year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
The bad patch on the necklace stretch towards pashan is seeing some freshly laid tar finally! I will comment about the quality once i pass through while going home.
Quality and roads? kabhi nahi. It is just a makeshift arrangement. Should hold up ok until the monsoons arrive in 2012.

Quote:
Last evening arond 7:15, there was an accident on the bypass. Right after the Praj turn. It involved a company bus and a two wheeler. Lots of traffic had stopped at that time.
By the looks of it, the accident looked to be fatal, as I could see a person lying on the road with no movements whatsoever. Immediately behind me was an ambulance, hence didnt stop to help.
This must be your 5th (if not more) report of an accident around Praj industries. Someone needs to start another online petition to get this rectified by the authorities.
Old 25th October 2011, 11:46   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Seriously?
Another murder over Navratra group rivalry - Indian Express

And to think the only thing I am worried about here is that 100 cars were damaged. I have added myself to the insensitive group
Quote:
Bala, I'm with you in the insensitive group. But come to think of it, isnt this a silly reason for starting an argument? People have a lot of time on hand, it seems.
What can we do ?

These "Guntha-mantris" are a huuuuge menace to civil society. Selling their ancestral land has given them truckloads of easy money and a ticket to be a grand thug. Ofcourse, during their annual appraisals,these thugs get promoted to small time politicians, with big time egos.
Even though they dress similarly in a starched white shirt+gold*(glasses+bracelets+chains+rings) , their hierarchy can be determined by their respective white car. White Fortuner>White Scorpio>White Swift VDi.
99.99% with a fancy number plate and opaque black tints all around.
Their offences to us Pune Motorists include :
- Gross disregard for rules.
- High Beams.
- Gross disregard for their own safety as well as that of fellow motorists.
- Inflated egos and ready to get physical at the drop of a hat.
- Policemen on their payroll.

Burning vehicles of people who rub them in the wrong way seems to be their favorite modus operandi.
Not paid chanda for their hooliganism? Burn their vehicles.
Objected to their loud music and processions? Burn their vehicles.
Made eye contact? Burn their vehicles.

The cancer of the Guntha Mantris is spreading to all of Pune, especially the fringe areas. Thanks to enormous political patronage, this growth is never going to be arrested, and anarchy is only going to increase exponentially.

I hate what has happened to my city.
sajo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 11:49   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yeah, forgot to report this. They have done a fair job. Hopefully it will last for another year.

Quality and roads? kabhi nahi. It is just a makeshift arrangement. Should hold up ok until the monsoons arrive in 2012.

This must be your 5th (if not more) report of an accident around Praj industries. Someone needs to start another online petition to get this rectified by the authorities.

Yes Kiran,
As expected it is just a make shift fix for the potholes. Not a complete relay of Tar. Alas !
Old 25th October 2011, 11:56   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I hate what has happened to my city.
Amen buddy. This deterioration has accelerated in the last 3-4 years, and only someone living in a parallel universe would bet in favour of things improving. I pray daily for someone like Julio Ribeiro to come and take charge of the law & order situation in Pune.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 25th October 2011 at 12:00.
Old 25th October 2011, 11:58   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yes Kiran. I think an online petition is highly due. Every week I see at least one accident on the bypass. Some are serious, and some not so. But, bottom line is - the entire stretch from Chandani Chowk to Wakad overbridge is risky.

I admire the guts of two wheelers who drive, no, zoom on that road with no basic protecttive gear like helmets. It only takes one wrong move for a person to be history!

The accidents are a sad sight to see man.

Ojas: Amen! The city has gone to the dogs. The political kind! Just last week one such guntha mantri was acquitted in a land grabbing case. This person is apparently very famous in the Kothrud area too.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 25th October 2011 at 12:02. Reason: Added text
Old 25th October 2011, 12:06   #487
Senior - BHPian

What can be the solution to the Praj exit ? I dont think closing it down would work.
One option is to open the underground road (There is one, right?) used by HEMRL for public use. But then , a move that might be detrimental to national security.
Or Build a service road till the Mandir in Sutarwadi/edge of Pashan lake , and merge using an underground road there. Another expensive proposition.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:08   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I admire the guts of two wheelers who drive, no, zoom on that road with no basic protecttive gear like helmets. It only takes one wrong move for a person to be history!

Ojas: Amen! The city has gone to the dogs. The political kind! Just last week one such guntha mantri was acquitted in a land grabbing case. This person is apparently very famous in the Kothrud area too.
Swanand: Bikers without lids; guts or stupidity?!
I know who you are talking about. Apparently for lack of evidence, correct? At the end of the day, all these goons are neck deep into land grabbing. Like Vikram said, we need someone strong enough to get rid of this unfortunate menace. They have no morals/ ethics. In a way I am glad I dont own any land, lest I be troubled by these thugs.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:17   #489
Senior - BHPian

This OT , but my childhood buddy's land was grabbed in Maan village recently. Its another matter that they atleast offered to pay for it and they had bought it for a paltry sum of 18,000 rupees in the 80s. The builder (wont name, but a politico), had already started building in the surrounding areas , and got an offer for a flat in exchange for his land. Atleast he got an offer. He was lucky in that respect.
The aforementioned land grabber I think got Pune's first orange Swift with the number 007 many years ago.

Ohh, and while we are on the subject of online petitions, the reason why the HJW one worked was only and only because the petition starter knew Ms.Sule personally, and very well at that. Us commoners have no hope.

Edit : Take a look at this article.

I for one, welcome a walking plaza on Laxmi Road. Where would we park though, in order to get to the walking plaza?

Last edited by sajo : 25th October 2011 at 12:26.
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 12:33   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What can be the solution to the Praj exit ? I dont think closing it down would work.
Why wouldnt it work?
See, people living in Bavdhan wanting to hit the highway - can always drive down to Sus road and then take the much logical and safe option of using the Sus overbridge.
For those wanting to head to Kothrud can make use of the same road till Chandani Chowk. Why have that death zone in the middle of a highway anyway?

Building an underground road to merge the highway is a much expensive option, which again would take eons to undertake.
Old 25th October 2011, 13:41   #491
BHPian

Quote:
One option is to open the underground road (There is one, right?) used by HEMRL for public use.
If I recall right, the HEMRL entry point is still some distance away as viewed from NH4. Allowing HJW bound users to drive under NH4 and merge from the other side is a perfectly valid option. Of course,I might be missing some really simple reason why not, but don't think it is National Security

BTW, if you take a left at D'Palace (on NDA road driving towards Pashan), that road connects with NH4 near the Talathi office. It's a much better place to cross over to HJW side lanes. It's a narrow road from NDA Road to NH4 though.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 12:03   #492
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at this article :

Poster boyz, News - Latest - Pune Mirror,Pune Mirror

Our neighbourhoods are becoming gang-infested. They call themselves "groups" , but are gangs nevertheless.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 14:50   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have a look at this article :

Poster boyz, News - Latest - Pune Mirror,Pune Mirror

Our neighbourhoods are becoming gang-infested. They call themselves "groups" , but are gangs nevertheless.
Some of the names of the groups from the article:

"Katta Group, Goli Group, Naughty Guys Group, ‘D’ Group, Enjoy Group, Nustad Group, Bhau Group, Banta Group, Matter Group, Jolly Group, No Fear Group, N P Group, Shakal Group, Yamraj Group, Hamraj Group, Maharaj Group, Talli Group and others."

Some of the names are hilarious to say the least. Creativity in the pits. The article states that the groups are formed to get an immediate identity Now in Kothrud i generally ignore all these banners. Next time around i would be taking a closer look to understand under which groups area do i live in. Sajo i think we both must be under the control of the same group.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 13:59   #494
Senior - BHPian

A couple of days ago I was driving along, and observed some kids near LaxmiNarayan Theater were actually firing rockets horizontally along the road! It used to go and hit the BRT barriers or fizz out on the other side. Imagine the scare person on that side might have got, because he/she wouldnt see it coming until it was right in the middle of their path.
Thankfully, the traffic was very light.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:45   #495
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
BTW, if you take a left at D'Palace (on NDA road driving towards Pashan), that road connects with NH4 near the Talathi office. It's a much better place to cross over to HJW side lanes. It's a narrow road from NDA Road to NH4 though.
A better alternative, if I may suggest, is to take a left at DSK Ranwara on NDA road and continue till the highway. Its freshly laid with a few speedbreakers and connects the highway right next to Kundan Hyundai. I use this very often and have stopped going via HEMRL / Praj industries.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed