Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 22:56   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Had my first interaction with a 'Changbhale' guy yesterday evening at JM road.
One more incident where I begin to think it is wiser not to interact with some strata of the society.
When those who have been meek and the narrow minded are in a position to assert themselves, they tend to do so violently.
They are busy raising a generation of morons too. There are dozens of such comparable stickers on cars we can think of. And should wisely steer clear of.
Old 6th December 2011, 10:52   #572
Senior - BHPian

Bala, I can understand the annoyance. But never indulge with these low life's. Specially when family is around.

Parking issues have been cropping up day in and day out, and honestly, its the Corporations responsibility to make sure, there is adequate parking space.
Having said that, it is also the people's responsibility to make sure that such things dont happen.

Its a sorry state of affairs.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:00   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

I can't believe our mild mannered dotty did that! It must have been a sight.

I agree with Swanand. Getting into arguments over such petty things is a waste of time and energy. I would rather spend the same time hunting for another spot. In a similar situation, the thing to do is request the other party politely to back off and let you park. If they disregard you and go ahead anyway, that is their problem, not yours. Laugh it off and move on.

Swami Noopananda
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 11:11   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I

Swami Noopananda

ROFL!!!

I do not know if it is the approaching 30s (I am 29 now) or is it becoming a father or it is the Hinjewadi traffic or the bitter realization that I cannot do a thing, I just mellowed down a lot in 26000 KMs of driving around.

I let morons be and secretly wish they instantly get blown off or something like that, but that's it, I just move on and try to ignore as many morons as possible, otherwise I am afraid I will get that MPD like Vikram in Aparichitudu.
Old 6th December 2011, 17:05   #575
BHPian

Talking about these presumptuous morons on our roads - cities / highways, there's a certain increase in their numbers lately.

After more than 15 yrs of driving, the road rage in me; off late has gone up.

Here we talk about co-operative driving and safety, while these nincampoons are having a glory time on the roads.

On a lighter note though :
@dotty - you won !
@sd - sorry mate..

That explains why I've recently changed my signature..

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 6th December 2011 at 17:10.
Old 6th December 2011, 17:19   #576
Senior - BHPian

Ok Punekars, this one has to be one of the weirdest case of road rage.

I was driving at 30 KMPH on a nearly empty road near Bavdhan at 1 PM on Saturday. One mini-truck in front of me stopped for something so I too stopped, obviously. But, this was not so obvious for the guy on Active behind me. He started honking like "pyaan pyaan pyaan pyaan pyaan pyaan..." x 100 times. So things started moving and he came close to my window and I asked him "Kashala horn wajavta rao. Rasta rikama ahe'(Why did you honk unnecessarily? The road is totally empty). His reply was funny and never-heard off in my 32 years of stay in Pune. He said "Punyat rahaycha asel tar horn chi savay hoylach pahije nahitar ja Latur la"(If you want to stay in Pune, you should get used to honking, otherwise shift to Latur).

This defies all the logic. There was no way I could get angry with this guy. I was just ROFL after hearing his response. Latur...why Latur of all places?
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 17:36   #577
Senior - BHPian

Ajay {...................}. Thats my reaction to the above incident. No one in his right state of mind can make statements like these. How ridiculous!

But honestly, has anyone noticed? Poeple actually make use of the horn liberally, only cuz its OEM. Using the same logic, why dont they use brains, which is also OEM.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 6th December 2011 at 17:37.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 18:04   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Poeple actually make use of the horn liberally, only cuz its OEM. Using the same logic, why dont they use brains, which is also OEM.
Because you have to pay for the car and nor for the brain?

Anyway, I think things are going from bad to worse. I see more and more people brazenly driving on the wrong side of the road, especially on Karve road, near MacDonald's people prefer the wrong side than taking a U turn near Dashabhuja. Couple of weeks ago, an idiot in a white fiesta came head on, he did not at all seem apologetic, so I gave him the finger, which made him angry but I moved on happily having annoyed him
Old 7th December 2011, 10:31   #579
BHPian

Well - it happened today. The Estilo got it's rear bumped by a yellow plate tempo traveller this morning. This was at the signal under the Wakad overbridge. I was on extreme right lane and was slowing down since the signal was turning red. The TT came from behind and I could feel the nice thud. Fortunately, since I was not fully stopped, I released the brakes to absorb some impact.
Damage to the bumper is that it has come loose from it's mounting under the rear hatch. No damage to the rear hatch and the tail lights are still intact. The numberplate is history though.

Got down immediately, made sure that the TT driver (about 25 yrs) got down as well. The traffic warden immediately came up and asked us to move to the side. The TT driver tried to play smart and escape but the warden ensure he parked on the side as well.

The gist of it was I insisted he pay for the damages. Standard arguement about no money on person etc etc followed. I did not relent - asked the driver to start calling people or I step over to the traffic cop and do things the official way. The price for the damage was to be ascertained so we made a quick drive to the MyCar showroom and talked to the denting painting guy. He estimated the repair cost at approx 2K.

Went back to accident scene and the driver got about 1500 Rs arranged from the employees he was ferrying. I told him we will put the car for repair, will keep the 1500 and his cell phone while he arranges for remaining amount. Went back to MyCar and the driver burst into tears. I then let go of the remaining amount and settled for 1500Rs.

Gave him a good piece of advice on braking distance etc and left for work. Just hoping there is no behind the scenes damage!
mmxylorider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 10:39   #580
Senior - BHPian

Which company was the TT ferrying employees for mmxy ?
The firm which eClrex and (i think) Wipro hire their TTs from have the most pathetic drivers out there in the HJW area.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:52   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear that xylo- your red Estilo is a real cutie! Make sure you get her back shipshape soon.

All said and done, well handled. You made one of those idiot Traveller guys burst into tears. That made my day

@ajay: Latur is where all the SSC toppers come from!
@Swanand: brains are *not* OEM- they are purely optional

Last edited by noopster : 7th December 2011 at 10:56.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 11:04   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@ajay: Latur is where all the SSC toppers come from!
I knew that piece of information. I thought that vehicles registered in Latur do not have horns on them.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 11:14   #583
Senior - BHPian

Mmxy: Well handled for sure! Loved the part where you made a yellow plated guy cry! Sure made my day.
Hope the Estillo gets back to the original glory at the earliest.

noop: I do understand. Nowadays, brains are merely additional optional accessories thrown in by the maker.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:15   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
But honestly, has anyone noticed? Poeple actually make use of the horn liberally, only cuz its OEM. Using the same logic, why dont they use brains, which is also OEM.
Swanand, OEM yes. But the ECU remapping is done differently for everyone? In some cases, its a total fail, some of these should be pictured in that Mods gone wrong thread

Quote:
That was pretty risky, Balaji. You need to just smile and back off in such situations, especially when you are with family.
I agree noop, but we do have to pick some battles to fight else these clowns will walk all over us. And I didnt get into a fight or heated argument. I was only stating the obvious in a very calm way. Similar to an appraisal I would say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
In the commotion the parking attendant came. I explained to the parking attendant about the problem. He also told that guy to move off. On seeing that he had no other go he moved off.
Then we parked.
Interesting incident dotty. Just to compare my experience with yours, the presence of one thing in either case. An attendant in yours and a sticker in mine!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 12:35   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Ok Punekars, this one has to be one of the weirdest case of road rage.

I was driving at 30 KMPH on a nearly empty road near Bavdhan at 1 PM on Saturday. One mini-truck in front of me stopped for something so I too stopped, obviously. But, this was not so obvious for the guy on Active behind me. He started honking like "pyaan pyaan pyaan pyaan pyaan pyaan..." x 100 times. So things started moving and he came close to my window and I asked him "Kashala horn wajavta rao. Rasta rikama ahe'(Why did you honk unnecessarily? The road is totally empty). His reply was funny and never-heard off in my 32 years of stay in Pune. He said "Punyat rahaycha asel tar horn chi savay hoylach pahije nahitar ja Latur la"(If you want to stay in Pune, you should get used to honking, otherwise shift to Latur).

This defies all the logic. There was no way I could get angry with this guy. I was just ROFL after hearing his response. Latur...why Latur of all places?

Thats really funny Ajay. The Activa guys should be the one who must be sent to Latur. He surely requires to complete his primary education. It is best to ignore these morons and have a hearty laugh at their expense

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks