Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 14:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Didnt you know, the Indian Armed Forces is recruiting .
Jokes apart, Ive seen people get injured while crossing that. Heck, even seen an accident happen only because of such morons.
Ignore the thanks for this one, I intended to quote you!

All said and done, I am glad that enforcement of rules (as against focus on extortion of fines) is being done at signals these days. I hardly see anyone trying to act smart, though this may be only when the cops are visibly around.
When I last visited Nasik in May, it was a throwback to how things were in Pune a few years ago. Hardly anyone bothered to follow traffic lights the legal way when I was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The problem lies in basic road manners. People won't make use of anything until enforced. Do they use footpaths? Forget footover bridges built across roads, they don't use them at railway lines either...
The only way to enforce such usage is by force and by the fear of heavy fines. Jaywalking should be a punishable offence just how it is in developed countries.
I couldnt agree with you anymore. Yesterday morning on my way to work, a guy hit his elbow/ arm on my left ORVM. I was doing about 2kmph in b2b traffic near the Paud road flyover (heading towards Nal Stop) and this guy was 'overtaking' another three pedestrians who were walking side by side (trying to squeexe between the rightmost guy and my car). The Jazz ORVM turns the other way too, so he wasnt hurt but he did his bit to argue. I told him 'in a way you overtook me, so how can I hit you?!'
Of course, if I was going any faster, I would have had a worse argument coming my way, though I was not doing anything wrong.

Last edited by selfdrive : 13th July 2011 at 14:42.
Old 13th July 2011, 14:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The other day, someone was telling me the permission for the pedestrian underpass (or whatever that is) being constructed near MIT College has been denied.
This is like....
First they dig up 50% of the road, complete 20% of the work, let the monsoons begin and then deny the permission.
Any idea what is the status of the underpass that they are trying to build at Kinara Hotel Junction? I am assuming that it is a pedestrian underpass.

I am seriously thinking of making use of the Right to Information act to get the data from the Pune Municipal Corporation. I have the following questions:
- What is being constructed at the junction?
- What was the planned budget?
- What is the current expenditure?
- What would be the actual cost when it is complete?
- When is it planned to be completed?

Searching for some info on how to use this Right to Information act and the procedure for it.
Old 13th July 2011, 14:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

^^ That would be a great initiative. Do you have any info on how to go about it? I would like to file one to question status of the toll naka at Chandni chowk

One improvement (relatively) at this Kinara junction is that there is a cop there who prevents vehicles coming from Rambag colony to turn right. They are asked to go upto the next roundabout and turn from there. At least the blockade is moved to another crossroad and not piled on to the same point!
Old 13th July 2011, 16:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Any idea what is the status of the underpass that they are trying to build at Kinara Hotel Junction? I am assuming that it is a pedestrian underpass.
Current status : Flooded.

Quote:
I am seriously thinking of making use of the Right to Information act to get the data from the Pune Municipal Corporation. I have the following questions:
- What is being constructed at the junction?
- What was the planned budget?
- What is the current expenditure?
- What would be the actual cost when it is complete?
- When is it planned to be completed?

Searching for some info on how to use this Right to Information act and the procedure for it.
How about filing from here ? RTI Request & Appeal Management Information System (RTI-MIS)

@Selfdrive : I have still been stopped and asked for toll on that naka, inspite of me protesting.
Old 13th July 2011, 17:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Current status : Flooded.
Flooded? Did it rain so much today?

Quote:
Thanks for the link sajo!
Edit: I think this link is for appealing in case of no response to a request one has filed. Can you / anyone help me with how to file a request for info?

Quote:
@Selfdrive : I have still been stopped and asked for toll on that naka, inspite of me protesting.
You can see my travails/ rants about that toll naka here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...l-plaza-6.html

Last edited by selfdrive : 13th July 2011 at 17:18.
Old 13th July 2011, 17:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Flooded? Did it rain so much today?
Naah, its just a deep hole so it holds water really well. They pump it out me thinks.

Quote:
Thanks for the link sajo!
Edit: I think this link is for appealing in case of no response to a request one has filed. Can you / anyone help me with how to file a request for info?
Ahh is it ? Sorry, I didnt know. Home: Central Information Commission (CIC) Online seems to be the key. Lets dig around some more.
Old 13th July 2011, 17:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Naah, its just a deep hole so it holds water really well. They pump it out me thinks.

Ahh is it ? Sorry, I didnt know. Home: Central Information Commission (CIC) Online seems to be the key. Lets dig around some more.
Aah, you were saying that hole they dug is flooded. I thought it was the entire chowk. Time to go home, or at least leave office!

Yep, this is the direct link:
Lodge Your Complaint: Central Information Commission (CIC) Online

Edit: I used the above link and it took me all of 5 minutes to fill up the form and get the complaint number. At least I will have some official confirmation on the status of that toll naka within 30 days. I am impressed with the tool, will keep you updated about the result.

Apparently, if its a matter of 'life and death', a response should be expected within 48 hours.

I also found another website that charges INR 150 for this activity (including government fees, service charges etc). Not sure what that is about; I didnt use that one.

Last edited by selfdrive : 13th July 2011 at 17:45.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 17:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep, this is the direct link:
Lodge Your Complaint: Central Information Commission (CIC) Online

I also found another website that charges INR 150 for this activity (including government fees, service charges etc). Not sure what that is about
Umm..still doesnt seem like it. Complaints are to be raised only if you are denied information by somebody.

Quote:
When to file a Complaint

RTI Act confers right to access to information held by a Public Authority on all Citizens. In case,you have been denied the access to information you may file Appeal / Complaint before the Central Information Commission (CIC).
Old 13th July 2011, 17:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Umm..still doesnt seem like it. Complaints are to be raised only if you are denied information by somebody.
Well, the form has an option that asks if I have approached a PIO for information before this. I chose the option 'No'

Lets see what happens; what if I dont know how/ where to find or approach the PIO?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 18:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sajo for the link.

Quote:
Well, the form has an option that asks if I have approached a PIO for information before this. I chose the option 'No'

Lets see what happens; what if I dont know how/ where to find or approach the PIO?
I opened the form. Stumped at the first question. What Union Ministry to be selected? I mean i can select Ministry of Surface Transport. But that is not from where i need the info. I am sure they would not know the details of some Kinara Junction in Pune.

What did you select Selfdrive?
Old 13th July 2011, 18:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I opened the form. Stumped at the first question. What Union Ministry to be selected? I mean i can select Ministry of Surface Transport. But that is not from where i need the info. I am sure they would not know the details of some Kinara Junction in Pune.

What did you select Selfdrive?
I selected the option for Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & highways. Once you select this options you get further options below where you can drill down/ filter/ focus on the specific area that concerns you.
Old 13th July 2011, 18:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

Selected Surface Transport Ministry and lodged a complaint. Lets see what comes up.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 11:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

Wow, we are becoming responsible citizens, arent we? Good going guys. Lets hope for a positive response from that RTI query, Bala.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

I suppose the authorities in Pune are glued to this thread!
The work, that had been stalled at MIT college, is now complete. The overbridge is now operational. Took it quite a few times over the weekend. The purpose of that bridge still fails me though.

Also, the work at Ramwadi Octroi post has begun again. Its more of a mess now, but the work is going on. The best part was, the police were asking the guys at work to finish the task as soon as possible. Spoke to one Mama the other day, and he did mention that the work was becoming a pain in their backside too (of course, this is not what he said, but what he meant ).
Old 18th July 2011, 12:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The work, that had been stalled at MIT college, is now complete. The overbridge is now operational. Took it quite a few times over the weekend. The purpose of that bridge still fails me though.
Well, it looks like they are trying to cover up the fact that they have messed up big time (wrt permissions etc)
Another analogy that we can now apply is that the smallest 'flyover' in Pune segregates straight/ through traffic from the vehicles (coming from Rambag colony oneway) taking a u turn.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks