Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 10:43   #781
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

^^^ A significant amount of shattered glass was at the Praj exit. I think, someone approaching from Chandni Chk impacted a vehicle joining near the Praj point. Since there were no smashed vehicles to be seen, probably happened over the weekend.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:19   #782
Senior - BHPian

It didnt happen over the weekend. My wife travelled that route today morning (around 8ish) and said there was no shattered glass. So, it seems to be that the accident took place sometime after 8.

By the sheer size of the shattered glass, I am willing to say that there might be a truck or bus that was involved.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:32   #783
BHPian

Interesting! I crossed that point at around 8:15 this morning. So an accident in 15 minutes, no commotion, vehicles cleared and just broken glass remaining? Either the parties were in real hurry or somethings not right here...
Old 9th January 2012, 12:27   #784
Senior - BHPian

Saw a black Audi Q7/ Q5 smashed and compressed from behind on the Express way last evening while returning to Pune. I think a truck or bus would have banged it from behind.
The vehicle had fallen off the road (maybe be due to the impact). Hope the passengers were wearing seat belts.
Lot of traffic on Express way, especially the ghat section with very slow moving trailers. Also saw one torn off tyre in the center of the road on the Express way. Some was doing high speeds on a bad tyre I guess.
The Pimpri Chinchwad route has a lot of traffic and is probably longer route. If someone wants to go to Pune station via Shivneri, then the bus via Wakad is a better option.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:38   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Interesting! I crossed that point at around 8:15 this morning. So an accident in 15 minutes, no commotion, vehicles cleared and just broken glass remaining? Either the parties were in real hurry or somethings not right here...

Yup, something sure aint right! I mean, something sure aint right about that road .

The way we are going about it, makes me feel that we belong to some CSI team, investigating a crime scene .

Ive said it time and again, people, please observe extreme caution while crossing this junction. Its a hell hole.
Old 9th January 2012, 13:13   #786
Senior - BHPian

^Can someone mark this point on Google maps?
I have no clue where is this notorious junction since I rarely visit that side of the town.
Old 9th January 2012, 13:24   #787
BHPian

I traveled through that junction around 7:45 am and I also saw the shattered glass. It has happened probably sunday night. While coming to that junction I pass by the bavdhan police chowky and I had seen a Neeta Volvo standing. Generally all accident vehicles on the highway end up near the chowky. Most probably that volvo was involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Yup, something sure aint right! I mean, something sure aint right about that road .

The way we are going about it, makes me feel that we belong to some CSI team, investigating a crime scene .

Ive said it time and again, people, please observe extreme caution while crossing this junction. Its a hell hole.

Last edited by athanedar : 9th January 2012 at 13:31.
athanedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 13:28   #788
Senior - BHPian

Today @ 12:30pm while coming to office saw this massive accident near Sadal Baba chowk beyond the new Bund Garden Bridge towards Bombay Sappers. As Esteem had met a head on accident with a tempo (guess 407), late yesterday night or today early morning. The tempo had turned turtle & the Esteem was very badly damaged, windshield completely smashed (sorry for no pictures as I was driving myself & couldn't wait there for long). Both vehicles must have been at very high speeds during the night hours. Anyone gets any further information please share here.
Old 9th January 2012, 14:18   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I have no clue where is this notorious junction since I rarely visit that side of the town.
Below is the picture of the aforementioned chowk. Whoever is trvelling on the bypass, or coming in from Bavdhan should observe caution.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-praj-chwk.jpg
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 14:42   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Quote:
Below is the picture of the aforementioned chowk. Whoever is trvelling on the bypass, or coming in from Bavdhan should observe caution.

Attachment 867904

Since, in spite of being daily commuter on this road I was confused with the orientation-- Towards the bottom left is Chandani Chowk and Top middle is Wakad Chowk.
Old 9th January 2012, 16:12   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Since, in spite of being daily commuter on this road I was confused with the orientation-- Towards the bottom left is Chandani Chowk and Top middle is Wakad Chowk.
Thank you. I am trying to add some information on Google maps using the Google Map Maker tool.
I can understand that the problem is when we go from South to North (from Bavdhan) along the bypass road.
But, where exactly is the problem area in the map? Can you pin-point further?

I am attaching a zoomed in version of the map in a document for your reference.

Let's see if I can put this on Google Maps.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Dangerous Crossing.doc (1.05 MB, 340 views)
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 17:14   #792
Senior - BHPian

All exits , intersections on the NH4 bypass from Pune onwards are very poorly designed. Actually I dont think there are any designs at all, just some random punctures on the road.

As you drive southwards along the NH4, you get to experience proper intersection-merging lanes, like those you see in other countries. And this is how it should have been.

Example : Here is one the NH4 near Satara. Note the extra lane for merging.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-extra_lanes_nh4.jpg

Sudden stopping on the highway to make a left/right turn leads to rear endings.

Last edited by sajo : 9th January 2012 at 17:17.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 10:47   #793
Senior - BHPian

Andd....... surprise surprise... Yet another rear ending yesterday on the NH4. Saw it while going back, an Indica and possibly a two wheeler were involved. We can start a new thread to report accidents on the NH4 and fill 100 pages of it in no time.
Old 10th January 2012, 11:02   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Andd....... surprise surprise... .
You sure about the surprise part??

I think people have come in terms with increased fuel prices, there is sudden surge in vehicles or is it the road that got squeezed due to repairs giving me that feeling, in which ever way, I cannot press enough on how important it is to drive slowly and cautiously here!
Old 10th January 2012, 11:12   #795
Senior - BHPian

Its come to this now, if we dont see a rear ending while coming to office or going home, there's something wrong with the day. It just doesnt seem complete.

Today morning saw another rear ending. Just after Sus Rd entry/exit. One car came from the overbridge and merged suddenly onto the bypass. A car coming from CC sudddenly braked, to avoid collision with this chap. End result being a soft rear ending. This, for no fault of his!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks