Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 13:09   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
@Ojas: Needless to say that the Innova was yellow plated. These guys get my goat everytime I see them on the roads.

BTW, did the biker fall down ? And its his fault that he wasnt maintaining safe braking distance from you.
I probably do that when I am on a bike too, without even realising it. Once many moons ago, I was riding my bike on Sinhagad road, when a guy in the front suddenly stopped to talk to a friend of his in the middle of the road. I was tailgating him, and rammed into his bike, breaking my fairing, bending my fork slightly and a introducing buzzy rattle that has never gone away since.
Old 28th July 2011, 13:32   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea where I could get the hot blower treatment done? Would the A$$ be the best place to do it, or would a local guy take care of it?
Hope this helps:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2426365

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 13:50   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
BTW, did the biker fall down ? And its his fault that he wasnt maintaining safe braking distance from you.
Yeah he did. That too on the side that had traffic flow. Lucky for him he was wearing a helmet.
This guy actually wanted to go the legal way, trying to make the Palio guy pay. I had to actually explain to him in all that ruckus, that it was technically his fault, and if he goes the legal way, he would have to pay for my damages as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Vikram, thanks for this. Shall go through the thread and try and get that guy to work on the dent.
Old 28th July 2011, 14:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Vikram, thanks for this. Shall go through the thread and try and get that guy to work on the dent.
If it doesn't work let me know I will fetch out a PCMC garaje number from my friend where they did a similar job for his Optra.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 28th July 2011 at 14:21.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 14:54   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All were safe, which is a good thing, but the damage has been done. My car has suffered its first accident .

I urge all those using the bypass, please be careful while on those turns. Its a risky business. Please drive safe.
Sorry to read about this Swanand.

I have the dent on my Vista at the same spot albeit that has been my own doing while reversing the car on Kashid Beach. I have not yet done that hot blower treatment as wanted to keep it as a reminder of my own carelessness.
Old 28th July 2011, 15:03   #111
Senior - BHPian

@Vikram: Called that guy you've mentioned. He shall be coming over in the evening and the work should be done. Quoted Rs.900. If that does it, then ill be a happy man!
Thanks a ton for that linky mate! Much appreciated.

@Amit: Yeah, Ive noticed that dent. You've told us the story while heading to the mega meet . Might as well get it done now.
Old 28th July 2011, 15:25   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PMC Declares it will make roads pothole free by today (Tuesday) evening!!!

Read full article here.

Tuesday evening? Really ?
I have observed some improvements on Nagar road condition in the last few days. Many pot holes are being filled - temporary patch applied.
However, overall condition of road is very bad compared to March-April period.
Old 28th July 2011, 15:25   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Amit: Yeah, Ive noticed that dent. You've told us the story while heading to the mega meet . Might as well get it done now.
Yup i also called him up after checking the link provided by Vikram. He is scheduled to come on Saturday. He must be wondering why suddenly so many calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Thanks Vikram. I had asked TATA A$$ about its removal about a year back and they had quoted about Rs.3000/-. So if it gets done in Rs.900 it would be a steal.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 16:51   #114
Senior - BHPian

Illegal Speedbreakers in Pune??:

Read the below article on NDTV about a youth being killed because of a illegal speed breaker.

Link: Illegal speed breaker claims 32-yr-old's life

Its a different matter though that the bike had 3 people on it and was driven rashly (as per the report).

It got me thinking and have seen speed breakers come up in my area overnight. And they always keep the job half done. For the first few days there was no white marking and no warning. Even though i use the street everyday i had to brake at the last minute initially for a couple of days. I can imagine the situation of other not so regular drivers on that road. I am not sure if there have been any permissions sought or what is the process for this. Has anyone else encountered this?

@Sajo - I am referring to the humps that have come up opposite to the Hari Om super market/Kanchan Ban society. Not sure if you take that road.
Old 28th July 2011, 17:26   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Damn that's a sensationalist headline if I saw one! If the speed breaker was in fact built illegally, by all means the authorities need to prosecute whoever did that. But to say that the illegal speedbreaker killed him when he was riding "triple-seat" on a bike that from was apparently "rashly driven" is just irresponsible journalism.

Having said all that, I myself took an unexpected aerial route on the rash of horribly constructed speed humps on Sus Road recently. Motorists used to speed along that road earlier since it is 6 lane and fairly well constructed. These buggers put the humps in place overnight without any warning stripes painted on signs to warn motorists!

It was so badly received by the public that they were forced to REMOVE one of the new speedbreakers (near Reliance Fresh) leaving the once-beautiful road in a pitiable mess.

Edit: I couldn't bear to look at the pic of Swanand's dented Laura. It's like having to look at pictures of a child's injury! That Praj exit is ridiculous- why can't people take either the Pashan exit or Chandni Chowk to get to the highway? The Pashan-Bavdhan road is a dream to drive on anyway (well, at loeast it used to be before they went all speedbreakery on it!)

Last edited by noopster : 28th July 2011 at 17:40.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 17:34   #116
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's the pic of that dent.
I feel bad for you, SIn, and your lovely ride. I guess there is absolutely no point to run after the biker or the Palio or the Innova guy for reimbursement. As RSteele said, the damage looks minimal. The bumper can be probably pushed back and a touch up paint will can clear the blemishes. Getting the right shade for the Cappuccino Beige maybe a challenge. Let me know if you need a paint job guy.

Quote:
An Innova coming from Praj side just came and stopped in the middle of the road.
These guys just come, isnt it? As if it is their god given right to step right into the road and it is the oncoming traffic's bother that they need to take evasive action. I run out of expletives for such people.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 18:34   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I have observed some improvements on Nagar road condition in the last few days. Many pot holes are being filled - temporary patch applied.
However, overall condition of road is very bad compared to March-April period.
PMC has extended their own deadline to Friday evening. Lets see if they deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Illegal Speedbreakers in Pune??:

Read the below article on NDTV about a youth being killed because of a illegal speed breaker.

Link: Illegal speed breaker claims 32-yr-old's life

Its a different matter though that the bike had 3 people on it and was driven rashly (as per the report).

It got me thinking and have seen speed breakers come up in my area overnight. And they always keep the job half done. For the first few days there was no white marking and no warning.

I know the ones you are talking about. I had to panic brake once when I encountered them for the first time.
BTW, almost all these elevated pedestrian crossings are pathetically designed, and the white markings which should have been high visibility ideally, has already faded almost completely (it was painted after a long delay as it is). And these days the lighting of the road too leaves much to be designed, with these back breakers appearing in the more shadowy areas. There should be white reflective paint and red reflective cats eyes (?) at the edges too..!

BTW, read this. Lets see how Rs 6,643 crore of our tax money gets utilised for Pune.
Old 28th July 2011, 21:07   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, read this. Lets see how Rs 6,643 crore of our tax money gets utilised for Pune.
Frankly i have lost all hope from the government or the municipality. I am not sure how many such committees must have been formed earlier and we still do not have anything good to show. Why target only the projects under JNNURM? Take any work that is done by the contractors appointed by the PMC. I believe they do shoddy work to ensure that they keep on getting regular contracts to fill up their coffers.
Old 28th July 2011, 21:49   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, those words came true today morning. Result- a dent on the rear bumper of my Laura.

My car has suffered its first accident .

I urge all those using the bypass, please be careful while on those turns. Its a risky business. Please drive safe.

Here's the pic of that dent.
Swanand,

The paint less dent guy will get the bumper back to shape and for the scratches we have our T-BHP stickers. The Got BHP sticker will be a perfect there or even the T-BHP Tachometer.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 10:24   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Vikram: Called that guy you've mentioned. He shall be coming over in the evening and the work should be done. Quoted Rs.900. If that does it, then ill be a happy man!
Thanks a ton for that linky mate! Much appreciated.
Sorry to hear about this incident Swanand. I am glad to know you have already found a solution and are not dwelling too much on it. Things happen!
Let us know how this job is done and if you can, add some pics too. We would like to see your ride back in full form

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks